• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gold Duck, Welcome to the GIM Hall of Fame!

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Gold Duck, Welcome to the GIM Hall of Fame!

Your efforts to educate others over the years have been noticed by many. The steadfast support of metals and living a life honorably have been laid in the pages over the years.

Congratulations and best wishes to you,

Scorpio

platinumdude

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Congratulations Gold Duck! May you get well and continue to post for a long time.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Congratulations, Gold Duck, you crazy zany old fart...

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Just spoke to Don, and he gave me permission to post pics of him and his place that I took visiting him about 5 years ago.

P1020569.JPG
P1020577.JPG
P1020581.jpg
P1030011 copy.jpg
P1020462.jpg
P1020466.jpg
P1020454.jpg
P1020457.jpg

He has pretty much given up. Tells me he's bedridden these days. Please send him your prayers...

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
He has pretty much given up
I hate to hear this, but I completely understand.

I'm sure each man comes to know the limits of his own body and mind, comes to know that he's done all that he can do and is at ease that he has prepared himself for what lies before him and has prepared those he leaves behind as well.

If Don is at that place tell him it's okay to let go.

Let him know he's touched people he has never met but who know him through his words and actions.

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I suspect we will meet in the future, Ducky but probably not in this world. I'll pray for a miracle but if not, smooth travel.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
arminius: Please pass on my best wishes to Don. Wonderful to see him and the duck nest. He and his homestead look like I imagined.
He is a great asset to the forum. I will pray for him. Based on what Don has shared, a life well lived.

Thank you again for doing this stuff.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
He does look like a wizard. All he needed was a costume like this

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Those eyes are the eyes in his avatar.

Best wishes to you Duck! I could live in a place like that. Plenty of room for a shop and stuff.

Unfortunately, the wife would object!

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
My admiration for you has just increased tenfold. Get Well and Congratulations. You will be long remembered.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Fastest emoticon in the, errrrr, west?

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I have enjoyed Gold Ducks's post throughout the years.

Gold Duck you have taught many more than you will ever know. You are one of the good guys and always will be.:shit happens::spaceship::2 thumbs up:

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
All I can say is "he did it his way" and it don't get no better then that!.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Saddens my heart to hear that Sir Duck is in a bad way and perhaps face to face with that day wich surly awaits us all.

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh '

I choose to believe that's the way you lived it and the way you will go sir.
Thanks for the memories and kindness you showed me in my short time here, Goodbye my friend.

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
Funniest thing. You know how you see a poster on this forum, and you imagine in your mind what they look like, what type of house/property they may have, or any other personal attribute? I have to say, he looks just like i thought he would. I think this is evidence of the Duck's honesty, integrity and just down to earthness. The man is a REAL human being, not some phony trying to portray himself any way other than he is. I truly admire you Duck! People like you are hard to come by anymore. I wish I had more friends like you that live close by. You are a Gem for sure!

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Prayers to you Duck Don, never give up. Let us all hope you are out of that bed soon.

SH

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
YES, I hope to hear from him soon, but I am afraid that it will be when I am in that space with duck, gone from this space....

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Belated Congrats Gold Duck and I hope you have plenty more quaking for us.

FF