• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

GIM1...

chomper

Purveyor of Filth
Silver Miner
Does any remnant of the original iteration of GiM survive? I wouldn't mind going through my posts on there.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I believe it is gone, forever. I too would have enjoyed going back.

chomper

Purveyor of Filth
Silver Miner
Would be interesting to know, those who forget or choose to forget the past are doomed to repeat it...

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Does any remnant of the original iteration of GiM survive? I wouldn't mind going through my posts on there.
What about the "Way back machine"?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
goldismoney.org. I think it was org, know it wasn't com.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Khan was leaving, I picked up the ball

brought on some others to help who only stabbed me in the back later, but that is another story

anyway, on the flop, moving the site to a new home, the moron doing the move completely pooched it and screwed up the whole db, rendering it unrecoverable.

by then, the old hoster basically said we got nothing, you guys are on your own

whether nefarious or not, I will never know, I have sincere doubts about the person hired to do the tech swap. I took someones advice there on the techie, and it backfired big time.

but you can be assured, Khan was man up the whole time and it wasn't his fault, not even a little

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I just like this:

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
It all went down on April 1. Everyone was seriously confused if it was a joke or not. IIRC the switch was thrown with only 24 hours notice.

I had so many thousands of posts on GIM1 that it felt like a lot of my labor adding info to the collective knowledge was flushed down the loo. It was a kick in the gut. For this reason it took me a couple years before I began contributing to GIM2. However, I registered my username ASAP so that someone couldn't come into the new site and pose as me.

We lost a lot of quality posters over it. They pushed hard to take me with them to the new site, but I didn't go. Even more so, we lost a TON of invaluable information - especially in the survival forum. It was an amazing repository of practical knowledge.

chomper

Purveyor of Filth
Silver Miner
The Wayback Machine has snapshots of the landing page for GiM1, none of the links are saved.

The domain is still alive, appears to be parked.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Basically - my understanding was that GKhan was concerned about the Patriot act - and potential repercussions from it.

So - decided that he didnt want to be a legal "owner" of the domain - with the potential liability attached to whatever was posted by any random poster.

Removing him from the letterhead resulted in this conversion which ended up costing so much lost information...years of inputs, people lost their well developed reputations, so much lost...

But here we are...

as i said - that is my understanding...and it might be flawed...