• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gold.....scarce my keister, oodles of it out there

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Huge explosion in space ‘created several hundred planets’ worth of gold’

Rob Waugh,Yahoo News UK 4 hours ago

There are planets' worth of gold and platinum out there (Getty)
Don’t tell any gold prospectors, but there’s hundreds of planets’ worth of the precious yellow metal among the stars - after scientists found evidence of huge golden explosions in space.
Researchers first spotted a ‘kilonova’ - a turbocharged explosion that instantly forged several hundred planets' worth of gold and platinum - in August 2017, in a merger between two neutron stars.
Astronomers suspect that all of the gold and platinum on Earth formed as a result of ancient kilonovae created during neutron star collisions.
But now researchers from the University of Maryland's Department of Astronomy believe that another gamma ray burst spotted in August 2017 may have had its own ‘kilonova’.

NASA's Neil Gehrels Swift Observatory began tracking the 2016 event, named GRB160821B, minutes after it was detected.
The early catch enabled the research team to gather new insights that were missing from the kilonova observations of the LIGO event, which did not begin until nearly 12 hours after the initial collision.
Lead author Eleonora Troja, ‘The 2016 event was very exciting at first. It was nearby and visible with every major telescope, including NASA's Hubble Space Telescope. But it didn't match our predictions--we expected to see the infrared emission become brighter and brighter over several weeks.
‘Ten days after the event, barely any signal remained. We were all so disappointed. Then, a year later, the LIGO event happened.
‘We looked at our old data with new eyes and realized we had indeed caught a kilonova in 2016. It was a nearly perfect match. The infrared data for both events have similar luminosities and exactly the same time scale.’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/huge-exp...-hundred-planets-worth-of-gold-194205813.html

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
gold ain't worth nothing, it's a relic from our past
It's all over the Galaxy, we've only given it a value

:dog:

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
nsa...quick, hide all that

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Supposedly there is a planet made of diamond too. Trouble is WE can't get to it or the Gold or the Platinum from here, and by the time we can we will all be dirt and it will not be cost effective. JMHO

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Wait a minute....

I'll be damned, Andial and Stonedywankanobe are right.

Silver IS more scarce than gold afterall.
Yep plus,
Silver is, was and always will be the moar beguiling ist of all the noble metals Dubby. Not just Dialbro and i that know this is a fact. Earilest form of man apes agreed as did all, yes all, of the dinosaurs plus most freshwater panfish.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I forget the channel, whether is was the Science Channel or Discovery channel or History channel, but there was a show about the planets that one of the so called "experts" said that the earth's iron core had a core of heavier elements in it including gold and that the gold found in the crust is actually some that had managed to escape; hence the reason it is found along fissures that subterranean water penetrated or near magma inclusions.

So in essence, gold may not be scarce in the universe but the difficulty getting to the gold makes its value more than it should be.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I forget the channel, whether is was the Science Channel or Discovery channel or History channel, but there was a show about the planets that one of the so called "experts" said that the earth's iron core had a core of heavier elements in it including gold and that the gold found in the crust is actually some that had managed to escape; hence the reason it is found along fissures that subterranean water penetrated or near magma inclusions.

So in essence, gold may not be scarce in the universe but the difficulty getting to the gold makes its value more than it should be.
That makes sense...never thought about it....

The theory is that the Earth's core is iron because back when the planet was in a volcanous state - gravity eventually pulled the heavier iron to the core. It would make sense then that the core of the core is actually gold...or even lead...or whatever is even more dense than iron...

And yeah - if there are volcanic fissures - it would make sense that the magma that rises out of that fissure would contain some of the heavier elements that comprise the core...

Just never thought about it - always simply accepted what I was taught in school that the core was made of iron...

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I remember that from my days as a yoot...

Along with Hawaiian gold and Thai sticks (joints dipped in formaldehyde).

Those were the days...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Supposedly there is a planet made of diamond too. Trouble is WE can't get to it or the Gold or the Platinum from here, and by the time we can we will all be dirt and it will not be cost effective. JMHO
deBeers already made it there and just finished filling their ten thousandth warehouse full of 'diamonds and precious minerals'...

Yep, let's go get them things that women love...stoopid women...stoopid men...LOL

idk, it's so weird...LOL
but i'm cheap financially stable, and i'd rather keep it that way...

;)

elon and I have this plan see,

we got this
Run For The Hills Brother Bear, Run as fast as your four legs will take you, Run!

don't look back either, this guy will sell his mothers mortgage to make an electric car that doesn't burn up...Run!

I remember that from my days as a yoot...

Along with Hawaiian gold and Thai sticks (joints dipped in formaldehyde).

Those were the days...

o.k. the thai sticks i've seen were in plastic tupperware bowls, the rectangular kind and the marijuana was actually tied around a bamboo stick, it was tied with a thin fiber strip that appeared to be made of bamboo also

I saw about a pound...it wasn't dipped, it was straight from Thailand and man was it good...it was not mine, i was only a participant, but it was good...i did buy a few sticks but not the pound...

yep, it's the good old days...nowadays, i grow the same shit, no, BETTER, in my backyard...for free

LOL

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I love the artwork and the imagination...
Imagine this:
Replacing that tread on that strip mining rig...replacing one of those teeth where the roll pin is wedged, a welder is required...setting up the crane that would be needed to assemble that monster...providing enough oxygen to support several hundred workers plus the other crews who would support the launch / landing zone, the food zones, the energy zones...The Sewer Workers of the World, UNITE!

You can say these artists are dreamers...they aren't the only one's

Now, Imagine, A World That Could Live As One

I Can't...

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
now the futures market makes sense. they are selling galaxial gold for future delivery
But the paperwork, does it come via vacuum tube or does it just disappear, like a home loan that's been sold three times over, along the way?

Solar panels, mostly.
Tesla/Solar City Style...working for the man every night and day
ain't got no credentials, ain't no how, ain't no way...

got me some steel tools,
Electrical Safe, That's the Way

Got 'em at a Discount,
Harbor Freight All The Way!

Elon's got the Club Membership
he told me it's o.k.

It's my Job, Its My Pride
as long as I pay

the billllllllllll

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
gold ain't worth nothing, it's a relic from our past
It's all over the Galaxy, we've only given it a value

:dog:
No...it’s got value because it doesn’t tarnish. There’s a reason we use it for jewelry, electrical contacts, etc.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Yes, oodles and oodles. For the right price.

R.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Plenty of gold under the ocean.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Plenty of gold under the ocean.
Plenty of gold IN the ocean.
But even Annunaki technology could not make it viable for their requirements.

Japan is getting close. There refine their human waste for gold, silver and PMs as their diet is primarily fish and seafood.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I know some people in Australia raid termites to get to their poop. They shit gold out.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
i just shop ebay, i can buy all i want and keep one hand on my beer

:beer: