• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Inserting Your Pictures into a Thread

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
First we need the image on your computer somewhere; I just usually put them on the desktop. We will just start as if you are just writing the post —
Some people may not know how to get the pic onto the computer in the first place. They just see something posted elsewhere that they'd like to use, and just c&p a link. Sometimes that works, but oftentimes it doesn't.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
aww, this is all fine and dandy but my phone takes gif piks and I have to photochop them some what then save them ass a jpeg and then use that one. freaking phones. All I know is a gif can be expanded into detail or so it seems so and a jpeg just blurs. Some day we will get there but just not today. But yes uploading a fiel...feil...fial...shit...fiael....dammit...file means you do not need a urinal address.

Now I have to go and expand all the tini-tiney writing so I can read it.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
aww, this is all fine and dandy but my phone takes gif piks
A gif can be uploaded same as a jpeg

Here's an example I uploaded using the "upload a file" button.
...and I always thought a gif was for short clips, not zooming in. Although I suppose it could show progressively zoomed in pics.
957.jpg.gif

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So sometimes you just want to dump the image right from the net into your post. OK, there’s an easy way to do that also. First get to that image; if it’s in the middle of a story you need to jerk it out — sometimes it’s not possible, though. On the page where the image is located, right click on the image and choose Open link in a new tab.

If it opens, just the image, without the text of the story, it’s good to put in the post, if it just opens the same page again, find a new image. If you try to insert this image anyway you will be sorry.

On the page with just the image, copy the link from the address bar of your browser. Then you can insert this link into your post to display the image. Place your cursor at the point in your post where you want to insert the image. Then click on the image icon.

buncha useless images --------------------------------------------

I hardly ever insert a link to show an image because you depend on the validity of that link for your image to continue to display. That would be when we get the IMG.JPG notice. I would rather right click on the image, select Save picture as... and download it to my desktop where I can embed it in the post as in my previous post instructions. When the image is on my desktop I can also resize it, or tart it up a bit as I am wont to do.:D:D

Any feedback here? Or should I just shut up and sit down?:p

BF

Last edited:

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I've given presentations where there were about this many people in the audience...

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
whoa whoa whoa! Hang on...

This thread is USELESS without an addendum for the dizzy pothead pics!

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I upload my images to postimage.org, no sign-in needed and it provides a forum type link [and many other type links for other uses].
You can resize when uploading or keep original size.
I click on the link to put it in the clipboard, and then use the picture icon, above, to insert the link.
Works every time.

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Well, since the big renovation changed all these images I posted I don't think any of this will be of any use to the newbies.

So, I'm gonna delete it all, instead of replacing it. It's too much work for an old man to do in one month.

BF

Last edited: