• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Honey for wounds

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
No, it proves when its your time to die you don't have much say so. Working in healthcare so many decades I saw unexplainable things. Mostly people who should have been dead carried on for years and even decades. People who should not have died dropped dead very easily. Life and death are strange and God has his own timing.
Speaking of not dying from sepsis... Can you give us an pic update on this?

1659298436437.png VERSUS --> 1659298345142.png VERSUS --> ?

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
No, it proves when its your time to die you don't have much say so. Working in healthcare so many decades I saw unexplainable things. Mostly people who should have been dead carried on for years and even decades. People who should not have died dropped dead very easily. Life and death are strange and God has his own timing.
I know a few people that have lost their lives doing what I have done. No clue as to why them and not me.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, show us yer scar!

We should all get together sometime and tell war stories and show scars.... that would be awesome!

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Nice granulation!

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Nice granulation!
I tend to heal fast and the honey and comfrey have speeded it up. However it looks bad. I cant really see it up close till I take a pic.. Ugh!

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
here we are yesterday.. Its almost closed but still has some fill in to do. Then we will see how much of a scar is left in a couple months

View attachment 269462
1659345700221.png has gone to 1659345735333.png

Don't worry about scars. They are simply a permanent record of times in your life. :don't know::Build:

(*snork*) Himself wuz in a hot tub with my grandlings. They got Grandma's tape measure out and began measuring my scars. Turns out I have a tad over five feet of scars. I've led an interesting life.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Turns out I have a tad over five feet of scars. I've led an interesting life.
Maybe you could make them into a set of trading cards. "Walt's scars", picture on the front, story on the back. Collect the whole set!

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Maybe you could make them into a set of trading cards. "Walt's scars", picture on the front, story on the back. Collect the whole set!
I was thinking give the kids markers & let them connect the dots to form pictures!:2 thumbs up:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
And that doesn't count the scars under the swimming trunks hahaha ;)

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
How was the beach?
The beach was great. Hot and sunny the way I like it but the rip tides were bad this week. We have some beautiful beaches in NC. I did get my leg wet and it seems fine. I did a lot of people watching and actually interacted with some people. I also went over to Beaufort. Its an old historical town. That's where the rich yacht crew hang out. My nephew owns a shop and works on their boats and he has more work than he can handle. According to him they seem blissfully unaware of any economic issues. Restaurants and hotels were full. Most restaurants only stay open five days a week because they can't get staff.

296006945_596994601813252_6537006919799118595_n.jpg297043845_1007690803235479_7259146293725325839_n.jpg

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Found online. Honey is not the honey that you think it is.

Honey, otherwise known as liquid gold, is one of nature’s purest foods. Raw, unpasteurized honey (honey that has not been heated, and still contains all of its beneficial nutrients and enzymes) contains a whopping 22 amino acids, 27 minerals (like calcium, iron, iodine, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and selenium), and vitamins like vitamin A, C, D, E and K, as well as the entire B-complex. The live enzyme content of honey is also one of the highest of all foods. Not to mention, it is highly anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-viral .
Honey has been around for centuries both as a sweetener and healing agent. Back in ancient times, honey was mainly used in religious ceremonies to pay tribute to the gods, as well as to embalm the deceased. Only those who were wealthy could afford to use honey in food.
The ancient philosophers, Aristotle (384-322 BC) and Aristoxenus (320 BC) even touted the benefits of this golden elixir. Aristoxenus claimed that “anyone who eats honey…for his daily breakfast will be free from all diseases throughout his lifetime.
The father of medicine, Hippocrates, also used honey as the foundation for many of his medicinal concoctions. As the healing properties of honey became widely recognized, its production flourished. It was even used on the battlefield in World War I in a medicinal wound cleaner (Dakin’s Solution) invented by the chemist Henry Drysdale Dakin.
However, as honey production soared, so did the ways in which it was manufactured. Today, most honey on the market is so over processed and pasteurized at high temperatures that little, if any, healing properties are left over.
According to the FDA, as well as the food safety divisions of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the European Commission (EU), in order for honey to be considered authentic, it must contain pollen. If honey does’t contain pollen, it isn’t real honey, but fake honey. Without the presence of pollen, the FDA cannot determine whether the honey is from legitimate and/or safe sources.
Food Safety News decided to test over 60 different samples of store bought honey for pollen – and the results were astounding.
Over 76% of grocery store “honey” had NO pollen in it! These were stores like TOP Food, Safeway, Giant Eagle, QFC, Kroger, Metro Market, Harris Teeter, A&P, Stop & Shop and King Soopers.
100% of honey from Walgreens, Rite-Aid, and CVS Pharmacy had no pollen.
77% of honey sampled from stores like Costco, Sam’s Club, Target, and H-E-B had the pollen filtered out.
Commercial honey sold in supermarkets are ultra-filtered, a process that involves heating the honey to high temperatures that kills off any beneficial nutrients and enzymes, adding water to dilute it, and then filtering it using high pressure technology to remove pollen.
This technique is similar to the one used by China and India, who export tonnes of tainted honey, which leaves officials unable to track its origins. According to Food Safety News, 60% of imported honey comes from Asian countries that are traditional laundering points for Chinese honey.
According to Mark Jensen, president of the American Honey Producers Association, any ultra-filtered honey should be avoided. “In my judgement, it is pretty safe to assume that any ultra-filtered honey on store shelves is Chinese honey and it’s even safer to assume that it entered the country un-inspected and in violation of federal law.
In the normal honey-making process, honey is filtered to remove bee parts, waxes and other debris. This filtration process does not disrupt the nutritional value of the honey, however, as almost all of the pollen remains intact (thereby making it much more shelf-stable). This is much different from the high-temperature, high-pressure extraction process whereby all of the pollen is removed.
Below is a list of honey tested by Food Safety News that showed no traces of pollen. This list is not all-inclusive, as not every brand has been tested:
– American Choice Clover Honey – Archer Farms Orange Blossom Honey – Archer Farms Organic Classic Honey – Busy Bee Organic Honey – Busy Bee, Pure Clover Honey – CVS Honey – Fred Meyer Clover Honey – Full Circle Pure Honey – Giant Eagle Clover Honey – GE Clover Honey – Great Value, Clover Honey – Haggen Honey, Natural & Pure – HT Traders Tupelo Honey – Kroger Pure Clover Honey – Market Pantry Pure Honey – Mel-o 100% Pure Honey – Natural Sue Bee Clover Honey – Naturally Preferred Fireweed Honey – Rite Aid Honey – Safeway Clover Honey – Silver Bow Pure Honey – Stop and Shop Clove Honey – Sue Bee Clover Honey – Thrifty Bee Honey – Valutime Honey – Walgreen MEL-O Honey – Western Family Clover Honey – Wegman Clover Honey – Winnie The Pooh, Pure Clover
How To Recognize Cheap, Knock-Off Honey Use this guide to determine if your honey is fake.
– Always read the label; if it contains added glucose or high fructose corn syrup, it is not real honey.
– Taste your honey; if you can taste hints of flower or herbs, you know it’s real honey. Fake honey is just sweet, with a very faint “honey-like” flavour.
– Put a small drop of honey on your thumb. If it spreads it is not pure, since pure honey should stay in one place (by small drop, I mean the size of the head of a q-tip. Obviously liquid honey from the farmers’ market is going to be runny).
– Add a few drops of vinegar into a mixture of water and honey. If it foams up, your honey has been adulterated with plaster!
– If your honey does not “crystallize” with time, it is likely ultra-filtered, since pure honey will crystallize when you keep it in your fridge, or left at room temperature for an extended period of time.
– Add a few drops of iodine to a glass of water and then add some honey. If your honey turns blue, it has been combined with corn starch and is not real honey.
– Place a dab of honey on the end of a matchstick and light it. If it ignites, it is pure.
– Place a spoon of honey in a glass of water. If it dissolves right away, it is fake. Pure honey will not dissolve in water and will sink to the bottom of the glass (without rigorously stirring, of course).
permalink save report block reply
Iwasnevergivenaname 1 point 43 minutes ago +1 / -0
A lot of the cheaper honey is either diluted with less expensive sweeteners mixed with substances that are honey-like in consistency or highly filtered (which allows them to stretch the honey out and give you less of the good stuff in a larger container.
Raw, unfiltered, local, and organic are the types that aren't as altered, with raw being the best bet if you want honey that is the most similar to the stuff that comes straight out of the hives.
So, if you're just buying honey for the taste and don't care if it has some sugar or corn syrup, grab the cheap stuff. If you want something that doesn't have added sugar or corn syrup, you can probably get away with the generic higher prices brands (often labeled pure). If you wants as much benefits as possible, head down to the farmer's market and grab some local honey (wouldn't hurt to ask them if it is raw or unfiltered before buying, raw having the most benefits, unfiltered is up there too though, but it usually is pasteurized or strained, which means it is slightly altered but not so much that it kills most of the good stuff.)
I have no idea how this applies to foreign honey, but I'd stay away from anything from China.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Found online. Honey is not the honey that you think it is.

Honey, otherwise known as liquid gold, is one of nature’s purest foods. Raw, unpasteurized honey (honey that has not been heated, and still contains all of its beneficial nutrients and enzymes) contains a whopping 22 amino acids, 27 minerals (like calcium, iron, iodine, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and selenium), and vitamins like vitamin A, C, D, E and K, as well as the entire B-complex. The live enzyme content of honey is also one of the highest of all foods. Not to mention, it is highly anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-viral .
Honey has been around for centuries both as a sweetener and healing agent. Back in ancient times, honey was mainly used in religious ceremonies to pay tribute to the gods, as well as to embalm the deceased. Only those who were wealthy could afford to use honey in food.
The ancient philosophers, Aristotle (384-322 BC) and Aristoxenus (320 BC) even touted the benefits of this golden elixir. Aristoxenus claimed that “anyone who eats honey…for his daily breakfast will be free from all diseases throughout his lifetime.
The father of medicine, Hippocrates, also used honey as the foundation for many of his medicinal concoctions. As the healing properties of honey became widely recognized, its production flourished. It was even used on the battlefield in World War I in a medicinal wound cleaner (Dakin’s Solution) invented by the chemist Henry Drysdale Dakin.
However, as honey production soared, so did the ways in which it was manufactured. Today, most honey on the market is so over processed and pasteurized at high temperatures that little, if any, healing properties are left over.
According to the FDA, as well as the food safety divisions of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the European Commission (EU), in order for honey to be considered authentic, it must contain pollen. If honey does’t contain pollen, it isn’t real honey, but fake honey. Without the presence of pollen, the FDA cannot determine whether the honey is from legitimate and/or safe sources.
Food Safety News decided to test over 60 different samples of store bought honey for pollen – and the results were astounding.
Over 76% of grocery store “honey” had NO pollen in it! These were stores like TOP Food, Safeway, Giant Eagle, QFC, Kroger, Metro Market, Harris Teeter, A&P, Stop & Shop and King Soopers.
100% of honey from Walgreens, Rite-Aid, and CVS Pharmacy had no pollen.
77% of honey sampled from stores like Costco, Sam’s Club, Target, and H-E-B had the pollen filtered out.
Commercial honey sold in supermarkets are ultra-filtered, a process that involves heating the honey to high temperatures that kills off any beneficial nutrients and enzymes, adding water to dilute it, and then filtering it using high pressure technology to remove pollen.
This technique is similar to the one used by China and India, who export tonnes of tainted honey, which leaves officials unable to track its origins. According to Food Safety News, 60% of imported honey comes from Asian countries that are traditional laundering points for Chinese honey.
According to Mark Jensen, president of the American Honey Producers Association, any ultra-filtered honey should be avoided. “In my judgement, it is pretty safe to assume that any ultra-filtered honey on store shelves is Chinese honey and it’s even safer to assume that it entered the country un-inspected and in violation of federal law.
In the normal honey-making process, honey is filtered to remove bee parts, waxes and other debris. This filtration process does not disrupt the nutritional value of the honey, however, as almost all of the pollen remains intact (thereby making it much more shelf-stable). This is much different from the high-temperature, high-pressure extraction process whereby all of the pollen is removed.
Below is a list of honey tested by Food Safety News that showed no traces of pollen. This list is not all-inclusive, as not every brand has been tested:
