• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Like Everything Else, Most Recent Ocean Trash Comes From China

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Like Everything Else, Most Recent Ocean Trash Comes From China
October 8, 2019 Informed American Culture 0

This trash? Probably from China.

There was a time when ocean trash came mostly from South America, finding its way into the tropical currents that wash flotsam and jetsam thousands of miles. But those days are gone. With manufacturing information printed directly on the trash, which mostly consists of water bottles, we know exactly where the stuff came from, and there’s a surprising twist.

While originating from China isn’t surprising, given that the Asian nation exports the most stuff on the planet, scientists estimate there’s no way the recent stuff, which was made in the last two years, could’ve found its way from mainland China to remote, inaccessible islands.
That only leaves one possibility, Chinese ships are either dumping or losing the cargo.

A recent report published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reads:

“By 2009, Asia had surpassed South America as the major source of bottles, and by 2018, Asian bottles comprised 73% of accumulated and 83% of newly arrived bottles, with most made in China.”
“The recent manufacture dates indicate that few bottles could have drifted from Asia, and presumably are dumped from ships, in contravention of International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships regulations. Our results question the widely held assumption that most plastic debris at sea comes from land-based sources.”

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
I speak to snowflakes of this when they mention we should be doing this or that,
It is as though they are completely unaware of what is, vs the propaganda they have been fed,

It comes from their indoctrination centers, otherwise known as schools, which they then parrot the force fed nonsense

Which brings me full circle to my main argument, close all schools, toss the teachers and admin to the marketplace,
and move all education into the future, ie net and computer centers. They can then move thru at their own pace, rather than the intelligent being held back by the dimwits, or teaching to the lowest common denominator.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I speak to snowflakes of this when they mention we should be doing this or that,
It is as though they are completely unaware of what is, vs the propaganda they have been fed,

It comes from their indoctrination centers, otherwise known as schools, which they then parrot the force fed nonsense

Which brings me full circle to my main argument, close all schools, toss the teachers and admin to the marketplace,
and move all education into the future, ie net and computer centers. They can then move thru at their own pace, rather than the intelligent being held back by the dimwits, or teaching to the lowest common denominator.
They won't stop the gravy train that is the education system. 85% of my RE tax bill is marked for 'education'. That tells you what a cash cow government controlled education is! It's never going away!

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
it's a good thing most of this garbage floats

If It Didn't, We Wouldn't Have All These Fascinating Pictures That We Can Turn Into Propaganda