• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Jim Willie: Reset Has Begun, Chinese Seeking $10,000 Gold Price

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
If I had a dollar every time this guy said gold would go over $10,000 I'd have a LBMA good delivery gold bar already.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
At this point, I’ll be thrilled if gold hit $2,000 in the next 3 years, and silver $30. Higher numbers are probably unrealistic.
Not "unrealistic" just relative to what other prices will be like when it happens. My WAG

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Truth is we had our run-up in the metals years ago (2003 -2011), it was a great run and hopefully most got a piece of it. My mistake was thinking it could happen again after the big smackdown - should have moved on to other investments and forgot about the metals for a long time.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The money will continue to be inflated, therefore gold will continue to rise, Simple.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The money will continue to be inflated, therefore gold will continue to rise, Simple.
I wish it were that simple, but it isn't. Gold isn't an inflation hedge, total misnomer...

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
We’ve been saying that for years, sadly, gold has been very solidly stuck in the 1200-1400 range for an uncomfortable amount of time. I’m a patient man but I truly and deeply hope it does something more, I’m already looking into putting more money into dividend paying stocks.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I have posted this on several threads before.

Anything the Chinese claim needs to be held suspect. Whether it is an aim to push gold to over $10K an ounce or actually how much gold China does have. While many believe Fort Knox is filled with osmium core gold bars how much do you want to bet a good portion of China's gold holdings are going out the back door? Time and time again we have seen reports of faked figures from all levels of Chinese government, either willfully or through fraud. I'd be willing to bet an ounce of gold that China has no clue how much physical gold it actually has. It might think it knows but I bet no Chinese official will put his life on the line to guarantee it. For all we know China could half of what it thinks is has. Where do you think all these Chinese expatriates have all this stupid money for investments in the West for apartments and houses they use once a year if they are lucky?

Trump knows this. He also knows they are stuck with out debt. The Chinese will take a big hit converting their U.S. debt holdings to anything else, if they can without screwing themselves. Trump knows that in business the customer is always right. If the Chinese want to engage in a trade war they will kill their economy and every third world nation will feast on the remains of their economy supplying the US with what the Chinese offered. There will always be a line of sellers to replace you. This is why China invested so heavily in Africa. They know it is just a matter of time before Africa becomes the new cheap labor market with the needed raw materials readily available to boot. Problem for China is that Africa has a bad history of nationalization. It will only be a matter of time before the Chinese wear out their welcome in Africa and those nations take over their assets and throw out the Chinese front companies. If China tries to take their assets back by force they will also dissuade customers from buying and create themselves a PR nightmare pushing their customers further out of reach.

This is why Trump has been threatening tarrifs publicly, backing off, turning the screws down to pressure the Chinese and then letting up. He rinses and then repeats. Each step a bit more. Each time more and more erodes from the Chinese markets.

Don't believe me? Look at the number of new shipping containers that are being registered. One of the few reliable economic numbers available. Most shipping containers are made in China to export Chinese goods. Each has a unique serial number. The number of containers is decreasing (along with registrations) and inventories of new, unused containers is climbing.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
We’ve been saying that for years, sadly, gold has been very solidly stuck in the 1200-1400 range for an uncomfortable amount of time. I’m a patient man but I truly and deeply hope it does something more, I’m already looking into putting more money into dividend paying stocks.
At this point, I think thats a good plan. Don't sell your PM's, just buy other stuff.

Hystckndle

GETWHAT'SYOURS
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
He lost me after a few years of subscribing.
Would print out him and Sinclar and Armstrong and so much other and go to TGI Fridays and read with wings and a few cold ones.

" the bankers and big boys are quaking in their shoes "

Ummmm.....nahhh...MY " deep " contacts say they have a stiffy every time they show up for work and read their balance sheets as traders of NOTHING.
Fleecing the people ....don t think they are " hascared "...
Yup....those were the days.
Regards to all.