• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Looking for a deal on junk silver......

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
Looking to buy $500 FV of junk dimes and quarters. Anyone know of any great deals that don't beat ya to death with shipping?

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If I was getting ready to buy 350 or so ounces of silver right now at a spot derived price, I think I'd wait a little.

Silver has spiked a couple of bucks recently in response to the media and progressives attempt to convince the masses that a recession is on the way, as an attack on Trump. I personally don't think a recession is likely near term. If I'm right, look for silver to revert to the $13-$15 range.

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
If I was getting ready to buy 350 or so ounces of silver right now at a spot derived price, I think I'd wait a little.

Silver has spiked a couple of bucks recently in response to the media and progressives attempt to convince the masses that a recession is on the way, as an attack on Trump. I personally don't think a recession is likely near term. If I'm right, look for silver to revert to the $13-$15 range.
I agree with you in general and haven't made a move yet. The media and libs are just chomping at the bit to see the economy tank. However having said that,..... Im not to sure we'll see silver a whole lot less that $15 anytime soon........ Feedback?

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
Howdy Chris! How's Albuquerque these days? Haven't been up there for awhile...

SC
Life is good here. But if you listen to the local news or spend much time on social media you would think ABQ is about like Chicago....ha ha. I retired last year and I'm happy as a lark. I spend lots of time in the great outdoors and away from crowds. I have few complaints. I feel like a blessed man. I've got a great wife and my kids are all doing well. What more could you ask for. How are things down south?

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Life is good here. But if you listen to the local news or spend much time on social media you would think ABQ is about like Chicago....ha ha. I retired last year and I'm happy as a lark. I spend lots of time in the great outdoors and away from crowds. I have few complaints. I feel like a blessed man. I've got a great wife and my kids are all doing well. What more could you ask for. How are things down south?
I grew up in ABQ and still have some family there (niece and nephew and their families). Wife and I like it here just fine. Lot of retirees and folks who want to retire and are checking it out. Somewhat of a depressed economy here. The kids live in Tejas with their families because it's where the jobs are for them.

Glad you are doing well.

Regards,

Michael

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
You sir, are my hero! You have all that I strive for. Fortunately, I seem to be right on track. My sanctuary is in the Northeast because that's where my family is. Unfortunately, I think my area will be overrun with New England communists in ~ 5 years so I'll be pulling up stakes and seeking another place to call home before that I reckon!

Eying NC presently (shhh, don't tell the grandkids)

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
I grew up in ABQ and still have some family there (niece and nephew and their families). Wife and I like it here just fine. Lot of retirees and folks who want to retire and are checking it out. Somewhat of a depressed economy here. The kids live in Tejas with their families because it's where the jobs are for them.

Glad you are doing well.

Regards,

Michael
Are you retired Michael? I've spent a little time in SC and it would suit me just fine too. SC's got a good mix of what I like. I know that a depressed economy can be tough if you're trying to eek out a living in it, but it can be a plus if your retiring and have prepared well for it. My son has work down there a few times a year, and always calls me from there. He likes that area of the state too. I've got a home here in ABQ that's close to being paid off and we've fixed it up to our liking. Its the only debt we have. I cant see us selling and moving elsewhere. Besides we've also got a cabin in the northern Jemez that serves as our easy getaway or bug out.

Last edited:

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I just got tired of working and quit my job with Intel in RR, moved down here, eventually rolled into retirement. Later met my wife wife online and helped her move from Colorado to our little town. She likes the area too.

If you like the outdoors, there's lots of it here.

SC

Last edited:

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
Provident had junk on sale .49 over all week. They have been running this every few weeks or so. Ive been buying at that price ( best ive seen anywhere, including my lcs) and will be waiting until they run it again.
Hey stoned,......give me a heads up if you see them running a sale again any time soon. Thanks

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Eying NC presently (shhh, don't tell the grandkids)
My brother left NC due to the state increasing taxes on Middle and Upper Middle Class incomes. Better check you tax rates before moving to NC.
He moved from NC to FLA.

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
My brother left NC due to the state increasing taxes on Middle and Upper Middle Class incomes. Better check you tax rates before moving to NC.
He moved from NC to FLA.
I have a friend who just this spring moved from NC to Alaska. They had been long time residents of NC but decided to sell their home and build a place near Fairbanks AK. Taxes and the heat/humidity were their main reasons for leaving NC. I'm not sure I could tolerate 5-6 months of darkness and extreme cold that AK has to offer but to each their own.

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
This from TomD is definitely in play for at least the short term. The media and the libs (but I repeat myself), are doing their level best to bring on a recession or at least stall the economy. Of course Trump could shut his yapper too and stop giving them new ammunition every freaking day.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Geez thanks,............. and right when silver spikes up 35 cents.
Yes but even still its a full 1.09 per face dollar cheaper than yesterday.

Cant speak for the dimes and quarters but the halves ive been getting are pretty nice. Mostly Jfk, then franks and walkers with several barbers, complete with dates.

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
I understand that and I do appreciate your keeping me up to date. Sorry if I sounded unappreciative.

I've got to wait now until probably mid Sept. I'll be mostly off the grid while chasing Elk & deer with archery tackle for the next few weeks. Don't want anything shipped until later in Sept or early Oct if I can secure a decent deal.

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
That’s a good looking lot of halves, Stone dude! Lots of meat left on the coins and some of the 64s appear to be AU/BU - nice!
Agreed fellas,....... looks like I may expand my horizons and add some half dollars to my dimes and quarters. Very nice Stoned.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling