• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Lock down drills in high school?

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I’m watching this series called undercover high and just saw an episode where the school does a lockdown drill several times a year mandated by the state. It’s a drill to turn off the lights and hide from a shooter, the teacher is to secure the classroom door and the students are instructed to hide behind their desks and be very quiet, not to huddle up together and spread out. The principal swept the campus, checked doors then called an all clear. I think that if there was a shooter from school that he would participate in these drills before committing the act.

First I’ve ever heard of this, I think they’re in Illinois, is this happening in your state and to your kids?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I’m watching this series called undercover high and just saw an episode where the school does a lockdown drill several times a year mandated by the state. It’s a drill to turn off the lights and hide from a shooter, the teacher is to secure the classroom door and the students are instructed to hide behind their desks and be very quiet, not to huddle up together and spread out. The principal swept the campus, checked doors then called an all clear. I think that if there was a shooter from school that he would participate in these drills before committing the act.

First I’ve ever heard of this, I think they’re in Illinois, is this happening in your state and to your kids?
My childhood was so boring as all we had to look forward to were firedrills to get out of class once in a while.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
If my kid came home with a story of this, he'd be in a different school by the end of the week. This is training professional victims.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

So, the students all get binkies and blankies, and find their 'safe' place ? Bravo

Israel-school-teacher1.jpg

Israel-school-teacher2.jpg

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Having worked for several public school districts, I can tell you that lock down procedures are as normal as fire drills.

If a school has a security threat, a student fight, a dangerous person walks by the school, a bank is robbed downtown, etc. lock down is done until the threat has passed.

If you want to enter a public school during school hours, you have to use the main entrance and visitors are screened through the front office.

Its 2018 and this is what is going on.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Having worked for several public school districts, I can tell you that lock down procedures are as normal as fire drills.

If a school has a security threat, a student fight, a dangerous person walks by the school, a bank is robbed downtown, etc. lock down is done until the threat has passed.

If you want to enter a public school during school hours, you have to use the main entrance and visitors are screened through the front office.

Its 2018 and this is what is going on.
Bless us all everyone! I liked it better before the commies took over!

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

I'm sorry. You were saying???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ms-Florida-school-shooting.html#ixzz577KI04Ez

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
LOL.....just a sign of the times...i remember Nuclear War drills...duck n cover........same for Tornados.........evacuate for Fire.....at least where i went to grade school k-6th...all the class rooms had at least two doors..one to the hallway ...one directly to the outside

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I remember 'duck and cover', also hot summer afternoons before air conditioning, plus freezing mornings before the heat came up.

One last thing. We used to bring our .22's to school so we could go squirrel hunting on the way home. Truly surprised so many of us made to this grand old age.

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Active shooter drills have been practiced in how many schools that have had deadly shootings?

Hmmmm.

Something stinks.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If I wore those goofy hats I'd want to open carry too!
I wouldn't judge any of them because of a 'goofy hat'. I guarantee each and every one of them would lay down their lives for those children.

"The name of the small cap male Jews wear is called a Kipa (dome or covering) or Yarmulke. This head covering was meant to signify recognition that God is present above oneself." -- Signal

So ... there's that.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It was a joke. Like those silly hats.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I wouldn't judge any of them because of a 'goofy hat'. I guarantee each and every one of them would lay down their lives for those children.

"The name of the small cap male Jews wear is called a Kipa (dome or covering) or Yarmulke. This head covering was meant to signify recognition that God is present above oneself." -- Signal

So ... there's that.