• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Hit the Road, Shemp

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What a stooge.

Shepard Smith leaves Fox News Channel
By DAVID BAUDERan hour ago

1 of 2
FILE - In this Jan. 30, 2017, file photo, Fox News Channel chief news anchor Shepard Smith appears on the set of "Shepard Smith Reporting" in New York. Smith, whose newscast on Fox News Channel seemed increasingly an outlier on a network dominated by supporters of President Trump, says he is leaving the network. He has worked at Fox News Channel since the network started in 1996. In a statement, Smith said he had asked the company to let him leave. He gave no reason for the seemingly sudden decision. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)

NEW YORK (AP) — Shepard Smith, whose newscast on Fox News Channel seemed increasingly an outlier on a network dominated by supporters of President Donald Trump, abruptly quit after signing off his final newscast on Friday.

Smith, who had signed a contract extension last spring, said that he had asked the network to let him out of his deal and it had agreed.

“Even in our currently polarized nation, it’s my hope that the facts will win the day, that the truth will always matter, that journalism and journalists will thrive,” he said.
His departure comes one day after Attorney General William Barr met privately with media mogul Rupert Murdoch, founder of Fox News, although Smith’s representatives cautioned against conflating the two events.

Trump has been increasingly critical of personalities on Fox News that he views as disloyal. On Thursday, the president cited Smith and Fox analysts Andrew Napolitano and Donna Brazile in a tweet that said, “Fox News doesn’t deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be.”

Asked about it later, Trump said, “Is he leaving? Oh, that’s a shame. Is he leaving because he had bad ratings?”

Smith’s show averaged nearly 1.3 million viewers the last three months, the Nielsen company said. That beats CNN and MSNBC. Fox’s prime-time lineup, with more viewers available, generally gets around 3 million viewers.

Neil Cavuto, who anchors the broadcast following Smith’s, looked shocked after his colleague made the announcement.
“Whoa,” Cavuto said. “Like you, I’m a little stunned.”

Smith was one of Fox News Channel’s original hires in 1996, and was a particular favorite of Roger Ailes, the former Fox chairman who was ousted in 2016 following misconduct charges and died the following spring. While he often angered many of Fox’s conservative viewers, Smith’s work was most prominently cited by the network when it received criticism for being too partisan.

On his afternoon newscast, Smith had frequently given tough reports debunking statements made by Trump and his supporters — even the Fox News opinion hosts that rule the network’s prime-time lineup.

Two weeks ago, Smith clashed with Tucker Carlson that started when Napolitano, speaking on Smith’s program, said that it was a crime for Trump to solicit aid for his campaign from a foreign government, in this case Ukraine. Later that night, Carlson asked his own analyst, Joseph diGenova, about that and he called Napolitano a fool.
The next day, Smith said that “attacking our colleague who is here to offer legal assessments, on our air, in our work home, is repugnant.”

In an interview with Time magazine in March 2018, Smith said that “they don’t really have any rules on the opinion side.

“They can say whatever they want,” he said. “Some of our opinion programming is there strictly to be entertaining. I get that. I don’t work there. I wouldn’t work there.”
On a broadcast in July, Smith called out Trump over his “misleading and xenophobic eruption” of criticism aimed at a group of Democratic congresswoman who are minorities, saying the president’s remarks were part of a pattern of distraction and division.

“The news department (at Fox) has just taken a huge hit with the loss of Shep,” said Carl Cameron, a longtime former reporter at Fox. “For journalists like Chris Wallace and Bret Baier, it’s going to get even harder.”

Smith, 55, said he is not retiring, although his agreement with Fox will forbid him from working elsewhere “at least in the near future.”
Fox said that a news broadcast would continue in its 3 p.m. ET hour with rotating substitute anchors.

https://apnews.com/6b9f26f305ba4846b35bd8aa165d9959

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
“For journalists like Chris Wallace and Bret Baier, it’s going to get even harder.”
for journalists?

naww,

for 'ho's, propagandists, liars maybe

but you cannot consider them journalists, they are just stage actors parroting the narrative,
don't kid yourself

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
it's been fun reading on other forums about how Fox News needs to stand up to Trump.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
DD,

to which I would respond, why?

if the libtard left media outlets can parrot nothing but propaganda and lies to their side, and that is allowable, then fox snooze should be able to parrot their nonsense also.

just because it is different doesn't make it wrong,

and if one were keeping score it is 1 vs numerous others, what like 10 others?
and that is without speaking of the net dominance, 1 vs 100 maybe?

not very good odds to start with to hear a alternative view

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What a stooge.

