• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Harvard Economist Warns “$700 Gold by Mid-2017″

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Harvard Economist Warns “$700 Gold by Mid-2017″

June 9, 2016

Investors are fleeing to gold in a desperate attempt to weather the recent market volatility… but is this long time “safe-haven” actually poised to collapse wiping out trillions of dollars of wealth in the process?

One highly respected Harvard economist is stating an emphatic “yes!”.

“While many economists will argue that gold is not in a bubble… and insist it will soar to $2,000, $5,000 and even $10,000, my research has said otherwise” says Harvard economist Harry Dent in his latest report. “I’ve never been more certain of anything in over 30 years of economic forecasting.”

Market volatility, worries over the Europe Central Bank, negative interest rates, and China are among a laundry list of events that are driving panicked masses to buy the yellow metal. But this is only inflating the gold bubble that is poised to pop at any moment, he says.

Dent, who pioneered a whole new science of economic forecasting in the early 1980’s has been able to accurately predict almost every major economic event over the past 30 years. —including the collapse of Japan, The Great Tech Boom of the 1990’s, and the 2008 market crash.

Now his latest prediction his proving controversial among financial circles across the country.

Traditionally investors flock to gold as a way to hedge against inflation. But according to Dent’s research, we’re about to see the exact opposite happen.

Dent warns that we are about to experience an economic crisis far worse than 2008 — the full-blown collapse of the stock market and massive deflation.

And that investors who attempt to hide their money in the “safe haven” of gold, could damage their wealth to an even greater degree.

This scenario was practically preordained — as far back as the mid-1990s when the bubble in stocks began and real estate followed and Baby Boomers were heading for their peak spending years into 2007.

“When you understand this event, including the fundamental reasons driving it, you need not panic. You will see there’s a tremendous upside to what will unfold over this decade and beyond.” Says Dent. “After all, when you’re able to know what’s coming – and position yourself accordingly – the years ahead could be prosperous times.”

What is Dent saying the one investment you need to buy right now to protect yourself, instead of gold is? Click here to watch his new presentation and find out.

http://www.goldismoney2.com/forums/gold-silver-all-things-metal.4/create-thread

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
If the stock market "collapses" $700 gold will still allow me to maintain my current lifestyle for the most part. Right now there's probably 1% of us that are fleeing to gold as a safe haven. When the day comes where the 51% free shyt army starts talking about and purchasing AU as an investment then I'll begin to worry about a metals bubble.

Plus it's hard to take serious an economist who shares the same name as the Batman villain Two Face.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Hahvahd....that's all you need to know.

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
My question for Dent is, what will the central banks do about the crash he's predicting? If the USD soars, so does the value of debt denominated in USD, making the $19T US debt worth even more. They have to reinflate, in any manner. Gold crashed in 2008, but the central banks actions following it also caused gold to soar even higher.

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If the PAPER price of gold goes to $700., will you even be able to find any to buy...

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Not that dent idiot again. He's been peddling $700 gold for years.
I wish he was selling Gold for $700. Hell I would even give him $725.
Just like that fool Teddy Butler. If he bought silver for a fraction of the pie in the sky predictions he spews he would have been broke and gone years ago.

Last edited:

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Isn't that the name of two face from batman ?

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If the PAPER price of gold goes to $700., will you even be able to find any to buy...
I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble finding gold at $700. I remember people saying premiums would be $8 if silver fell below $15. Not even close, premiums were under a buck.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
I cannot imagine the dollar being worth that much then.

Or ever.

R.

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble finding gold at $700. I remember people saying premiums would be $8 if silver fell below $15. Not even close, premiums were under a buck.
I'd be buying a lot of it for sure.

I'd also get a REALLY painful feeling when I think of those buying it when it was close to 1900... Which is already painful.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
Waiting to back up the truck............

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
I remember reading a book by him once. Not to discount his latest prediction but it was all bombastic trumpeting of one thing after another. I don't think I finished it.

He tends to go for headline grabbing stuff. I mean, if you predict something close to what we have now who's going to turn their ear towards you?

That's why the 'holy crap' predictions...attention, notoriety, etc.

And how many times do you see these types claim to have predicted every major financial trend?
Sure you did.