• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Mass Illusions - Ignorance is Bliss

What is the best conversation killer?

• Mention that infamous day, nyn - l - l

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Note that the world used silver coins prior to the 60's

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Say you voted for Ron Paul

• Ask if Trump University would be a good school for your kids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mention the fact that our central bank, the FED, is a private organization

• Say you don't believe the lone gunman story regarding the JFK /RFK murders

• Any of the above will work fine.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Those or some of those work, but I want to mention something else in my reply...

• None of these, I'll explain in a post...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
All the world's a stage. More than just a show it is an illusion. Beyond even magic, the world lives under a spell. Mass hypnosis comes to mind when I listen to people's conversations. I find it quite interesting that they can even communicate at all since they all live inside their own little world.

Some people live in the real world though. They're not afraid to look out beyond the matrix. They took the red pill already. Or was it the blue pill? I don't remember which but I can recognize someone who lives beyond the constructs provided and who won't fall for framed debates almost instantly. But it is rare to come accross such a person, other than some regulars who post every now and then at our freedom forums.

Over the years I've gotten a little frustrated with the sheeple. Not that it's their fault really, at least for most of them. The day to day, their lack of education, all sorts of things prevent them from removing the blinders. For many, they probably couldn't handle it. So everywhere I go and with nearly everyone I meet, I usually just nod and listen. I won't normally offer advice of any kind, unless they directly ask and I'm usually careful not to touch any theme outside this spell which seems to have mesmerized the entire planet.

But sometimes the occasion arises. It's usually during my travels when I know I'll probably never meet this person or group of people again. I might be in a resturaunt, on a plane or in a taxi and something will tell me this is the time to speak up...

The sheeple go on and on about some non event, how their son's little league team just reclaimed 2nd place. Or when Dims talk about how great Obummer was, pulling the nation out of the Bush crisis. Or when the Repukes talk about how successful trickle down economics was, and will be again. Or when someone begins to worry about how many terrorist acts there's been on the homeland lately, just as the cab we're sitting in crosses the center divide for a split second around a sharp turn - I will pause for a moment, and then, after I've gotten up some nerve, I'll pull out a comment right off the list above.

Sometimes they will just stop talking and stare. You can tell how far outside the matrix they're capable of getting by whether they just look straight ahead or if they turn to stare away from you. Detecting an opening, I might add, "Did you notice how unbelievable the flight path was of that plane that struck the 5-sided building? Right into the office tracking the missing 2 trillion dollars. That must have been one very experienced pilot, don't you think? It's good we took out those terrorist camps, that must be where they did jet pilot training."

Usually, at this point, I just get the "deer in the headlights" look and very quickly they've got to go do something else.

In that light, I thought a thread about pushing buttons would be helpful. I've tried to push the buttons as much as possible here at our freedom forum, just as I did at GIM1. It's not working. It hasn't worked on the road show either of course. So maybe another tactic would work better, maybe you found one or maybe you believe we've unwittingly become controlled opposition?

One thing you must admit: it's pretty pitiful, the illusion which has been crafted for us. Live in the matrix and you've sold your soul; live outside of it and you're rejected, or worse. In the land of the insane, the sane man doesn't become king, he get's lynched.

Last edited:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
best conversation killer line ...." hello im Jehovah witness can we talk"
or " do you know jesus as your personal savior" ........your conversation killers above are rookie lines in comparison :).....both of those lines will end a unwanted telephone solicitor like smoke in a wind storm

as for discussions like you mention above ...i have these on occasion with people and i have found that most admit to "knowing something is wrong" with a specific issue ...and are open to hearing about the subject if time and attention span allows ....... and if it affects their lives directly such as talking about the FED they are all ears...

