• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Man Breaks Into House While Homeowner Taking Shower, Close-By Shower Gun Comes In Handy

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Man Breaks Into House While Homeowner Taking Shower, Close-By Shower Gun Comes In Handy
Posted by Brandon Curtis, July 28, 2019
Updated on July 28, 2019 at 1:53 pm

There are many ‘shower gun’ memes out there in the wild, and most people share them as a joke, poking fun at the times we’re in the shower and hear a noise inside the house. Burglar? Cat knock something off the table? You don’t know. You’re in the shower.

Richard Winegardner’s home was burglarized numerous times over the last few months, but it seems that he wasn’t around when things went down. This latest burglary was different, though, as it happened while Winegardner was most vulnerable; in the shower.

While in the shower, he heard someone inside his home. He quickly got out and called 911, while at the same time grabbing his gun that was in his gym bag.

During the 911 call, Winegardner was struggling between confronting the intruder and giving the dispatcher information. Then, he yells “I’m being robbed right now!”

Winegardner said he held the man at gunpoint for as long he could — which caught the stranger off-guard.
“(He) tried to talk me into believing he was a great guy and he wasn’t here to cause me any problems — which I found odd because he already broke into the house,” Winegardner told the News-Sun.

via springfieldnewsson.com
Just a few moments later, gunshots are heard.

The intruder had run out of the house and tried to get away in a grey SUV. Winegardner fired shots at the SUV, trying to shoot out the tires.

The fleeing suspect didn’t get far, and police later found him at an intersection and arrested him.

The suspect was identified as 38-year-old Jason Moak, and it would seem that Moak is the same person who broke into the home on the other occasions.

Winegardner has multiple cameras set up outside his home, and recognized the same SUV from the other crimes.

While we never recommend shooting at a fleeing suspect, this particular case ended up working out. Had Winegardner shot Moak, well, that could have been a different ending for Winegardner.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Winegardner said at that point, the man had run out the door and tried to drive off in a gray SUV.
He said he fired his gun five times at his car to try to shoot out a tire.
The SUV was found across from the Upper Valley Mall shortly after the attempted burglary with the back windshield shot out, as well as bullet holes in the interior and on the bumper.
Poorly handled (easy to say, I know)
Ohio has a castle doctrine. Homeowner should have dropped him in the house then toweled off.
He will be lucky to escape with no charges.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Poorly handled (easy to say, I know)
Ohio has a castle doctrine. Homeowner should have dropped him in the house then toweled off.
He will be lucky to escape with no charges.
Easily proven self defense, as the guy had tried to rob him on prior occasions, and would have returned to rob him again.
No jury would find him guilty.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Some of you guys are so ugly confronting him could have simply shocked him to death! :laughing:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
"....hang on while I grab my shampew pew pew."

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm 66 and I feel pretty sure if I had exited the shower, grabbed a gun (and ONLY A gun) and confronted the guy he would have either thrown up OR died laughing. I've lost a LOT of weigh lately.

That last one would have been hard to explain???

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
"Winegardner fired shots at the SUV, trying to shoot out the tires."
Never legal in my state.
I hope that the citizen will not be prosecuted.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I have ttoooomany damm dogs to get caught in my underwares.

now that I think of it yet again the propensity of creepers to creep is predicated on those who just have house lions and no dog/s.

just as a cat will not tell the cops where the stash is, a cat will not forwarn…...unless the catlady is entering on haloween….and looks like halley berry.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
if living with any vibrants within 10 miles = a pistol in every room. revolvers for the gun dunces (like me)

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Winegardner should have emptied the pistol into his chest, instead he chatted w him?

For fuck sake..........

Ole widegarner ought to get ready for prison.

Fucking retard.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Back when I first got interested in guns, I used to read articles now and then, by a gun writer named Leroy Thompson. Leroy was a bodyguard/security guy by trade and he said, in one of his articles, that it’s important to be armed all the time, including when you’re in the shower. If you think about it, Leroy said, you’re most vulnerable when you’re naked and showering and you just might need to cap an intruder, so he had a dedicated shower gun, although he did not say what it was. I imagined it to be a stainless revolver*, of some sort. I liked Leroy. I read a couple of his books, too. They were interesting.

*You would need to keep that baby well oiled and dry it off regularly.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
SOG: "*You would need to keep that baby well oiled and dry it off regularly."

Sure would. But the only way to keep it functional would be to have it hermetically sealed like the OP one shown in the dive box. Ammo can't take that hostile environment for very long.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
SOG: "*You would need to keep that baby well oiled and dry it off regularly."

Sure would. But the only way to keep it functional would be to have it hermetically sealed like the OP one shown in the dive box. Ammo can't take that hostile environment for very long.
Good point. I don’t know how Leroy did it, he didn’t explain, but ol’ Leroy knew his stuff, so I haveta believe he had it covered.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter