• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Good Investment Advice...around here somewhere

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
there's going to be some money passed around in this blender.
As I've read the stories over the last 3 days, this is the order of release...

1) Warren Buffett finally opens his wallet during the pandemic, with nearly $10 billion purchase
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...ic-with-nearly-10-billion-purchase-2020-07-06

2) Energy companies cancel construction of Atlantic Coast Pipeline
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/us/duke-dominion-energy-cancel-atlantic-coast-pipeline/index.html

3) Dakota Access Pipeline must be shut down, judge orders
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dakota-access-pipeline-must-be-shut-down-judge-orders/ar-BB16oCdP

Buffet investment, he knows something...one project cancelled, Dominion Energy, iirc, now an installed pipeline shut down...

watch for the next marker, somethings afoot and someone can probably make a few bucks, just have to find out where they're going with this program

follow the bouncing ball...

offered for your knowledge only, i know nothing nor do I have anything vested in any of this, in fact, i'm poor...

GL

DYODD

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Over the weekend, Berkshire Hathaway Inc. said it is going to acquire Dominion Energy’s natural gas transmission and storage business, valued at $9.7 billion including assumed debt.
Analysts at JPMorgan said the acquired assets had earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization of around $1 billion, calling the price “not the highest we have seen gas pipes transact at.”
Sounds like a pretty good buy. That's what I would call a "value stock".

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
the terminal/pipeline companies have been CRUSHED. many of the weaker players are in trouble. i have a good chunk of EPD, one of the blue chips of that biz. wouldnt surprise me to see more takeover activity at these prices

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
it puts a lot of 'value' into 'circulation', it brings out 'excitement' in some...it covers up sins, perhaps, in others

just look at one aspect:
Heathenway gets his oil loads back, his equipment is brought out of storage...profits used to pay for 'acquisitions', literally costs him nothing except for the judgemental connections, which again, literally 'pay for themselves'...over time

one other aspect:
losses and court arguments over a conduit are finalized with both sides 'saving face', lady justice gets raped again as the 'payouts' for silence are probably already on paper with the ink dry...

any others?

these guys 'wash money', none of it will hit your hands nor mine...lots of things go away...

i haven't gone much further but me smells a large steamy pile of something...watch for the 'tells'

otoh, the 'velocity' of value has suddenly changed again, were YOU prepared for it? i'll bet a million bucks others were...so, stock values will shift again, on key players to this move, watch for opportunities...but know where they appear to be coming from...stay ahead

GL

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Cancel all the pipelines you want. Make everyone happy, save the environment, then the lights go out ......... from not enough gas ........ and then the price per/cf goes up. Are you still happy?

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
but what's the best investment strategy for this, distribution, certainly, but at what level?

as for society:
idk, collectively, through our courts and all the lawsuits that are now Null and Void, 'they've been retracted', the tax payer money involved at the administrative / paperwork level, we've 'already lost' as no justice will be 'written' and I literally expect more changes are due...

not knowing if there are any other reasons this occurred, other than chasing profit and control, that is anyone's guess...

this is probably a 10 year play for the investors...probably be sold upon demise...but, there's probably something to bet on...idk

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I was reading on the Indian Tribe, i remember they lost most court battles, then i found this:

The New Tribe Chairman, November 2017

1594142886202.jpg

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/st...cle_3618c79c-36dc-5cf6-b48b-622ad8ecae6d.html

"(Mike) Faith has 19 years of experience as an employee of the tribe, having worked for Standing Rock’s Game and Fish Department. He has also served a term as a councilman at large on the tribal council. "

but odd...this article never mentions this statement ** announced in the below article:

he beat out this guy:

1594142965452.png

https://www.capjournal.com/news/sta...cle_a103f830-a4d6-11e7-b740-0b6387fdb4ee.html

** "He was elected chairman in 2013, defeating the man who won this week. "...

i'm looking for patterns...lies begin to erupt, omissions, maybe, but we're talking power, the Indian was hired to fight the pipeline, when that failed, the white guy takes over again, and it's not mentioned he was ever chairman at all...maybe he wasn't and the above line is a lie, but that would make less sense...

hmmmmm

DYODD

Last edited:

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
but wait, there's more:

Today: Headline:
Warren Buffett giving away another $2.9 billion, bringing total donations since 2006 to $37 billion
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/08/war...total-donations-since-2006-to-37-billion.html

"This year, the “Oracle of Omaha” is distributing 15.9 million class B shares of Berkshire Hathaway valued at about $2.9 billion.
  • After making the most recent donation, Buffett will still hold 248,734 Class A shares of Berkshire, valued at about $67.5 billion.
  • Before he began carving out a portion of his holdings each year for charity, he held 474,998 Class A shares of Berkshire, which would be valued at roughly $129 billion today.
"

"Buffett has said he will give away more than 99% of his fortune, with the bulk going to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; a charity founded by Buffett’s late wife, Susan Thompson Buffett; and charities run by each of his three children. "

(but I especially like this line:)

"His combined federal and Nebraska income tax paid — including projections for 2020 — has been reduced by about 43 cents for every $1,000 he has given the foundations over the last 15 years. "

but yet, I found this statement:

"The billionaire investor said Wednesday that he's received only “minor" tax-deduction benefits from the gifts. Over the past 15 years, every $1,000 of contributions has allowed him to deduct a little less than $1 from his taxable income, according to the statement.5 hours ago"

i googled this: "warren buffet donations over 15 years"

anyways: doing some basic math, these DONATIONS, are saving him millions of dollars in taxes...and we know the DONATIONS are only to himself, his kids and to the Gates...

i was only on a search for investments for this pipeline deal, pick one...and here we go down the rabbit hole, Oracle of Omaha, er, ...yeah

anyways...
he ain't no saint...

i wonder what else there is to find...

Oh Google!....