• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Japan Hit By Massive Quake and Tsunami

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Earthquake Strikes Northern Japan; Highest Tsunami Alert Issued

"A 7.9-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of northern Japan, shaking buildings violently as far away as Tokyo. The highest tsunami warning was issued for the country’s northeast coast.

The quake struck at 2:46 p.m. local time off the coast of Sendai north of Tokyo, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. A wave of as high as 6 meters is expected to hit the coast of Miyagi prefecture, the agency said.

The quake registered 7 on the Japanese seismic scale, the highest level, in some areas north of Tokyo.

Smoke can be seen rising from a building in central Tokyo.

--Editors: Aaron Sheldrick, John Viljoen"

The Quake was upgraded to an 8.9.

Tsunami continues to roll across Japan.

Tsunami warnings and watches issued around the Pacific Rim.

ShirleyUGeste

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Quake upgraded to a 8.9... the fourth largest quake in the past 60 years they are saying. I'm trying to monitor it online and on two tv stations; my God the devastation is unimaginable. Hawaii is now on tsunami alert; they say the wave will hit about 3:00 am. No doubt the west coast will be on alert soon.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Here's a tsunami warning/watch map:

zvihc.jpg

The quake was at 3pm Japan time.

I'm too tired to do the math for estimated times of arrival.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
From Yahoo:

32 killed in major tsunami after 8.9 Japan quake

By MALCOLM FOSTER, Associated Press – 39 mins ago
TOKYO – TOKYO (AP) — A powerful tsunami spawned by the largest earthquake in Japan's recorded history slammed the eastern coast Friday, sweeping away boats, cars, homes and people as widespread fires burned out of control. Tsunami warnings blanketed the entire Pacific, as far away as South America, Canada, Alaska and the entire U.S. West Coast.
Authorities said at least 32 people were killed. The magnitude 8.9 offshore quake was followed by at least 19 aftershocks, most of them of more than magnitude 6.0. Dozens of cities and villages along a 1,300-mile (2,100-kilometer) stretch of coastline were shaken by violent tremors that reached as far away as Tokyo, hundreds of miles (kilometers) from the epicenter.
A utility company in northeastern Japan reported a fire in a turbine building of nuclear power plant.
"The earthquake has caused major damage in broad areas in northern Japan," Prime Minister Naoto Kan said at a news conference.
Even for a country used to earthquakes, this one was of horrific proportions. It unleashed a 23-foot (7-meter) tsunami that swept boats, cars, buildings and tons of debris miles inland.
Large fishing boats and other sea vessels rode high waves into the cities, slamming against overpasses. Upturned and partially submerged vehicles were seen bobbing in the water.
Waves of muddy waters swept over farmland near the city of Sendai, carrying buildings, some on fire, inland as cars attempted to drive away. Sendai airport, north of Tokyo, was inundated with cars, trucks, buses and thick mud deposited over its runways. Fires spread through a section of the city, public broadcaster NHK reported.
The tsunami roared over embankments, washing anything in its path inland before reversing directions and carrying the cars, homes and other debris out to sea. Flames shot from some of the houses, probably because of burst gas pipes.
"Our initial assessment indicates that there has already been enormous damage," Chief government spokesman Yukio Edano said. "We will make maximum relief effort based on that assessment."
Click image to see photos of quake, tsunami damage