Last edited:

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I just mention that I'm a Libertarian, deer in headlight stare every time, like they don't know what I'm talking about. Guess the Ron Paul question or statement would qualify. Anymore, people might think Gary Johnson, but otherwise, like Ttazzman said, just mentioning Jesus as a personal savior, will usually do it.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Pretty much any and all of the above. Genuine facts and actual truths just pfffft! go right over people's heads. I mean these are generally "normal", bright, intelligent, productive people and when it comes to dealing with anything associated to fundamental reality they are lost or as Lt. Dan said above, deer in the headlights stares. Amazing.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
I tailor my fiasco to the current subject matter. It seems to be a weird trait in my family, its also why we do not talk to each other very much.

Case in point: Shipped a friend up for a wedding and she was going on about some black lives matter bullshit and all the police caused deaths and BOOM family training just took over. SO,....and, I din't really know I done it till it was done but I rolled out the big guns and hit her with facts. I said: "f the fat fucks them pos's; did you know that twice as many whites are killed by the cops as apposed to blacks? So tell me Vicky how you liking that white privilege now? " Yep killed that subject matter dead in the water.

I guess people are right, I'm just an A-hole looking for a place to happen.

edit: I forgot to vote, hope it's not too late.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Dunno. Ask the current title holder and resident expert, Keef

He was the last poster over on the 'thread killer' thread. It's been dead going on 2 weeks now.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
More poll choices:

Tramp is making America great again, right?

I get looks like I'm crazy from most people on this one. Those who don't agree claim they're "not sure" and those who are fully behind Trump claim, "it wasn't meant literally, it's a figure of speech."

Obummer got us out of those wars like he promised, right?
I get responses like, "did he say he was going to do that?" Or "his legacy was improving the health care system and getting us out of the financial crisis," although they then go on to say they're not one of those who saw a better health care system and personally haven't really emerged yet from the crisis.

The Reagan tax cuts proved trickle down really works, the middle class is doing so much better. Trickle down is bound to work again.
They'll usually smile and say, "well, the rich always get richer, that's just how a democracy works." It seems they know that the Reagan, Bush and Trump tax changes just end up as giveaways to the very rich and well connected but they just don't care or believe they could do anything about it.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Smart phones are for idiots.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner

So are illusions, con games and war.
While they may get you some short term gaines, in the end they will haunt you, hunt you and then enslave you - or maybe just your children.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

I use mine as a work tool. My role really requires having a solid smartphone. I'm hoping to retire in 3 years. I'm saving my old MOTO little flip phone that I used in the 2000's. That will be my retirement phone as long as it's supported. I don't do FaceTime, I don't cruise the net, I don't need no apps on my phone! I just need a phone!

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
For some inexplicable reason these three quotes just materialized in this order, and somehow made sense. It's probably just my illusion...

You live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality, but you do not know this. When you understand this, you will see that you are nothing, and being nothing you are everything. That is all. - Kalu Rimpoche

When we remember we are all mad, the
mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
-Mark Twain

"We shall not cease from exploring,
and at the end of our exploration,
we will return to where we started,
and know the place for the first time." - T. S. Eliot

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I don't know, but personally, I've found that just simply knowing what you're talking about and quoting facts usually kills most conversations.

People seem much more interested in spouting off the sensational headline, or parroting something they heard on the TV, rather than digging into knowing the reality of any situation. You can usually kill any conversation at all simply by speaking the truth.

As for being an asshole, I don't mind at all being called an asshole. I come from a long line of assholes. My father was an asshole, my father's father was an asshole.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
At GIM1 I used to get blasted, it happened numerous times, for using the term 'sheeple.' Most of the posts appeared to come from newer members who were still struggling with the left-right debate or D-R support. Over here, nobody has yet complained about my use of the term.

Using the term "sheeple" in conversation could be another poll choice. Although I'm sure they would simply think you're mentally deranged.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Voted "any of the above." Go out and about and mention any of them and most peeps will think you're an anti-gov nut job or possibly a cop and won't want anything to do with you.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Best conversation killer, mention the Jewish problem.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Best conversation killer, mention the Jewish problem.
Problem solved by using bacon. Bacon dust can be blown on food and gets both jew and the cousin muzzie. really though I think it is like holie water on vampires but we are dealing with zombies here.