• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Iodine info

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I started reading about iodine when I was diagnosed with a thyroid tumor 5 years ago. Its a complex subject. When I researched iodine for my thyroid I found it had many other uses. Everything ranging from infection to breast cancer. Like many other minerals and vitamins many people are deficient in iodine. Its hard to test for and if you ask a regular Doctor they will not be receptive. For anyone wanting to venture into the subject Dr Brownstein is the source I would trust. It looks like he has been heavily censored recently though. Before jumping into iodine there are things you need to be aware of. Large doses can slow your thyroid. One thing I was very impressed with in reading his books was the connection between iodine and breast cancer. Here is a basic link on iodine uses. I know we have others who use iodine. Any input would be appreciated since so much info has simply disappeared.

Dr Berg on basic iodine understanding

Dr Brownstein's basic book on iodine

CiscoKid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
My wife has me putting one drop of Lugol's 2% iodine in my Neti pot solution. This is a bad time of year for me as I have allergies and must mow a lot this time of year. I can honestly say that my sinuses have never been better, but I can't say for sure if it is the iodine or not. She also has me taking NAC this year, which seems to be helping a lot.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I put one drop of Nascent Iodine ( colloidal) in my daily drinking water. One Drop equals 246mcg and is 164%DV of recommended iodine intake.
A one ounce bottle lasts me almost the full year doing 1 drop daily. Some tmes I even put a drop in my soda pop or lemonade, Sunkist Powder Orange, Green Tea, or strawberry/kiwi packet drinks.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dr. Abraham also has published a lot of info on the subject, I don't know if it is still available tho.

Of course TPTB have found it necessary to make iodine a list 1 chemical and made it very hard to get in more than 2oz quantities. If you own a business of some kind, you can get an account with a chemical supplier and buy the stronger 5 - 10% lugol's in half liter bottles.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My wife has me putting one drop of Lugol's 2% iodine in my Neti pot solution. This is a bad time of year for me as I have allergies and must mow a lot this time of year. I can honestly say that my sinuses have never been better, but I can't say for sure if it is the iodine or not. She also has me taking NAC this year, which seems to be helping a lot.
Stop taking it and see if anything changes?

I used iodine to purify drinking water when camping out in the wilderness. It's small and compact in a tiny bottle and it works!

$5/oz at walgreens

Walmart has Equate First Aid Iodine Antiseptic Liquid, 8 fl oz $6.42

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Huh???????
Avalon, Anything with the Prefix Gold , or Silver or the suffix ...stein hoarder looks for a way to make it a J** problem.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I noticed my metabolism slowed waaaaay down year or so ago. I was taking large douses of zinc daily to combat possible woo flu. Research says that could slow thyroid. So I started taking kelp and copper pills daily too and back on track.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
3 drops in water 3x daily for one month.

Will flush fluoride out of your thyroid and bromide out of your brain.

1653449211792.png

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I started reading about iodine when I was diagnosed with a thyroid tumor 5 years ago. Its a complex subject. When I researched iodine for my thyroid I found it had many other uses. Everything ranging from infection to breast cancer. Like many other minerals and vitamins many people are deficient in iodine. Its hard to test for and if you ask a regular Doctor they will not be receptive. For anyone wanting to venture into the subject Dr Brownstein is the source I would trust. It looks like he has been heavily censored recently though. Before jumping into iodine there are things you need to be aware of. Large doses can slow your thyroid. One thing I was very impressed with in reading his books was the connection between iodine and breast cancer. Here is a basic link on iodine uses. I know we have others who use iodine. Any input would be appreciated since so much info has simply disappeared.

Dr Berg on basic iodine understanding

Dr Brownstein's basic book on iodine

I LIKE DR. BERG ! :2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::finished::finished::finished:

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I noticed my metabolism slowed waaaaay down year or so ago. I was taking large douses of zinc daily to combat possible woo flu. Research says that could slow thyroid. So I started taking kelp and copper pills daily too and back on track.
another thing that can slow your thyroid is too much quercetin. I take it daily but only one capsule.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I LIKE DR. BERG ! :2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::finished::finished::finished:
His videos are really good and he breaks things down.
I used to post on a thyroid forum and they had tons of info on iodine. Im going to go post there and see if they have it in the archives safely hidden. I am serious the info has been PURGED from the internet or at least I can't find it. It had dosages of iodine for everything from flu to urinary track infection.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys don't give infowars.com some love with their supplements.

At least Alex Jones is 16-1.
Im not an Alex hater. I forgot he sells the iodine.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys don't give infowars.com some love with their supplements.

At least Alex Jones is 16-1.

Ya, I bought some of his X-2, took for a while, still have some in fridge, should get more religious about taking it again.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
we use iodine on all our cuts and scrapes

my mon used methiolate and Mercurochrome on us kids
haha, and remember we wanted the mercurochrome because it stung less and smelled better.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It helps with radiation protection.

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I put ground dehydrated kelp on every meal.
From Iceland me thinks, and have for decades.
Mostly for micronutrients boost, as I feed my garden OG liquid kelp fertilizer too.
Be certain to get Atlantic rather than Fukushima Pacific kelp for eating or garden.
Fuku was another incentive for ingesting, as it reduces rad intake.

Have tried scooping the dried seaweed from shoreline and composting it a couple of times.
Some swear by it and Native American here utilized it.
To much work for such a tiny mass.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I put ground dehydrated kelp on every meal.
From Iceland me thinks, and have for decades.
Mostly for micronutrients boost, as I feed my garden OG liquid kelp fertilizer too.
Be certain to get Atlantic rather than Fukushima Pacific kelp for eating or garden.
Fuku was another incentive for ingesting, as it reduces rad intake.

Have tried scooping the dried seaweed from shoreline and composting it a couple of times.
Some swear by it and Native American here utilized it.
To much work for such a tiny mass.
Brownstein talks about the low rate of breast cancer in Japan. Most likely do to the fact that they eat Sushi and seaweed and get as lot of iodine.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
another thing that can slow your thyroid is too much quercetin. I take it daily but only one capsule.
I get my quercetin from dark chocolate. 1.5 ounces per day (roughly half a bar). 70%+. Helps the body metabolize cortisol.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I get my quercetin from dark chocolate. 1.5 ounces per day (roughly half a bar). 70%+. Helps the body metabolize cortisol.
Now I am jealous. If I ate 1.5 ounces of dark (fave) chocolate per day, I would gain a pound every ten days. Chocolate loves me. Every ounce stays.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Now I am jealous. If I ate 1.5 ounces of dark (fave) chocolate per day, I would gain a pound every ten days. Chocolate loves me. Every ounce stays.
yeah, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be a fun sucker. :rotf:

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
yeah, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be a fun sucker. :rotf:
I have lost 55 pounds in the last 12 months. It is a trade off. If you want chocolate calories you must reduce other calories.

Viome.com
Lifesum
I target 1500 calories per day and run 2x per week for 40 min. Viome identified cacao as very important for my diet. Lucky me!

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
70%+ dark chocolate is not going to make you gain weight. Very little sugar and fat. Especially just an ounce or two. If it does you have other issues going on.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
70%+ dark chocolate is not going to make you gain weight. Very little sugar and fat. Especially just an ounce or two. If it does you have other issues going on.
Strange thing I've discovered is that the higher the cacao content, the higher the calories. About 160 for 1.5 ounces of 70%, 180 for 88%, and 200 for 100%.