– American Choice Clover Honey – Archer Farms Orange Blossom Honey – Archer Farms Organic Classic Honey – Busy Bee Organic Honey – Busy Bee, Pure Clover Honey – CVS Honey – Fred Meyer Clover Honey – Full Circle Pure Honey – Giant Eagle Clover Honey – GE Clover Honey – Great Value, Clover Honey – Haggen Honey, Natural & Pure – HT Traders Tupelo Honey – Kroger Pure Clover Honey – Market Pantry Pure Honey – Mel-o 100% Pure Honey – Natural Sue Bee Clover Honey – Naturally Preferred Fireweed Honey – Rite Aid Honey – Safeway Clover Honey – Silver Bow Pure Honey – Stop and Shop Clove Honey – Sue Bee Clover Honey – Thrifty Bee Honey – Valutime Honey – Walgreen MEL-O Honey – Western Family Clover Honey – Wegman Clover Honey – Winnie The Pooh, Pure Clover
How To Recognize Cheap, Knock-Off Honey Use this guide to determine if your honey is fake.
– Always read the label; if it contains added glucose or high fructose corn syrup, it is not real honey.
– Taste your honey; if you can taste hints of flower or herbs, you know it’s real honey. Fake honey is just sweet, with a very faint “honey-like” flavour.
– Put a small drop of honey on your thumb. If it spreads it is not pure, since pure honey should stay in one place (by small drop, I mean the size of the head of a q-tip. Obviously liquid honey from the farmers’ market is going to be runny).
– Add a few drops of vinegar into a mixture of water and honey. If it foams up, your honey has been adulterated with plaster!
– If your honey does not “crystallize” with time, it is likely ultra-filtered, since pure honey will crystallize when you keep it in your fridge, or left at room temperature for an extended period of time.
– Add a few drops of iodine to a glass of water and then add some honey. If your honey turns blue, it has been combined with corn starch and is not real honey.
– Place a dab of honey on the end of a matchstick and light it. If it ignites, it is pure.
– Place a spoon of honey in a glass of water. If it dissolves right away, it is fake. Pure honey will not dissolve in water and will sink to the bottom of the glass (without rigorously stirring, of course).
permalink save report block reply
Iwasnevergivenaname 1 point 43 minutes ago +1 / -0
A lot of the cheaper honey is either diluted with less expensive sweeteners mixed with substances that are honey-like in consistency or highly filtered (which allows them to stretch the honey out and give you less of the good stuff in a larger container.
Raw, unfiltered, local, and organic are the types that aren't as altered, with raw being the best bet if you want honey that is the most similar to the stuff that comes straight out of the hives.
So, if you're just buying honey for the taste and don't care if it has some sugar or corn syrup, grab the cheap stuff. If you want something that doesn't have added sugar or corn syrup, you can probably get away with the generic higher prices brands (often labeled pure). If you wants as much benefits as possible, head down to the farmer's market and grab some local honey (wouldn't hurt to ask them if it is raw or unfiltered before buying, raw having the most benefits, unfiltered is up there too though, but it usually is pasteurized or strained, which means it is slightly altered but not so much that it kills most of the good stuff.)
I have no idea how this applies to foreign honey, but I'd stay away from anything from China.
jeez, everything is lies these days. Buy from local farmers.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
That's what we do. We get raw honey at the farmer's markets. To me, it always looks darker than store bought honey.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I think that applies to most all of our food.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Hey, Av how about an updated pic of the gash? Inquiring minds.... and all that.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I've heard that local honey is better for healing local people.
Makes sense in a local environment.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I've heard that local honey is better for healing local people.
People with allergies say LOCAL HONEY lessens their alergies.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, Avalon... How's yer boo-boo look now?

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Did you all see the video of the bear in Turkey who ate "mad honey" last week?

Hallucinogenic from rhododendron pollen...

Tipsy, tripping over herself, driven in the back seat of a car to the veterinarian... to sleep it off in the drunk tank....