Shepard Smith leaves Fox News Channel
By DAVID BAUDERan hour ago

1 of 2
FILE - In this Jan. 30, 2017, file photo, Fox News Channel chief news anchor Shepard Smith appears on the set of "Shepard Smith Reporting" in New York. Smith, whose newscast on Fox News Channel seemed increasingly an outlier on a network dominated by supporters of President Trump, says he is leaving the network. He has worked at Fox News Channel since the network started in 1996. In a statement, Smith said he had asked the company to let him leave. He gave no reason for the seemingly sudden decision. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)

NEW YORK (AP) — Shepard Smith, whose newscast on Fox News Channel seemed increasingly an outlier on a network dominated by supporters of President Donald Trump, abruptly quit after signing off his final newscast on Friday.

Smith, who had signed a contract extension last spring, said that he had asked the network to let him out of his deal and it had agreed.

“Even in our currently polarized nation, it’s my hope that the facts will win the day, that the truth will always matter, that journalism and journalists will thrive,” he said.
His departure comes one day after Attorney General William Barr met privately with media mogul Rupert Murdoch, founder of Fox News, although Smith’s representatives cautioned against conflating the two events.

Trump has been increasingly critical of personalities on Fox News that he views as disloyal. On Thursday, the president cited Smith and Fox analysts Andrew Napolitano and Donna Brazile in a tweet that said, “Fox News doesn’t deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be.”

Asked about it later, Trump said, “Is he leaving? Oh, that’s a shame. Is he leaving because he had bad ratings?”

Smith’s show averaged nearly 1.3 million viewers the last three months, the Nielsen company said. That beats CNN and MSNBC. Fox’s prime-time lineup, with more viewers available, generally gets around 3 million viewers.

Neil Cavuto, who anchors the broadcast following Smith’s, looked shocked after his colleague made the announcement.
“Whoa,” Cavuto said. “Like you, I’m a little stunned.”

Smith was one of Fox News Channel’s original hires in 1996, and was a particular favorite of Roger Ailes, the former Fox chairman who was ousted in 2016 following misconduct charges and died the following spring. While he often angered many of Fox’s conservative viewers, Smith’s work was most prominently cited by the network when it received criticism for being too partisan.

On his afternoon newscast, Smith had frequently given tough reports debunking statements made by Trump and his supporters — even the Fox News opinion hosts that rule the network’s prime-time lineup.

Two weeks ago, Smith clashed with Tucker Carlson that started when Napolitano, speaking on Smith’s program, said that it was a crime for Trump to solicit aid for his campaign from a foreign government, in this case Ukraine. Later that night, Carlson asked his own analyst, Joseph diGenova, about that and he called Napolitano a fool.
The next day, Smith said that “attacking our colleague who is here to offer legal assessments, on our air, in our work home, is repugnant.”

In an interview with Time magazine in March 2018, Smith said that “they don’t really have any rules on the opinion side.

“They can say whatever they want,” he said. “Some of our opinion programming is there strictly to be entertaining. I get that. I don’t work there. I wouldn’t work there.”
On a broadcast in July, Smith called out Trump over his “misleading and xenophobic eruption” of criticism aimed at a group of Democratic congresswoman who are minorities, saying the president’s remarks were part of a pattern of distraction and division.

“The news department (at Fox) has just taken a huge hit with the loss of Shep,” said Carl Cameron, a longtime former reporter at Fox. “For journalists like Chris Wallace and Bret Baier, it’s going to get even harder.”

Smith, 55, said he is not retiring, although his agreement with Fox will forbid him from working elsewhere “at least in the near future.”
Fox said that a news broadcast would continue in its 3 p.m. ET hour with rotating substitute anchors.

https://apnews.com/6b9f26f305ba4846b35bd8aa165d9959
Are we suppose to lose sleep over this revelation ?
I am in engineear's camp

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I wonder what his buy-out was, and how long he agreed to not compete, the security was carrying his wallet I'll bet.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
There is a report coming out from the IG that implicates the media. He will probably be named.

Awhile ago there was a report that one of the Fox News anchors was a homo. I always thought it was Neil Cavuto. He should resign along with Judge Napolitano.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Shep Smith Resigns From Fox News Effective Immediately….
Posted on October 11, 2019 by sundance

Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith resigns from Fox News effective immediately:
No word yet on his replacement.

Interestingly….

[Yesterday – NYT Link]

(Via New York Times) Attorney General William P. Barr met privately Wednesday evening with Rupert Murdoch, the media mogul who is one of President Trump’s frequent confidants but whose Fox News is viewed by the president as more hostile toward him than it used to be.
The meeting was held at Mr. Murdoch’s home in New York, according to someone familiar with it. It was unclear if anyone else attended or what was discussed. Aides to both Mr. Murdoch and Mr. Barr declined requests for comment on the meeting. (more)​
And today:…

Curious timing.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Are we suppose to lose sleep over this revelation ?
I am in engineear's camp
No shit. If it was this STOOGE the story would actually be newsworthy

1570891752942.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
When is Fox going to fire Paul Ryan, Donna Braille and Judge Nap?

I'd like to see them hire back Megyn Kelly just for the visuals.
1570892342234.png

OK, back to our regular topic!

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Yeah, I think 'trustworthy journalism' as soon as I see that pic.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yeh, Shep, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm betting Chris Wallace is next.
At least I hope so.
Annoying little shit!

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Awhile ago there was a report that one of the Fox News anchors was a homo. I always thought it was Neil Cavuto. He should resign along with Judge Napolitano.
Shemp is open about his "gayness." And he's "married."

Cavuto is a classic Italian family man with a bunch of kids.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Funny thing is I quit watching teevee so long ago I never saw any of these faux mews clown's shows. Any of 'em even the ones people say are good......

Nolte: Good Riddance to Shepard Smith
JOHN NOLTE 12 Oct 2019

Shepard Smith was the worst thing on Fox News not because he was an anti-Trump leftist, but because he lied and lied and lied, claiming he was not.

There are plenty of anti-Trump leftists on Fox News, and that’s a good thing. It is also to the eternal credit of Fox that, unlike its competition on the far left — CNN and MSNBC — Fox actually airs a legitimate diversity of opinions on the issues of the day, most especially President Trump.

That was not Shepard Smith. No, rather than come out of the partisan closet, rather than put on the uniform, rather than step into the arena, like way too many in our perversely corrupt news media, he chose to hide like a coward behind a shield of objective truth, a shield of capital “J” journalism, which made him a dishonorable and thoroughly despicable liar — which is why his ratings were so awful.

Naturally, all of Smith’s confederates, all of his fellow serial liars who also cower behind that shield, are lamenting Smith’s abrupt decision to exit Fox News. Oh, what an honorable man our precious Shep is, what a truth-teller, what a perfect example of true journalism.

Please.

Tell me, what exactly is honorable about pretending to be an unbiased journalist whose only job is to inform the public when you are, in reality, just another far-left talking head spreading conspiracy theories, just another leftist having narcissistic temper tantrums in public about guns and gay marriage, just another propagandist serially misleading your viewers with crazed conspiracy theories as a means to grind your sorry little ax… just another sanctimonious, blow-dried, fake news grifter?

You might not agree with, or even like, Rachel Maddow, Sean Hannity, Lawrence O’Donnell, or Tucker Carlson, but at least they have the personal integrity, professional maturity, and moral courage to say This is my opinion. This is what I believe personally. Come at me, bro. At least they have enough respect for their audience, for themselves, and for their profession not to shiver like a punk inside the armor of an Objective Journalist Just Telling the Objective Truth as a means to avoid challenge and criticism.

What in heaven’s name was so special about Shepard Smith? What made him any different from his fellow moral cowards: Jake Tapper, Chuck Todd, Brian Stelter, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, and on and on and on…? The only thing that made him different is that he was a malevolent (but glib) cancer allowed to grow for way too long inside Fox News, despite his intellectual dishonesty and anemic ratings.

On a human level, I wish Shepard Smith nothing but a happy and fulfilling life.

On a moral, professional, and civic level, I say good riddance to this shallow, pious, self-important, unrepentant liar.

Our national dialogue is much better without him, and may every one of his kind follow the same fate into what I hope will be a long life of the obscurity and notoriety every dishonest disgrace to the profession of journalism deserves.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC. Follow his Facebook Page here.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Goofing on Shemp

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
What in heaven’s name was so special about Shepard Smith? What made him any different from his fellow moral cowards: Jake Tapper, Chuck Todd, Brian Stelter, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, and on and on and on…?
Not a damn thing. Lying a-holes, every single one.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I lasted 55 seconds then i watched a minute more to give it every chance. Sorry brother! That's a bad video!
Yeah, he's not my style either but I posted thinking it may be to another.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Never noticed him before this thread, but I haven't watched regular tv for going on 12 some years now. I watched the above video for about 3 1/2 minutes before the gurge reflex began to came on.

Obvious psychopath.

Obviously gets a big kick outa smiling those lies, those network propagandizations out into the public.

Probably not conscious that they are lies, probably doesn't care, long as he gets attention. I'll bet he's so morally twisted he doesn't recognize the difference.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I lasted 55 seconds then i watched a minute more to give it every chance. Sorry brother! That's a bad video!
You missed out.

That was a very clever video full of Shemp video clips.

I had never seen the guy before watching, since I killed my TV back in 1999.

The stereoscopic part was the lead-in.

You should consider watching again.