• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gold / Silver ratio revisited

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
We might have another indicator signaling the 'next leg up' in terms of Gold / Silver ratio.

When we look at the latest recent highs (Aug-Sept 2011) of Gold in the $1899 range & Silver in the $45 per oz. range, the ratio was shortened to 42:1. Before that a few years earlier it was Gold $900 with Silver being in the $13 range or 70:1........with many here highlighting that great imbalance.

Once again we have the G/S ratio way outta whack with $1256 Au and $17.47 Ag.........which is a ratio of 72:1 !

I'm sure there's still time before a 'pop' but I'd look at acquiring over the next few months to get a good position on 2017. The Silver Bull is about to be let out of the gates once again.

~AD~

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I wonder if there's a chart on this out on the .net somewhere ???

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Up and over 73 as we speak. The big boys are putting the pedal to the metal.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Knocking on 78 this weekend. Are we going to see 80 before this beat down is done?

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Knocking on 78 this weekend. Are we going to see 80 before this beat down is done?
WoW...........I think the levee is about to break.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Orrrr, is gold about to take a dive???

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The G/S ratio has proven over the last decade that GOLD is money and silver is an industrial metal. Silver is pretty, and I sure wish our coins were silver instead of pretend, but if you really want insurance against economic calamity, then stack gold.

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
78.2/1 per coininfo as of this post.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The G/S ratio has proven over the last decade that GOLD is money and silver is an industrial metal.
Pretty sure there's more to it than that. Copper is an industrial metal, but it's tripled in price in nominal dollar terms since 1980. Palladium is an industrial metal...it was $118 in 1986. Tin, aluminum, zinc...all higher prices in nominal dollar terms.

Forget metals...silver is the only commodity I know of that constantly loses value in nominal dollar terms. It loses a lot of value too...-67.7% since 1980 and nearly the same just since 2011. Ummm...I don't think it's because it's an industrial metal. I think there's something a bit more nefarious at work here.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The G/S ratio has proven over the last decade that GOLD is money and silver is an industrial metal. Silver is pretty, and I sure wish our coins were silver instead of pretend, but if you really want insurance against economic calamity, then stack gold.
Gold went from nearly $2000 to $1200 recently - not what I would call stable money. The metals are speculation - I'll take silver at 80 to 1.

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Gold went from nearly to $2000 to $1200 recently - not what I would call stable money. The metals are speculation - I'll take silver at 80 to 1.
I made some great trades, silver for gold in the low/mid 30's to 1. I'd go for trading some gold to silver @ 80/1.

Last edited:

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Trading the GSR is the closest you can get to actual alchemy. And it sure takes the angst out of watching the value in dollars get whacked.

With a whiff of 80 again, it might be your last chance to double your stack from the 30's a few years ago. Maybe that's why they call them doubloons...

Trading the GSR is the closest you can get to actual alchemy. And it sure takes the angst out of watching the value in dollars get whacked.

With a whiff of 80 again, it might be your last chance to double your stack from the 30's a few years ago. Maybe that's why they call them doubloons...
I'm stuck between these two points of view. I have been itching to increase my gold stack lately. The older I get I realize "Gold is King". I believed in the past that silver "had a better chance of an upswing than gold". Not so much anymore. The GSR is at 78.15. Many say that playing the GSR is antiquated. From what I saw looking at graphs it looks like the last two times playing the GSR has paid off was in 1999 and 2011. Are we looking at a typical cycle of 12 years? 6 or 7 times in one's lifetime? Anyways, to scratch my gold itch I am going to get an American Buffalo today after I watch Star Wars with my nephew this morning.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I've been playing with gold and silver relative to fiat and relative to one another since the early 90's. The experiences I've had during that time have led me to conclude that there's something very very wrong with the way silver is being treated. Perhaps someone with infinitely deep pockets realizes that people gauge the value of gold and silver relative to one another and is intentionally suppressing silver to hold them both down vs fiat. I don't know, but I am 100% convinced that these are not the actions of a free market. Further I believe that the free market will eventually impose itself and when that happens, that which is suppressed the most will react the most violently...just as it has in the past. The obvious sticking point...is when, and to that I say simply I do not know.

http://usdebtclock.org/

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
"The Crime of 1870" is why silver is suppressed - as explained in "Coin's Financial School" by W.H. Harvey in 1894. The best book on silver there is! If you want to understand Bi-metalism and free coinage and how we were robbed of freedom and prosperity by the gold standard, it's in this pamphlet.

https://freedom-school.com/books/coin-financial-school.pdf

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
76.67/1 per coininfo as of this post.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
We are over 79 again this morning. Are we going to see another run at 80?
Silver has been dogging it for a while now while gold has been edging upward little by little! Lots going on under the manipulation covers trying to keep order me thinks!

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Up and over 79 again on this morning's smackdown. Maybe we see 80 this go 'round?:popcorn:

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Jobs numbers strong - dollar strong. Markets getting clobbered, silver leading the way to the wood shed. We are at 79.5 now.
Its been 10 years since we've seen 80, right?

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
When the ratio is high, sell gold and acquire silver, right?
You've got it. Just take it in to your local coin dealer and swap it. If they don't have enough inventory to fill your order, take a check but don't cash it- tell them what you're doing. Give them back the check when they can fill it. No cash changes hands that way.

If you've been doing it right for a few cycles you may need a cart and truck for the trip home.