• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

I am so tempted to buy a graded double eagle

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I love double eagles. I'd stick to the ungraded ones. APMEX has some excellent deals on DE's in what they rate from cleaned to VF condition from time to time

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Ya, I bought it. I will be testing it with my PM Metalytics tester, which can analyze through the slab. I will try to remember to video and post. I noticed people are still buying at this price even after the $100 buck deal expired.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
According to a LCS Owner I have dealt with UNLESS the Grading is MS 66 or higher the grading doesn't matter since most of those coins were seldom handled anyway.
He claims he only gets interested at MS 69 - MS70 with offering any premium.

Personally, I agree with ...Shootist on this. Do Not get suckered with marketing/ grading if the Pros do not.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Heritage Auctions realized prices does not show that. A 62 vs a 64 averages a $300 difference for the common Gaudens. Your LCS is correct in the fact that in many other series, the 2 grades would have a larger percent increase in value, but it's certainly not null. It matters. A graded 64 at this close to spot is certainly a buy, IMO.

According to a LCS Owner I have dealt with UNLESS the Grading is MS 66 or higher the grading doesn't matter since most of those coins were seldom handled anyway.
He claims he only gets interested at MS 69 - MS70 with offering any premium.

Personally, I agree with ...Shootist on this. Do Not get suckered with marketing/ grading if the Pros do not.