• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

For those needing a idea,

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
fyi, there is always a demand for a good 'sharpener'
saw blades, knives, chainsaw blades, lawn mower blades, and so on

you can get a cheap circular saw blade sharpener at harbor, or go the cadillac version
there are electric drill bit sharpeners,
knife sharpeners and so on

then of course, you have the real talent which can do them all in a timely fashion by hand and some minor tools

https://www.thorvie.com/product/av-40-saw-blade-sharpening-machine/

https://www.harborfreight.com/120-volt-circular-saw-blade-sharpener-96687.html

https://www.ebay.com/p/1056263599

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I sharpen all my stuff, except carbide cutters, they require a green or pink stone.
I learned how to sharpen knives as a teenager & I learned how to sharpen drill bits OJT.
Both are done by hand. Sharpening a chainsaw blade, by hand, is the easiest of all.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
seems like the thing that eludes me is sharpening ability........but i have a drill dr....and a bunch of different knife sharpeners including the fancy ones.....bench grinder........hunting now i use the replaceable blade knives.....and when i do sharpen a knife i use the carbide V pull thrus..........i do sharpen brush hog and hay cutter knives with a 4" grinder ok....just something i am not good at

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Or if you are a cheap assed fiddly DIY goof around sorta guy...

... sort shit I'd play with.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Back in The Olden Days, as GI's we useta sit around sharpening our knives. Typically, we would test the sharpness by cutting a hair lengthwise. <-- TINS. You lay the hair on the end of you thumb and stroke the blade lightly.

Do it gently enough, and you get a sliver curling up. Getting a double curl was possible, but very difficult.

Then, of course, it would be necessary to RE-sharpen your knife.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
seems like the thing that eludes me is sharpening ability........but i have a drill dr....and a bunch of different knife sharpeners including the fancy ones.....bench grinder........hunting now i use the replaceable blade knives.....and when i do sharpen a knife i use the carbide V pull thrus..........i do sharpen brush hog and hay cutter knives with a 4" grinder ok....just something i am not good at
I believe it is a function of "hand, eye" co-ordination. I have built model cars & airplanes since I was 8 years old. I think it is an acquired trait.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Back in The Olden Days, as GI's we useta sit around sharpening our knives. Typically, we would test the sharpness by cutting a hair lengthwise. <-- TINS. You lay the hair on the end of you thumb and stroke the blade lightly.

Do it gently enough, and you get a sliver curling up. Getting a double curl was possible, but very difficult.

Then, of course, it would be necessary to RE-sharpen your knife.
Geeeeeez, Unca yer splitting hairs !:dduck::dduck::dduck:
Sharp enough to shave with, is sharp enough for me. !! :gracious: