• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

GIM Membership Drive 2019

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Thanks Scorpio:2 thumbs up:

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Small donation to a great cause ( user name is in e-mail addy).

Also want to say thanks to everyone for different reasons. Best place to check normalcy, or lack there of with test results in no uncertain terms. Also great place to understand what matters and get toughened up.

With that said I will be saying goodbye for a while, too many irons in the fire and GIM is too easy to spend time on. Will be using "extra" time getting ready to move again since this location isn't working out for the wifes health. Fresh open spaces are great but cold is cold just like our childhood states and autoimmune issues don't like cold. So back south we go hopefully some time this summer.

Thanks again
GL with the move ! :summer:

Welcome Back! I can't stand shoveling snow and the cold?, Thanks to those who do, my blessings!
and
Take care of the wife, she'll take care of you

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
thanks!

Hystckndle

GETWHAT'SYOURS
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter

Also want to say thanks to everyone for different reasons. Best place to check normalcy, or lack there of with test results in no uncertain terms. Also great place to understand what matters and get toughened up.

With that said I will be saying goodbye for a while, too many irons in the fire and GIM is too easy to spend time on. Will be using "extra" time getting ready to move again since this location isn't working out for the wifes health. Fresh open spaces are great but cold is cold just like our childhood states and autoimmune issues don't like cold. So back south we go hopefully some time this summer.

Thanks again
Will miss ya while away.
Regards,

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
All the regulars must donate or the terrorists win! Thanks Scorp.
All the regulars must donate or the terrorists AND COMMIES win. Much worse outcome.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
itsa:

Well... ya may learn slow-like, but ya be learnin'.

If I may share professional-level Cold-Afraider-Of knowledge, it goes thisaway. Here is what I found best:

South of Orlando by no less than 50 miles. Curiously, there is a repetitive weather pattern that makes a huge difference.

East Coast -- You have civilization (Hospitals, Parks, Beaches, yada).

At least 15 miles from the Coast. Prices drop hugely, and you are still near everything.

Go gettem, lad... and God bless your lady.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
South of Orlando by no less than 50 miles. Curiously, there is a repetitive weather pattern that makes a huge difference.

East Coast -- You have civilization (Hospitals, Parks, Beaches, yada).

At least 15 miles from the Coast. Prices drop hugely, and you are still near everything.
That'd be in the area my brother Conan the Libertarian hangs is sword.
Buy ya a GENERAC if ya go there. They got these winds they call "Hurricanes" those people lose there electricity often and for long periods of time.
CtL was the Toast of the Neighborhood. He had lights, TV, air conditioning, internet and a few sleep overs. Neighbors brought their meats and refrigerated stuff for everybody meals. And the group had the roads cleared of trees when the power company workers finally got to them. They ran there own neighborhood watch program too.
While the world around them was Off-Line.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Goldbix --

Been here in Chateau Snedeker 18 years. Three hurricanes. No damage, but the fargin electricity went out for a week.

As luck would have it, I had two window air conditioners, a gas grill and solar oven, and enough juice for a microwave.

Oh. And shutters that took me five minutes to seal up.

The above ^^^^^^^^^^ fades into the realm of "meh". D'ysee, back in the Olden Days, Himself and The Fabled PC lived in a trailer on a mountaintop.

Know this in your heart: COLD will kill you faster than HOT & MUGGY.

You can test this by doing the following: Go outside on a winter day. Nekkid. Lay down.

Do the same down here in Floriduh. One place, you'll die. The other will require sunscreen.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Lay down outside in the winter?
OK, you lay down outside during one of yer hurry-cains
That will level the field a bit.

:Happy::Happy:
BF

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++

Thanks again
All the best to you & your wife. Godspeed.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Lay down outside in the winter?
OK, you lay down outside during one of yer hurry-cains
That will level the field a bit.

:Happy::Happy:
BF
Well, I'll call ya on that. whistle:

We had a hurricane zooming around here... wind blowing west to east. I wuz curious, so I went out my garage side door (on the lee side).

Lordy, it was fascinating! The trees and stuff were roaring along with the wind. Very little rain. And I was standing in essentially still air. So I walked on down to the north corner of my house and eased my hand into the wind.

YIKES! It was a truly surprising, steady push. So I added more and more arm into the airstream. Weird feeling, no error. Took only a couple of seconds until the wind actually became uncomfortable on my skin. TINS.

I could not get a peek around the corner. No way.

And while I did not need sunscreen, I was OK with the 82 degree temperature. :D

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
OK, no personal experience with sleepin in the snow but I offer in return a short story by Jack London called To Build a Fire for my submission.

BF

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Hey up guys, now over 85% to goal,

We don't have much further to go and we call it good enough for the year.
Thanks to all those who have provided so far,

On another note, I have 3 for sure that I cannot match up to assign a banner to.

Please advise in some way if you have not been updated as of yet.

Gracias'

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey up guys, now over 85% to goal,

We don't have much further to go and we call it good enough for the year.
Thanks to all those who have provided so far,

On another note, I have 3 for sure that I cannot match up to assign a banner to.

Please advise in some way if you have not been updated as of yet.

Gracias'
Donating to a group that has a spanish speaking Polar Bear is worth the price of admission alone! Pony up ya'll.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I dunno, that transition to the south if your from the north isn't an easy one. I made it about 6 months in northern Fl before I headed back north. The python population is getting pretty high down there too so they will be spreading from So fl to northern fl before to long. 30,000 of them is the latest estimate. I try to live in places where the wildlife wont eat you.
Of course the north isn't without problems either. We have met heads that will kill you for your nyquil. :robber:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I dunno, that transition to the south if your from the north isn't an easy one. I made it about 6 months in northern Fl before I headed back north. The python population is getting pretty high down there too so they will be spreading from So fl to northern fl before to long. 30,000 of them is the latest estimate. I try to live in places where the wildlife wont eat you.
Of course the north isn't without problems either. We have met heads that will kill you for your nyquil. :robber:
You may now post in the Senile thread Mr. CL.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Everyone is doing great,
Same number now of donors as last year,

Over the last year, got hit with a couple of tech bills that I hadn't accounted or planned for, where I had to cover it. This year I would like a bit of a cushion for unforeseen, and if it doesn't happen, so be it.

stupid stuff like where I changed the header or name of the site for a bit, just to get everyone all worked up and that kind of stuff. So it was on me anyway.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Everyone is doing great,
Same number now of donors as last year,

Over the last year, got hit with a couple of tech bills that I hadn't accounted or planned for, where I had to cover it. This year I would like a bit of a cushion for unforeseen, and if it doesn't happen, so be it.

stupid stuff like where I changed the header or name of the site for a bit, just to get everyone all worked up and that kind of stuff. So it was on me anyway.
Hey, it's GIM! WWG1WGALL

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Thanks ole SCORPIO...

HistoryStudent

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
fyi, the last few guys put us at goal

thanks to all, as 2019 is now covered.

I took down the msg and the paypal buttons.
AND
24 hours ahead of schedule. Donald J. Trump would be proud (if he only knew about our lil' group).
:winks2:
1550380240164.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
fyi, the last few guys put us at goal

thanks to all, as 2019 is now covered.

I took down the msg and the paypal buttons.
Great group we have here, isn't it? This place is unique in many ways, not the least of which is we fund our own sandbox. Thanks to all my brothers and sisters for coming to the table once again to keep the doors open and the lights on in my favorite place on the interwebs! (probably because most of us actually either work or have worked for a living all our lives and know the value of (real) money, and actually have some)