• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Living in a van in the city.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Just thought I’d share this. It’s how to live in a van in the city.

I’ve been in a not quite as bad but similar situation since February 2013 as an over the road truck driver. Saved a ton on rent (more money for buying bullion and investing).

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Be careful with those unvented propane heaters.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
When I was young I did the van thing, ummm yeah "When I was young," so I know all about it. Used to wash up in gas stations and rent a motel once a week and eat like a king once a week. Saved bank and rented and then went broke again.....man it was tuff to live on $2.50 an hour back then even if it only cost $20 a week to eat at Denney's and BurgerKing. Come to think of it them were the days I was smoking two oz's a week of Columbian read hair at $45 an oz'r.....yeah so yah, don't miss it.

Curious tail about that van....was rumbling though Sacramento and a guy pulls along side me and yells "I know where you can get a door for your van." And, I yelled back "I'll sell it to you for $50."

We pulled off the freeway I signature the title stuffed my seabag and off I went, caught a freight train.