• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

KelTec -- For Those Who'd Drink Their Own Urine

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Ummm....no

keltec.jpg

SC

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Seen some of these shorties going for over 2k at the gun shows, other than the short platform I dont see any need for them. Certainly not for the price they want

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I have a Kel-Tec SUB2ooo in 9mm. Ugly as sin, Bought it used and abused. Kel-Tec mailed me the replacement parts for free - No charge for the parts or the postage. Can't say enough about their customer service. I use the rifle as my truck gun. More accurate than you'd expect. It eats any 9mm that everything else burps or vomits with no hesitation. Cleaning is easy as folding it in half. That firearm owes me absolutely nothing.

If this thing is a fraction of what my SUB2000 is then I'd say it is a good one to get.

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I've got the Kel-Tec KSG 12 gauge - I've got it loaded with mini shot shells (1-3/4"), slugs in one tube and buck shot in the other. Mine {only} hold 22 shells, others say theirs will take 24 - (+1) if you want.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Nice , if it were a semi auto I would get one
I've got the Kel-Tec KSG 12 gauge - I've got it loaded with mini shot shells (1-3/4"), slugs in one tube and buck shot in the other. Mine {only} hold 22 shells, others say theirs will take 24 - (+1) if you want.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
What? No comment on the sales pitch? LOL

SC

Last edited:

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Nice , if it were a semi auto I would get one
I want a semi- auto in 12 g. also. The Bullpup KSG is compact and good for a truck gun or home defense - and the racking sound will deter most perps.

I had a couple of people jump my fence and in the back part of my property where my workshop was - my dog started howling and I jump out of bed (in my underwear) and grabbed the 12 gauge, when I racked it - all I heard were 2 people scrambling over the fence in a big hurry.

Another time, a gal friend was living on a ranch and when she walked into her bedroom, she saw 2 feet sticking out from under her bed - it was a wetback ranch hand. When I got there, I came out with my 12 gauge and racked it and went around the house aiming at the bushes, pausing frequently like I saw him and and was aiming to shoot. Turned out he was in the bushes and thought I was going to kill him. The ranch owner was kind of pissed at me because he was good hand and said he was just looking for pot - he left in fear and headed back to Mexico immediately. Racking is a special sound.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_keltec.jpg

After I read the ad headline, all I could think about was that poor guy in the photo. Somebody pissed on his face and the urine froze all over his beard. They could have picked a better line, don't ya think? Like, "Keltec, for those who can survive, no matter what it takes."

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Fake news

He used to drink cows urine
Really? I thought I remembered him talking about drinking his own urine on a 60 minutes episode in the 70's? Could be wrong though - that was a while ago.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I dont see that they make a semi auto on their site?

I want a semi- auto in 12 g. also. The Bullpup KSG is compact and good for a truck gun or home defense - and the racking sound will deter most perps.

I had a couple of people jump my fence and in the back part of my property where my workshop was - my dog started howling and I jump out of bed (in my underwear) and grabbed the 12 gauge, when I racked it - all I heard were 2 people scrambling over the fence in a big hurry.

Another time, a gal friend was living on a ranch and when she walked into her bedroom, she saw 2 feet sticking out from under her bed - it was a wetback ranch hand. When I got there, I came out with my 12 gauge and racked it and went around the house aiming at the bushes, pausing frequently like I saw him and and was aiming to shoot. Turned out he was in the bushes and thought I was going to kill him. The ranch owner was kind of pissed at me because he was good hand and said he was just looking for pot - he left in fear and headed back to Mexico immediately. Racking is a special sound.

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I remember my father, now long deceased, spoke of during WW2, out in the field (Africa) he would pee on his wounds, and that that helped significantly. Never considered uorphagia, or better termed urotherapy.

http://urotherapy.com

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
You need to watch it with bullpups because your face is so close to the action. I am more conventional when it comes to firearms, but I would like to take a lightsaber to the range when they finally get developed.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
You need to watch it with bullpups because your face is so close to the action. I am more conventional when it comes to firearms, but I would like to take a lightsaber to the range when they finally get developed.

Very good point , hadnt thought of it

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The KSG ejects out the bottom and the slide, trigger , and pistol grip are forward placed - the biggest risk is blowing your hand off from losing grip on the pump action grip. Also, they kick like a mule with regular or magnum shells - I put a rubber stock pad on mine to cushion the blow - it extended the action out another inch. They were designed to also run the mini shells, and in my opinion, it is the best load for the bullpup because of recoil, and the ability to put in so many rounds, and the mini's are plenty lethal for home defense.

Review:
Kel-Tec KSG
Editor's Pick Bullpup Shotgun
KSG-with-Shells.jpg

Kel-Tec KSG

Do you want a bullpup weapon that’s perfect for home defense?

The KSG 12-gauge shotgun by Kel-Tec (~$800) is your best bet. It’s light, compact, and easy to use.

The KSG is smaller than your average 12-gauge but it still packs the same punch. Check out our list of the Best Tactical Shotguns to see which made the list.

As you can see, the KSG doesn’t look like your conventional shotgun. It doesn’t have a long barrel, which means that it’s perfect for shooting in narrow and tight spaces. This pump-action shotgun is ambidextrous and can be easily fitted with red-dot sights, making it optimal for tactical scenarios.

If you’re still uncertain about the KSG, consider this: its reputation for reliability in the field has made the shotgun a popular choice among certain French and South Korean battalions. Additionally, since it KSG utilizes downward cartridge ejection technology, left-handed shooters don’t have to worry about shells hitting them in the face.

With a retail price under $1,000, the Kel-Tec KSG is a great weapon home defense weapon to have. If you’re still not sold, consider this: the KSG has two feeding tubes, which allow for a total of 7+7+1 rounds at any given time.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Nailed it! That's why I haven't invested in a bullpup. I'm simply not comfortable with the proximity of the action to my face and it offers me no real advantage compared to other, more conventional setups that I can see. Maybe I'm missing something!

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I like numbers here, like 500, 590, 870. Those work just fine, and the price is good as well. No need for anything more exotic.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I remember my father, now long deceased, spoke of during WW2, out in the field (Africa) he would pee on his wounds, and that that helped significantly. Never considered uorphagia, or better termed urotherapy.

http://urotherapy.com
Urine is relatively sterile, wet and warm.