• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

How many weeks of food is this?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
No kidding!? You do that like regularly? Do you get really nauseous at about three days?
Not so much anymore, no need. Twice a year in the past. 3-5 days is the hard part, that is when you are running out of stored glucose and are transitioning to 100% keytones. I dont' get nauseous, I used to get lethargic but now I don't even notice it. Nauseous could be your body not responding to low blood sugar well (i.e. your system isn't changing to keytones easily), there are a bunch of systems/hormones that need to fire up and if you haven't done it for a long while... well it's like exercise, you need to get these systems moving again. That is a matter of practice. The other possibles are nutrition, you may need B complex, salts etc I needed B5 for the lethargy. Another possible is bacterial die off in your gut, you maybe starving out something and the toxic residue from their death is poisoning you. I have had issues with candida in this regard. Three days in is a bit early for that but you may have massive overgrowth. Doing parasite cleanses first might help that. Hard to say really, you kind of end up experimenting on yourself.

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I would like to see my abs for just once in my life. 30 days might do it. I'll go ahead and cook for Sam. Wonder how it will work.
You will lean out significantly BUT once body fat gets too low it gets tough to sustain so you might not quite get there. However it is a big kick start.

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I would like to see my abs for just once in my life. 30 days might do it. I'll go ahead and cook for Sam. Wonder how it will work.
You can budget on losing about 1kg a day for the first five days or so. That is water and waste and that will come back when you eat again. After that you will lose something like 450g a day. So work out your target weight using BMI (yes it is close enough) and aim for a few kilos below that (up to 5) and that will give you the approximate fast length required. After you have done it you will have the info to refine those metrics to suit you. That works for me and numbers like that are common.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
is that a water only fast?..........

cheers
No, I cheat a little, I'm a coffee addict and I like it white. So for me its coffee & water, but water would be the better choice. Black coffee is fine and there are a few other things that probably OK. Technically people will tell you white coffee breaks the fast BUT I get the same result as they do so??!

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The reason you lose water is that a body running on glucose needs a lot more water than one running on keytones. The amount of water you put back into your system after fasting will depend on your diet. aka: Keto Diet will not add as much water weight as a higher carb option.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The easiest path is go low carb for a month, keto for a month, then introduce intermittent fasting on keto, then do a full water fast.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The best thing about having to prep my food is that I don't really like eating. It's kinda meh, something you have to do. What I do eat tends to be complete crap but I just use supplements for the good stuff. Never really worried about weight and it's never really changed more than 15 lbs in my life. Lucky I guess.

Also I could not find that Keystone brand at the local Wal Mart. Looked around the Spam area and had some Hormel products and other not very good looking options.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The best thing about having to prep my food is that I don't really like eating.
Fasting renews the joy of eating, I get bored and tend to get lazy with food BUT if I fast the motivation to make good food returns. Going nuts with Asian curries at the moment... currently I only eat 4 days a week.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
When you peeps are fasting, how is being hungry dealt with?
I would start by doing intermittent fasting. 16 hours is optimal. It's easy of you eat a hearty meal at night and skip breakfast and dinner.

For me dealing with the hunger depends on the diet I've had before fasting. You'll have to play around with that part. Drinking carbonated water is a great way to feel filled.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What is the story on the mail and delivery thing, how do you clean incoming boxes, etc?
For regular mail, what about mounting a uv light inside your mailbox, and leave the mail in the box overnight to allow it time to disinfect it?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
For regular mail, what about mounting a uv light inside your mailbox, and leave the mail in the box overnight to allow it time to disinfect it?
Shoot that's marketable! Ozonated mailboxes.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Also I could not find that Keystone brand at the local Wal Mart. Looked around the Spam area and had some Hormel products and other not very good looking options.
That’s crazy. My WM not only stocks the Keystone brand, which is great stuff, they also stock another brand called Bridgestone*, or something like that. Also great quality, but a smigeon more expensive. I don’t notice a difference in quality, so I buy the Keystone stuff. A lot of it. Some to store, some to use.

*Or Bridgeford or Bridgeport. I’ll do some reconnaissance. Not that it matters, in your case, but maybe you could find it online, if you would want to.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
*Or Bridgeford or Bridgeport. I’ll do some reconnaissance. Not that it matters, in your case, but maybe you could find it online, if you would want to.
I've heard of BRIDGEFORD. Jus' Sayin'

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Spritz with colloidal silver.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
That’s crazy. My WM not only stocks the Keystone brand, which is great stuff, they also stock another brand called Bridgestone*, or something like that. Also great quality, but a smigeon more expensive. I don’t notice a difference in quality, so I buy the Keystone stuff. A lot of it. Some to store, some to use.

My wife suggested ship to store. Of course the price was too high for her. She said we could buy a quarter cow and can that. Uh huh, sure.

This is a lower price area, heck we have a giant hog processing plant, with plenty of good normally available meat. So perhaps they wouldn't sell enough to stock.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I've heard of BRIDGEFORD. Jus' Sayin'
Just came back home from Walton World. The stuff is called Brinkman’s. Ha! Chicken is the only one they have in stock, right now.
Keystone must sell better. Same quality, better price.
4009753B-ED4C-44A9-BA4C-D002E8D4CDCC.jpeg

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
My wife suggested ship to store. Of course the price was too high for her. She said we could buy a quarter cow and can that. Uh huh, sure.

This is a lower price area, heck we have a giant hog processing plant, with plenty of good normally available meat. So perhaps they wouldn't sell enough to stock.
Wouldn’t be able to top the quality, if you canned your own, but at about $4 a pound, from Keystone, that is cheap, by my standards.

Slowly, but incrementally stop up on high nutrition freeze dried foods that will last much longer and give you the energy you need, in the time of need. Any food is better than nothing, but you cant expect to function in a high stress environment and protect you and your loved ones, while eating garbage.