• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Interesting timing: We propose arming teachers and all of a sudden this happens

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Georgia teacher arrested after firing gunshot alone in school classroom

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-teacher-custody-reports-gunfire-school-174848680.html

(Reuters) - An armed high school teacher in Georgia barricaded himself alone inside his classroom, then fired a gunshot when the principal tried to force open the door, but no one was seriously injured, police said after the instructor was arrested.

The shooting, which unfolded as schools around the country remained on edge from gun violence earlier this month that claimed 17 lives in the neighboring state of Florida, unfolded around lunchtime at Dalton High School, about 90 miles (145 km) north of Atlanta, the Georgia capital.

Responding to reports of gunfire at the school, officers from the Dalton Police Department found the teacher in question holed up inside a classroom. He was taken into custody without incident about 30 to 45 minutes later, police spokesman Bruce Frazier told reporters later.

The suspect was later identified as Jesse Randall Davidson, 53, a social studies teacher at the school who police said also serves as the play-by-play announcer for the Dalton High School football team.

The incident began when a group of students tried to enter the classroom, "and the teacher was not letting anybody inside," Frazier said.

When the principal arrived and tried opening the door with a key, a single gunshot was heard from inside the room, prompting a security lockdown of the school as police were notified and the school's resource officer was summoned, Frazier said.

Arriving police evacuated teachers and students from the hallway as they confronted the instructor.

Frazier said he had no immediate explanation for what may have precipitated the incident, and he declined to say whether he believed it stemmed from a suicide attempt, but added: "This teacher apparently did not want to involve students in this incident in any way."

The incident came two weeks after a shooting rampage at a high school in Parkland, Florida, left 17 dead and led to calls from U.S. President Donald Trump for arming teachers as a way to protect students.

Only one minor injury was reported on Wednesday - a girl who hurt her ankle while fleeing in the pandemonium, Frazier said.

The police spokesman said it was not immediately clear whether any students had previously been in a classroom with the teacher while he was armed. The weapon involved was a handgun, he said.

Students at the high school, which has an enrollment of about 2,000 pupils, were all being taken to a nearby convention center in Dalton, authorities said.

"It is really serious after so many things have happened all over the country," student Ricardo Perez told television station WTVC-TV in a telephone interview after the incident. "I'm shocked, I can't believe it. I thought it was a dream."

(Reporting by Jonathan Allen, Joseph Ax, Gina Cherelus and Peter Szekely in New York; Suzannah Gonzales in Chicago and Keith Coffman in Denver; writing by Steve Gorman; editing by G Crosse and Jonathan Oatis)

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
It might get the kids to straighten up if they think the math teacher is packing a Glock 19. Or the teacher could get pushed over the top and solve a lot of social problems by firing on the troublemakers. It's a slippery slope with no real right or wrong answer.

The problem is lots of schools are no longer education centers, but are now indoctrination centers.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I like the idea of armed teachers, but it opens schools up to HUGE liability when some soy boi accidentally fires his gun and kills a child, or some student begins beating up the teacher who then pulls their Glock and shoots the student DEAD. THAT is going to happen before a teacher takes down an active shooter IMHO.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Armed School Resource Deputy didn't work out. He stood outside with three other deputies while a shooter was laying carnage to 17 people.

Armed teacher holes himself up in a classroom and shoots off gun. So much for arming teachers...

Whats next? Arm the JROTC (Junior Reserve Officers Training Corp) students at high schools that have them? Teach these future military members marksmanship
and arm them?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
"Social Studies" teacher... is that a leftist instructor??

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Yeah, they think we're fucking idiots! Well, 47% of Americans ARE fucking idiots. It's the other 53% they had better be careful of!

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Georgia teacher arrested after firing gunshot alone in school classroom

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-teacher-custody-reports-gunfire-school-174848680.html

(Reuters) - An armed high school teacher in Georgia barricaded himself alone inside his classroom, then fired a gunshot when the principal tried to force open the door, but no one was seriously injured, police said after the instructor was arrested.

The shooting, which unfolded as schools around the country remained on edge from gun violence earlier this month that claimed 17 lives in the neighboring state of Florida, unfolded around lunchtime at Dalton High School, about 90 miles (145 km) north of Atlanta, the Georgia capital.

Responding to reports of gunfire at the school, officers from the Dalton Police Department found the teacher in question holed up inside a classroom. He was taken into custody without incident about 30 to 45 minutes later, police spokesman Bruce Frazier told reporters later.

The suspect was later identified as Jesse Randall Davidson, 53, a social studies teacher at the school who police said also serves as the play-by-play announcer for the Dalton High School football team.

The incident began when a group of students tried to enter the classroom, "and the teacher was not letting anybody inside," Frazier said.

When the principal arrived and tried opening the door with a key, a single gunshot was heard from inside the room, prompting a security lockdown of the school as police were notified and the school's resource officer was summoned, Frazier said.

Arriving police evacuated teachers and students from the hallway as they confronted the instructor.

Frazier said he had no immediate explanation for what may have precipitated the incident, and he declined to say whether he believed it stemmed from a suicide attempt, but added: "This teacher apparently did not want to involve students in this incident in any way."

The incident came two weeks after a shooting rampage at a high school in Parkland, Florida, left 17 dead and led to calls from U.S. President Donald Trump for arming teachers as a way to protect students.

Only one minor injury was reported on Wednesday - a girl who hurt her ankle while fleeing in the pandemonium, Frazier said.

The police spokesman said it was not immediately clear whether any students had previously been in a classroom with the teacher while he was armed. The weapon involved was a handgun, he said.

Students at the high school, which has an enrollment of about 2,000 pupils, were all being taken to a nearby convention center in Dalton, authorities said.

"It is really serious after so many things have happened all over the country," student Ricardo Perez told television station WTVC-TV in a telephone interview after the incident. "I'm shocked, I can't believe it. I thought it was a dream."

(Reporting by Jonathan Allen, Joseph Ax, Gina Cherelus and Peter Szekely in New York; Suzannah Gonzales in Chicago and Keith Coffman in Denver; writing by Steve Gorman; editing by G Crosse and Jonathan Oatis)
It would probably surprise some folks but there are some teachers with mental problems of their own. The criteria for carrying a firearm in schools shouldn't be "I'm a teacher", etc.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We're got armed teachers and staff and it isn't an issue - nobody knows who is armed.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Bottom line is, "people" are imperfect by nature and as such, will sometimes make bad decisions. Doesn't matter how up-standing they may appear or how educated they may be, or how "official" they may be, or not.
Only difference between those with bad intent and those without, is the frequency of the bad decisions made.

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
IMG_4284.jpg

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I'm shocked and dismayed that you're actually buying this bullshit! Of course, I'm thinking you were being sarcastic
I am being sarcastic! Everywhere you hear, the answer is to arm teachers. Just that this teacher shooting a firearm in a school, was hilarious. There are teachers (and janitors, etc.)
in schools that could be armed.

In the meantime, we have pro-abortion Democrats telling us we need gun control, "to save the children".

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I am being sarcastic! Everywhere you hear, the answer is to arm teachers. Just that this teacher shooting a firearm in a school, was hilarious. There are teachers (and janitors, etc.)
in schools that could be armed.

In the meantime, we have pro-abortion Democrats telling us we need gun control, "to save the children".
Those aren't children...those are "clusters of cells".

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
17 dead kids? I know........just think of it as 17 very late term abortions. All of the communists can feel better now!

I think it's time that all children under 18 wear helmets while a passenger or operating any wheeled vehicle or device. Full face, minimum current Snell rating.