REUTERS/KYODO
He said the Defense Ministry was sending troops to the quake-hit region. A utility aircraft and several helicopters were on the way.
A large fire erupted at the Cosmo oil refinery in Ichihara city in Chiba prefecture near Tokyo and was burning out of control with 100-foot (30 meter) -high flames whipping into the sky.
In northeastern Japan's Miyagi prefecture, a fire broke out in a turbine building of a nuclear power plant. Smoke was observed coming out of the building, which is separate from the plant's reactor, and the cause is under investigation, said Tohoku Electric Power Co. the company said.
There have been no reports of radioactive leaks or injuries, the company said. Several nuclear plants elsewhere along the coast were also partially shut down, with no reports of leakage.
Also from Miyagi prefecture, NHK showed footage of a large ship being swept away and ramming directly into a breakwater in Kesennuma city.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the 2:46 p.m. quake was a magnitude 8.9, the biggest earthquake to hit Japan since officials began keeping records in the late 1800s.
A tsunami warning was extended to a number of Pacific, Southeast Asian and Latin American nations, including Japan, Russia, Indonesia, New Zealand and Chile. In the Philippines, authorities said they expect a 3-foot (1-meter) high tsunami.
The quake struck at a depth of six miles (10 kilometers), about 80 miles (125 kilometers) off the eastern coast, the agency said. The area is 240 miles (380 kilometers) northeast of Tokyo.
In downtown Tokyo, large buildings shook violently and workers poured into the street for safety. TV footage showed a large building on fire and bellowing smoke in the Odaiba district of Tokyo. The tremor bent the upper tip of the iconic Tokyo Tower, a 333-meter (1,093-foot) steel structure inspired by the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
In central Tokyo, trains were stopped and passengers walked along the tracks to platforms. NHK said more than 4 million buildings were without power in Tokyo and its suburbs.
Large numbers of people waited at Tokyo's Shinjuku station, the world's busiest train station, for service to resume so they could go home. TV announcers urged workers not to leave their offices to prevent injuries in case of more strong aftershocks.
Osamu Akiya, 46, was working in Tokyo at his office in a trading company when the quake hit.
It sent bookshelves and computers crashing to the floor, and cracks appeared in the walls.
"I've been through many earthquakes, but I've never felt anything like this," he said. "I don't know if we'll be able to get home tonight."
Footage on NHK from their Sendai office showed employees stumbling around and books and papers crashing from desks. It also showed a glass shelter at a bus stop in Tokyo completely smashed by the quake and a weeping woman nearby being comforted by another woman.
Several quakes had hit the same region in recent days, including a 7.3 magnitude one on Wednesday.
Hiroshi Sato, a disaster management official in northern Iwate prefecture, said officials were having trouble getting an overall picture of the carnage.
"We don't even know the extent of damage. Roads were badly damaged and cut off as tsunami washed away debris, cars and many other things," he said.
Tokyo's main airport was closed. A large section of the ceiling at the 1-year-old airport at Ibaraki, about 50 miles (80 kilometers) northeast of Tokyo, fell to the floor with a powerful crash.
Dozens of fires were reported in northern prefectures of Fukushima, Sendai, Iwate and Ibaraki. Collapsed homes and landslides were also reported in Miyagi.
Japan's worst previous quake was in 1923 in Kanto, an 8.3-magnitude temblor that killed 143,000 people, according to USGS. A 7.2-magnitude quake in Kobe city in 1996 killed 6,400 people.
Japan lies on the "Ring of Fire" — an arc of earthquake and volcanic zones stretching around the Pacific where about 90 percent of the world's quakes occur, including the one that triggered the Dec. 26, 2004, Indian Ocean tsunami that killed an estimated 230,000 people in 12 nations. A magnitude-8.8 temblor that shook central Chile last February also generated a tsunami and killed 524 people.
___
Associated Press writers Jay Alabaster, Mari Yamaguchi, Tomoko A. Hosaka and Yuri Kageyama contributed to this report.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

Cornelius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The tsuanmi waves are expected to arrive in Oregon at 7:15am pst. CORRECTION 8:08am pst in San Francisco. Just a couple of hours from the time i posted this message.

Last edited:

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Reaction score

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
QWAK,IF (?) the Edgar Casy predictions are right over the next fiew months (years) they will have to rase the RICTOR SCALE to 12!!! :ahhhhh:

There was a list of places to watch given over several readings and they focused on Europe/Italy mostly, with Volcanic action on a GRAND SCALE for Mt.Etna and other Volcanoes in the reagon!

THIS is the real reason to be PREPING but for most it is going to be -- A DAY LATE and a DOLLAR short! :alberteinstein: :vollkommenauf: :musicus:

the DUCK :shine::2:

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
WOW.This is bad for Japan.I was in Tokyo when Kobe hit the fan.Odd thing was that Yakuza responded faster and more effectively with relief supplies than the Goverment! Better get my boat out of the harbor here
{Puget Sound} They just reported that waves here will be only about 2'. Lucky. 300 years ago this area got hammerd by a quake this size and the resulting tsunami hit Japan about where this quake happend

Last edited:

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Having seen many earthquakes firsthand in Los Angeles over the past 60 years
I wondered how the high rises would hold up. I understand some fell there in the capital of Japan.

Although it is probably more for the faith and values section I wanted people of all beliefs to know that all this was predicted 2000 years ago to come like birth pangs, meaning quicker and quicker. KILLER quakes around the world. There has been more bad earthquakes then ever over the last 50 years - quicker and quicker.

After telling his followers that Jerusalem would be destroyed in their generation (it was stone by stone 40 years later) HE, the Lord Jesus, also mentioned:

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mark 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

All these also have many cross references if you have a good study BIBLE.

To go full circle, I always wondered how many high rises will fall as these earthquakes start to really get BIG past this latest 8.9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale

Which is UNBELIEVABLE but I expected the huge rise.

jogslvr

Gold Miser
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Given all the recent catastrophic geological events and scuttlebutt from FEMA, the National Guard, UGS and others credible scientific entities, I may have to try on my tinfoil hat as I believe we are moving closer and closer to a significant magnetic event to rival that of 1859. Some physicists say that another event comparable to that of 1859 would set us back 100 years and have catastrophic consequences with regard to food, energy, transportation, communication, etc.. Credible scientists are talking about conditions that could quickly lead to anarchy, an every man for himself, scenario. More later in proper thread.

Canadian-guerilla

hunter-gatherer
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
did the Japanese piss off the Haarp masters ?

Mined Games 2

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
The damage on the forward edge of the wave will be minimal, compared to what occurred in Japan. When a quake occurs underwater, it is the result of two plates colliding. The result is that one section of the sea floor is compressed upwards, while another section is pressed downwards. The side that presses down has the potential to cause the most powerful waves, because water must displace the section of sea floor that moved down. This creates a trough in the water above, and the tsunami is given an extra shot of momentum as this trough is filled. It seems apparent that Japan was on the receiving end of the downward thrust, thereby incurring the most severe damage.

javierruizleon

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

Book

Banned
Reaction score
k.jpg

:bear_noexpression:

jogslvr

Gold Miser
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
That is exactly the kind of thing that sickens me about Wall Street - Blood Money enthusiasts. And the death toll hasn't even begun to register yet. From the videos I've been watching, I would guess there are thousands of souls lost.

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Yep,I heard that on the CTV news from BNN's Michael Kane.It was the currency traders going to the yen and usd becuase the "risk is on"

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Quixote2

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Nuclear reactor incident in progress

After the March 11, 2011, earthquake, NHK Broadcasting reported that all six reactors shut down automatically, but that electrical problems prevented all cooling pumps for reactor #1 from functioning. Because cooling pumps are needed to reduce residual reactor heat, a nuclear emergency was declared. Under Japanese law, a nuclear emergency must be declared if there is a release of radiation, if there is a dangerous level of water in the reactor, or if the cooling mechanisms fail. However, there is no evidence of any radiation being released.[1] It was the first time a nuclear emergency had been declared in Japan. The emergency cooling systems also were activated for reactor #2. Batteries, which last about eight hours, are being used to power the reactor cooling during the electrical outage, and the government can use military helicopters to fly in replacement batteries.[2]

An evacuation order has been issued to people living within 3 kilometers of the plant, affecting approximately 5800 residents living near the power plant. People living less than 10 kilometers from the power plant have been advised to stay indoors.[3]

Nuclear experts say that as of 17h GMT if the situation is not resolved in the next few hours it will become serious.[4] Officials said there had been no radiation leak from the facility and that problems with its cooling system were not critical. David Lochbaum, who worked at three American reactor complexes that use General Electric technology and now works for the Union of Concerned Scientists, said the plant was probably equipped to function for some hours without emergency diesel generators.[5] The United States Air Force delivered coolant to the plant sites to assist in preventing dangerous pressure levels. The water level inside the reactor has dropped; however, the rods were not exposed.[6].

Past midnight local time, it was reported that The Tokyo Electric Power Company was considering venting out superhot gas from the reactor vessel into the atmosphere, which could result in the release of radioactives.[7] Saturday, the Tokyo Electric Company reported that radiation levels were rising in the turbine building for reactor 1, and that pressure had "soared" inside the containment building.[8]

[edit]References

^ Weisenthal, Joe (11 March 2011). "Japan Declares Nuclear Emergency, As Cooling System Fails At Power Plant". Business Insider. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
^ Tsuyoshi Inajima and Yuji Okada (11 March 2011). "Japan Orders Evacuation From Near Nuclear Plant After Quake". Bloomberg. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
^ Bloomberg. Tsuyoshi Inajima and Yuji Okada. Japan Orders Evacuation From Near Nuclear Plant After Quake. March, 11, 2011, 14:11:59 GMT.
^ BBC News. Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake. March 11, 2011
^ Wald, Matthew L., (March 11, 2011). "Emergency Declared at Japanese Nuclear Plant". The New York Times. Retrieved Retrieved 2011-03-11.
^ Reuters. Japan scrambles to avert radiation crisis at nuclear plant. March 11, 2011.
^ "asahi.com(朝日新聞社):福島原発炉内蒸気、外に逃す作業検討 放射能漏れの恐れ - 社会".
^ "Radiation level rising in Fukushima Nuclear Plant turbine building." Nikkei.com. 12 March 2011(Japan time). Retrieved18:30 GMT March 11, 2011.

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Reaction score
ya tourists gotta learn not to upset the goddess palie ! leave them volcanic pieces lay.. not souvenirs ya bad omen. Kilauea git you.

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
"Nuclear reactor incident in progress" ....yea and all of us westcoasters of USA are now downwinders of any fall out

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
For fun I took my normal 15 mile bicycle run today on the So. California Coast. It was a madhouse. The sheeple (and me TOO) were out wanting to see something exciting.
The US Coast Guard was flying above to protect the coast in a helicopter big enough to save a drowning elephant; police everywhere with the lifeguards too.

I counted 200 surfers as I put the pedal to the metal. It was low tide - usually it's high tide. I wanted to see a little then hear a lot. And there was NOTHING only a
huge BACKWARDS wave of say six to ten feet which slammed into the dual Oceanside entrance to the Marina and Marine Corps. Camp Pendleton. Around 8:40 A.M. PST

However there has been an increase in earthquakes even San Diego locally where we are not supposed to have them. In L.A. I used to see the streets ripple and make like a ten foot wave as a kid.
But that was more then 50 years ago.

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Reaction score
magnetization vs molten iron core.. case # 5551212 people of earth vs da cosmos

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mark 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

All these also have many cross references if you have a good study BIBLE.

The only appicable set of verses I could find thus far regarding birth pangs, is also associated with the End Times:

The burden of the desert of the sea. As whirlwinds in the south pass through; so it cometh from the desert, from a terrible land.
A grievous vision is declared unto me; the treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth. Go up, O Elam: besiege, O Media; all the sighing thereof have I made to cease.
Therefore are my loins filled with pain: pangs have taken hold upon me, as the pangs of a woman that travaileth: I was bowed down at the hearing of it; I was dismayed at the seeing of it.
My heart panted, fearfulness affrighted me: the night of my pleasure hath he turned into fear unto me.

Prepare the table, watch in the watchtower, eat, drink: arise, ye princes, and anoint the shield.
For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Go, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth.
And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels; and he hearkened diligently with much heed:
And he cried, A lion: My lord, I stand continually upon the watchtower in the daytime, and I am set in my ward whole nights:
And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.

Isaiah 21:1-9

The frequency of the pangs (contractions) increases until the child is born.

Watch and pray!

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
My somewhat elderly mother-in-law was headed home to Tokyo on a train from Kanagawa prefecture when the earthquake hit. All train services stopped. Several strangers about the same age formed a group and have been waiting through the night until the public transport starts up again, which should be starting up now. We haven't been able to reach her, but heard word through an aunt. Kills me to not be able to do something. Wife and I are moving there soon.

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
No. Japan actually lines on a fault line and is prone to earthquakes.

Of course you do know, if they were going to use HAARP to set off an earthquake they would use it on a fault under stress. Just saying.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
:bear_shocked:The radiation coming off the nuke plant in Fukushima is emitting is now 1,000 times normal radiation...not sure what the baseline is.

Gcubed

Banned
Reaction score
Blue Fin tuna prices are going to dump big time. Want Sashimi?

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Mother-in-law made it home safely after spending a night stranded on the streets near Yokohama.

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Mother-in-law made it home safely after spending a night stranded on the streets near Yokohama.

Around Machida by chance?Off Odikyu Line? Glad she is safe.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What was the time difference in Japan between the quake and the tsunami?

Last edited:

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Around Machida by chance?Off Odikyu Line? Glad she is safe.

She was in Namamugi, not on Odakyu, I forget the name of the line. We are really glad, too.