• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

I am seeing more mainstream media articles/reports on the shaky economy

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
and commentary on the potential for a large correction in the near future...when the mainstream media begins to comment, a crash may be close.

This would fit my suspicion that Trump was put into office by TPTB to be the fall guy for the Fed's bubble and $20T debt.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
and commentary on the potential for a large correction in the near future...when the mainstream media begins to comment, a crash may be close.

This would fit my suspicion that Trump was put into office by TPTB to be the fall guy for the Fed's bubble and $20T debt.
A terrifying thought really. My retirement portfolio of foreign shares lost nearly half its value in the 2008 crash and never did fully recover. (Of course I've been taking distributions during the past seven years. That didn't help either.) If the account were again to lose half its value in The Great Crash of 2017, that wouldn't be pretty. So what's a guy to do? Stocks clearly aren't safe at bubble heights. Do you see bonds and real estate being safe havens during a large correction? Is there even any way to diversify out of the impending calamity?

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I noticed the uptick in doom and gloom prognostications by The Who's Who of Wall Street mouthpieces. I think the elites are trying to crash the market in order to force Trump into being a one term president. In the process they can unravel and offload some of their Ponzi schemes. Will it work? I don't know but so far you have to give Trump credit for out maneuvering the elites even when they pin him into a corner.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I gave this thread a 5 star rating thanks to riding on a train and accidently hitting the rating button.

Of course there will be a crash. Ponzi scheme come and go. Have some powder on hand to scoop up the losses.

Last edited:

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If the news has this one right it would be the first time in recent memory. I'm with oldgaranddad. They're just wishfully trying to kick the support out from under Trump. Yes, the stock market is running on fumes for sure but the correlation between the markets and the economy is overrated.

But watch the libs really howl if their 401Ks take a hit. We all know who they'll blame.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hopefully the deregulation (temporary, I'm sure) will create an economic uptick that will temporarily delay any crash.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A terrifying thought really. My retirement portfolio of foreign shares lost nearly half its value in the 2008 crash and never did fully recover. (Of course I've been taking distributions during the past seven years. That didn't help either.) If the account were again to lose half its value in The Great Crash of 2017, that wouldn't be pretty. So what's a guy to do? Stocks clearly aren't safe at bubble heights. Do you see bonds and real estate being safe havens during a large correction? Is there even any way to diversify out of the impending calamity?
I have no skin in the game nor experience. What do you think you should do? I've heard the worst time to make a move is when u are anxious.

bb28

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I think if they did it would have to be a controlled crash of something and there would need to be some narrative on how it was Trump's fault. If they let everything go, they would risk the entire thing spiraling out of control which could or would like lead to a loss of their control. The elites seem rather content with how things are progressing, despite Trump being in office.

bb

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
should be awhile, the stock market hasnt even entered the bubble phase yet

Last edited:

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I have no skin in the game nor experience. What do you think you should do? I've heard the worst time to make a move is when u are anxious.
I'm inclined to just hang on for the ride. If I face hard times, I'll draw the horns in a little -- less bar money, fewer restaurant dinners, etc. I'm sure I can spend a couple hundred dollars a month less than I am right now and suffer nothing but a little boredom. But I honestly don't have answers. It does seem that all investment asset classes suffer at the same time during a big recession/depression. Not going to leave this world alive :)

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
So what's a guy to do? Stocks clearly aren't safe at bubble heights. Do you see bonds and real estate being safe havens during a large correction? Is there even any way to diversify out of the impending calamity?
Bitcoin? Next large, multi-market correction I have a sneaky feeling it's gonna go way up.