• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

IT IS WASP SEASON - BEWARE

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Ohhhh Fuck o'dear, I got hit by the SWARM !!! Lucky I am not allergic to their venom.

Mrs. T asked me to go to the pump house & clean the water filter. Her veggie water was dark brown. So I went out & opened the door, without realizing that huge fucking wasps nest was in there. Before you could say "wholly shit" they were on me like a rat on a Cheeto, or a hobo on a hotdog !
As you see, I went back & got a spray can of wasp killer, the 25 foot spray kind. I have sprayed it twice & I will spray it TWICE MORE !!!!!!

WASP 1 - Copy.JPG
WASP 2.JPG

WASPS 4.JPG

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
You must have those 'migrant' wasps. The wasps around my place are good people. Happily tearing caterpillars to shreds on my berry bushes. I've even shared a jam sandwich with one, to the shock of my co-workers.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Depends on the wasp and the mood that day. You gotta remember that some of theses nasties don't have a "venom" sting like a honey bee as defense.

Some of those wasp stings are a digestive enzyme and can be a nasty wound. Leave a stump nasty if not treated properly

Also, bees have their way of getting in things. Like an enemy barracks.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
For what it's worth, if you ever get stung by a wasp again, put lavender oil on it as quickly as possible. It'll take the burn and sting right out of it. Or at least it does for me. Apply liberally. Works well on scorpion stings too. Just gotta get it on there quick.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
For what it's worth, if you ever get stung by a wasp again, put lavender oil on it as quickly as possible. It'll take the burn and sting right out of it. Or at least it does for me. Apply liberally. Works well on scorpion stings too. Just gotta get it on there quick.
Lavender also keeps scorpions away. They don't like the smell. You can even use lavender scented dryer sheets.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Adolph's Meat tenderizer apparently does the trick...

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Mrs. T. put Mentholatum on the bites, it worked too.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Best time to spray them is late in the evening, about dark, most, if not all will be bunched together at or near the old bee hive. Only guard bees usually hang out at night to protect the hive. Then just watch daily for a while for signs of new activity, as in, building a new hive.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Lavender? Hm. Never knew that.

Problem: Ain't got no lavender.

Solution: Most all of us from South Floriduh know the simplest, fastest, cheapest, and most readily available remedy: Meat Tenderizer.

Works for stings from just about everything... including jellyfish.

To go sciencey on y'all, the sooper sekrit ingredient is something called the papain enyzme. You can make a paste and smear it on, or you can dissolve the MT in water and put the stung (by wasp/bee/scorpion/jellyfucker) portion of your anatomy in the water.

Simple, effective. Pass it on to your kids.

SNORK... I just made myself giggle, thinking of some poor sod running up and down the fargin beach asking if anybody had lavender he could borrow. Not very common. But I betcha my betcha against your betcha and I betcha my betcha wins, I betcha... that on about every Floriduh beach, you could call for meat tenderizer, and any mommy on the beach with little 'uns would hold up a jar:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Lavender? Hm. Never knew that.

Problem: Ain't got no lavender.

Solution: Most all of us from South Floriduh know the simplest, fastest, cheapest, and most readily available remedy: Meat Tenderizer.

Works for stings from just about everything... including jellyfish.

To go sciencey on y'all, the sooper sekrit ingredient is something called the papain enyzme. You can make a paste and smear it on, or you can dissolve the MT in water and put the stung (by wasp/bee/scorpion/jellyfucker) portion of your anatomy in the water.

Simple, effective. Pass it on to your kids.

SNORK... I just made myself giggle, thinking of some poor sod running up and down the fargin beach asking if anybody had lavender he could borrow. Not very common. But I betcha my betcha against your betcha and I betcha my betcha wins, I betcha... that on about every Floriduh beach, you could call for meat tenderizer, and any mommy on the beach with little 'uns would hold up a jar:
I don't know if lavender oil would work on jellyfish stings. No experience with that. I've only used it on wasp and scorpion stings. Was amazed at how quickly it worked.
It's cheap and readily available and there's no "paste making" or having to run a tub of water after having been stung. Ie: it's already liquid and can be applied directly from the bottle. It's just something good to have in the house.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
How does that work? I mean how do you use it?

JP: Like I said:

"To go sciencey on y'all, the sooper sekrit ingredient is something called the papain enyzme. You can make a paste and smear it on, or you can dissolve the MT in water and put the stung (by wasp/bee/scorpion/jellyfucker) portion of your anatomy in the water.

Simple, effective. Pass it on to your kids. "

It is cheap, and it is the BEST remedy for stings. Easy to carry anywhere, even on a beach. You do not really have to make a paste (although that works best and doesn't really take that fargin long to prepare). You can dump some MT in some water, dump in a snot rag, cotton ball, whatever, and lay said booger vault on the sting. Shoreline folks all know this one. You sorta grow up with it.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I had one similar to that, yellow jackets though for me, about 10' up under the eaves, sprayed it at midnight one night and the dead were littered all over the ground the next morning. Now the little buggers have started a new under the eaves a few feet higher, where I can't get a direct killer spray on it. Tricky buggers.

Last edited:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Looks like a hornet nest to me.

I’ve been hit by a jellyfish, and can tell you first hand that it sucks. The initial sting hurts, the itch while healing lasts a couple of months. I was stung by a moon fish. Can’t imagine how bad a manowar would have sucked.

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Mrs. T. put Mentholatum on the bites, it worked too.
Consider spraying with 90% isopropyl alcohol, works equally, costs less, and is not toxic.
The canned insecticide spray near your water source... read the ingredients.
Off the shelf does not mean an item is safe for human contact or consumption, intended or accidental.
Not preaching, just giving a shit... oh and again, costs less = more metal.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Back in the early eighties in Texas, gasoline was the go-to insecticide. Pour a little on a fire ant mound, the fumes go down and kill the whole colony. Wasps and yellowjackets, why pour a little in a cup and slosh it on. Works wonders. Gas was cheap back then.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
All the replies are great, thanks guys. Hoarder, the gasoline idea might be great in some places, BUT this is an OLD WOOD SHED :bomb 1::blew up::shit happens::blew up:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
get a lot of run ins with all kinds of "wasps" here .....worst was putting limbs on a fire at night with a backhoe ...cab was open..."bang" something got me in the corner of the eye....guess i had stired up a ground wasp (yellow jacket) nest and it had filled the backhoe cab with wasps while i was feeding the fire couldnt run had to pull the backhoe away from fire......then ran...LOL ....best natural cure for ground wasps is skunks since they dig n eat them.....but hard to decide which is worse :)

like someone said that looks like the start of a hornets nest ...but could be a collapsed wasp nest ....look at the dead critters on the ground to see what you had

Last edited:

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I kind of thought it looked like a baldy nest But you'd know if you were hit by a bald face hornet as the f'ers pack a wallop. I like watching the baldys hunt them yellow jackets.

Oh and in the woods we wait till it is getting light and gas them boogers. I have know guys on cats drop the blade and push. destroy or open the nest up and the bees are more interested in saving the larva.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Gasoline is your friend..
Yeah , if you throw a gallon of gas on that shed yer in trouble..
It just takes a little , a tablespoon or 2 would knock that little wasp nest right out...
If you wanna be brave and have fun , put the gas in a 1 or 2 gallon spray can....
How do I know this?..
By living in Oklahoma for 13 years..
Every species if wasps , spiders , snakes , ticks , and chiggers come from south Tulsa.....

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
We call them Meat Bee's and Ground Hornets here on the west coast. Just the vernacular, din't mean they actually made honey when I shortened it up.
Yeah, those bald faced hornets you mentioned are sure mean. Grandfather always called the bald-assed hornets, I never knew that wasn't their real name until later in life.

Oh, I do keep honey bees, but watch out for any other bees that might try to build a nest where I might not want them to be. Some times even honey bees can be kinda mean. I had one hive, not sure what was going on with it, those bees were beyond belief really mean. Not sure but when they finally died out, I checked the hive over real good and I'm thinking something had happened to their queen, as I saw no sign that there had been any brood in there for a while. Sometimes it doesn't pay to take bees for granted that they're alright, need to keep a close eye on them.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
get a lot of run ins with all kinds of "wasps" here .....worst was putting limbs on a fire at night with a backhoe ...cab was open..."bang" something got me in the corner of the eye....guess i had stired up a ground wasp (yellow jacket) nest and it had filled the backhoe cab with wasps while i was feeding the fire couldnt run had to pull the backhoe away from fire......then ran...LOL ....best natural cure for ground wasps is skunks since they dig n eat them.....but hard to decide which is worse :)

like someone said that looks like the start of a hornets nest
...but could be a collapsed wasp nest ....look at the dead critters on the ground to see what you had

like someone said that looks like the start of a hornets nest
, 2 neighbors returned my text about this & they both said it is a HORNETS nest.
One neighbor had a huge on & saved it from last year & has it in the living room. LOL
So I got to thinking about it & we have 3 different bugs, hornet, wasp & mud daubers, with 3 different nests. We have them all here.

hornet nest.jpg
mud dauber nest.jpg
wasp nest.jpg

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
When in the ground the yellow jackets cover their nest with paper. They like the ground it seems because of the constant temperature. Them dam baldys just put their nests in the craziest of places. I have never seen a baldy nest in the ground though but I have seen yellow jackets above ground.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Also found a good link on IDing what type of bee you're dealing with.
http://baskan.idai.co/types-of-wasps/
Funny, I got the bold type notice, But when I c+p to here, the pictures came too. :don't    know2:
It downloaded too many pic's to show, I eliminated 100's, down to these few.
Thanks for the link.
Types Of Wasps

This image has been removed at the request of its copyright owner

how to differentiate among bees hornets yellow jackets and wasps .

are those hornets wasps bees or yellow jackets critter control .

wasps the pest that eats pests animal pictures and facts .

all seasons termite pest control wasps .

useful guide to differentiate between wasps bees hornets coolguides .

types of wasps google search insects pinterest wasp .

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
......just 3....lol.....in addition to that we have red wasps (agressive) .....some kind of small black wasp (not agreesive)....yellow jackets (very agressive) worst thing is riding a horse over a yellow jacket nest 1st guy is ok 2nd n 3rd get it......and at least 2-3 more varieties that doesnt come to mind right now......plus the bee varieties.....never had a mud dapper sting me till last year when i accidently reached around a blind corner and grabbed one, stung me in the knuckle, around here this time of year wasps can be in anything gotta watch everything....they do like electricity for some reason

15 yrs ago had hornets build a nest on a 3 story high eave sidewall of a house that was the size of a 55gal drum cut in half

i do like the long spray cans now ....but as has been said over n over 1/2 cup of gas late evening early morning when its cool will do the job

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The pic didn't link right. it's the bottom one of post 33. Right friendly little girls to me. They really like it when I'm welding for some reason.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
We also have meat wasps, that magically appear from nowhere, when there is meat around. They are bastards !!