• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How does covid affect your life expectancy?

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
I did this calculation a while back. It's worth sharing:

1. So far in the US ~170,000 people have died of covid. Let's say we're only half way through and 340,000 will die this year.

2. The average age of those dying is about 80, and nearly all of them have at least one comorbidity. The life expectancy for men aged 80 years is about 7 years, and for women it's 9 years. However - using this calculator - adding in high blood pressure drops this to about 4 years. To be safe let's assume that the life expectancy of people dying of covid - had they not died of covid - would have been 5 years.

3. So the total number of days lost to covid will be 340,000 * 365 *5 = 620,500,000 days.

4. Shared between 336,000,000 people that equates to an average reduction in life expectancy of 1.8 days each.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
It doesn't! It's a hoax...100% hoax. People die all the time from flu's and infection. Covid class virus infections have been with us since the dawn of time. A 99.975% recovery rate for this particular strain says one thing and one thing only to me....HOAX! Remove the deaths of the old timers 5 state governors caused by cramming them all together into nursing homes 'for their own protection' and the number goes up substantially.

brosil

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm optomistic! Based on the numbers out of New York, Covid cures both cancer and heart disease.

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
It doesn't! It's a hoax...100% hoax. People die all the time from flu's and infection. Covid class virus infections have been with us since the dawn of time. A 99.975% recovery rate for this particular strain says one thing and one thing only to me....HOAX! Remove the deaths of the old timers 5 state governors caused by cramming them all together into nursing homes 'for their own protection' and the number goes up substantially.
I agree that that remains a possibility. I'm not convinced that it's definitely the case though - we don't have access to good enough statistics to know for certain.

UPDATE: In light of the discussion below I need to clarify this remark. I was responding to the assertion that the virus is a 100% hoax - which I interpreted to mean that there is no virus at all. I absolutely agree that there is a vast amount of propaganda and misinformation and that the virus is at least mostly a hoax.

Last edited:

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Covid effects life expectancy by the reaction of government - shutting down business, locking down people, creating mass unemployment, creating a depression, creating and exacerbating mental illness, drug use, alcoholism, divorce, family violence, poverty, homelessness, etc.

For every 1% increase in unemployment, 40,000 people die prematurely from the above causes?

Last edited:

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
The only thing covid killed is 80% of our rights and freedoms.

And the figures I've heard were that the overall life expectancy age in the US is 78, and the average age of those whom they state die of covid is 78. Makes it easy to lie, doesn't it...

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
The only thing covid killed is 80% of our rights and freedoms.

And the figures I've heard were that the overall life expectancy age in the US is 78, and the average age of those whom they state die of covid is 78. Makes it easy to lie, doesn't it...
100% of our freedoms, we are now only allowed certain actions under certain conditions.

offourse2

Seeker
Seeker
No effect whatsoever. I expect to live until I die, no matter what takes me out. Also as for my freedoms this covid hysteria has not changed my life very much. I have continued to travel, I refuse to wear a mask and have so far not been refused service. Other than businesses closing or shortening hours it really has more irritating watching the sheep than anything else.

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I agree that that remains a possibility. I'm not convinced that it's definitely the case though - we don't have access to good enough statistics to know for certain.
OOOOOOOhhhh Bullschiff ! you have a billionaire computer crook & a controlled doctor telling us what is wrong. Re-read the above by Shootist !! . This is the LEAST deadly virus in 50 years !! This is an experiment in sheeple conrtol.
The useless masks do more harm than good, the vaccines will do more harm than good & the helicopter $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is doing more harm than good.:band player 3::totally steamed:

AND I am 78 years old & not one bit afraid of this fucking hoaxof a virus !!! :finished 2::finished 2::finished 2:

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
No effect whatsoever. I expect to live until I die, no matter what takes me out. Also as for my freedoms this covid hysteria has not changed my life very much. I have continued to travel, I refuse to wear a mask and have so far not been refused service. Other than businesses closing or shortening hours it really has more irritating watching the sheep than anything else.
My 80 year old mother lives abroad. I haven't been able to travel see her this year. I don't know when I will be able to do so again.

I part-own an apartment building which we may lose as ~20% of the tenants are refusing to pay rent because they know we can't evict them right now.

I have actually been refused service for not wearing a mask - although only a couple of times. And I'd much rather not run a gauntlet of hostile glances every time I want to go to the store.

My son had an opportunity in Europe for his dream job. Gone.

My local tennis courts were closed - I may not be good at tennis, but I enjoy it - not this year.

My daughter was supposed to be coaching the neighborhood swim team this summer - it's kind of a rite of passage round here. Now she will never have that memory.

Small examples I suppose. But definite infringements.

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
OOOOOOOhhhh Bullschiff ! you have a billionaire computer crook & a controlled doctor telling us what is wrong. Re-read the above by Shootist !! . This is the LEAST deadly virus in 50 years !! This is an experiment in sheeple conrtol.
The useless masks do more harm than good, the vaccines will do more harm than good & the helicopter $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is doing more harm than good.:band player 3::totally steamed:

AND I am 78 years old & not one bit afraid of this fucking hoaxof a virus !!! :finished 2::finished 2::finished 2:
As I said I agree this is possible, and I'm not afraid of the virus either.

However I believe it is also possible that there is some sort of disease circulating which is killing some people. I agree that it's not especially dangerous, and it's not killing very many people. But I don't see how you can know 100% for sure that there is no virus at all.

That's all.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
As I said I agree this is possible, and I'm not afraid of the virus either.

However I believe it is also possible that there is some sort of disease circulating which is killing some people. I agree that it's not especially dangerous, and it's not killing very many people. But I don't see how you can know 100% for sure that there is no virus at all.

That's all.
But I don't see how you can know 100% for sure that there is no virus at all.

I never said that !
You seem to have a problem understanding what people say !

What I said was FAR from that !
I said:
This is the LEAST deadly virus in 50 years !! This is an experiment in sheeple conrtol.

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
But I don't see how you can know 100% for sure that there is no virus at all.

I never said that !
You seem to have a problem understanding what people say !

What I said was FAR from that !
I said:
This is the LEAST deadly virus in 50 years !! This is an experiment in sheeple conrtol.
The conversation went as follows:

Me: First post redux: This virus is so mild it only reduces average life expectancy by 1.8 days.

The shootist: "It doesn't. It's a hoax...100% hoax." (emphasis mine)

Me: "I agree that that remains a possibility. I'm not convinced that it's definitely the case though - we don't have access to good enough statistics to know for certain."

You: "OOOOOOOhhhh Bullschiff ! you have a billionaire computer crook & a controlled doctor telling us what is wrong. Re-read the above by Shootist !!" (emphasis mine)

I see how you may not have meant what I thought you meant, but I can also (still) see how I arrived at my understanding :-).

In any event - sounds like we are actually in pretty much complete agreement. So that's a good thing.

Last edited: