• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Milo's Big Score's Thread

milomorai

Nice. Where you get the rolls?
Just my local bank that I bank with that has a Coin counter so I can return the rest.
Bummer though they just got new machines that spit the foreign and assorted token etc out in a tray people can see and pick up
more easily, old machines had magnetic strip nobody used to check...:totally steamed:

milomorai

Searched 12 Rolls today same slimmer pickins than before 1940-S, 1941-D, 1948-P, 1952-P, 1955-D and a Canadian 1986 Nickel
I save the foreign coins to trade for silver at the coin shows when I get enough. last trade I got a Morgan dollar& 2 90% Silver halves

Attachments

milomorai

Searched 40 rolls still dismal results did get 2 Silver war nickels 1942-S, 1943P and an English penny
40-P, 41-P, 42-P, 46-P, 46-D, 48-D, 49-P, 51-P, 52-D, 53-P, 54-D, 55-D
Oh yeah and 4 half dollar rolls …. nothing worth anything.

Attachments

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Watch the obituaries. First thing is the next of kin goes in and grabs the money to deposit in a bank. That usually includes grandma's or grandpa's old change jar that is also brought to the bank too since most people don't have the knowledge or patience to go through the jars. Hence, they wind up in the rolls from that local branch if they don't send them out to a central coin processing site.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Watch the obituaries. First thing is the next of kin goes in and grabs the money to deposit in a bank. That usually includes grandma's or grandpa's old change jar that is also brought to the bank too since most people don't have the knowledge or patience to go through the jars. Hence, they wind up in the rolls from that local branch if they don't send them out to a central coin processing site.
that is so true....my sister passed a few months ago and she had a hoard of coins she had accumulated for years.....my mom was her executor.....i told mom i would be happy to buy the coins as i also hoard coins......last i heard my step dad had rolled them up and took them to the bank over many days.....they assumed it would be a nussance to deal with them and that i was just offering to buy them just to be helpful

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I educated a Korean store owner in town about pre 65 coins. He holds them then sells them to me. It's a trivial amount, but I've found that there is a bit of a spike around the first week from when school lets out in the summer. I even got a Piece Dollar a few years ago.

milomorai

Think that's what my sister did when my parents passed, I had collected some silver coins Rolls of mercury/Roosevelt dimes assorted stuff
in my youth then joined the military and left them with my parents through the years went to see my sister about a year ago she gave me what
she had left a stained silver certificate and a few minor items. oh well C'est la vie

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Searched 40 rolls still dismal results did get 2 Silver war nickels 1942-S, 1943P and an English penny
40-P, 41-P, 42-P, 46-P, 46-D, 48-D, 49-P, 51-P, 52-D, 53-P, 54-D, 55-D
Oh yeah and 4 half dollar rolls …. nothing worth anything.
Sounds like a lot of work. I search halves. If I don't find anything, all that is lost is time.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

milomorai

Ok Today searched 14 rolls 2 Mexican coins & 1 Korean coin out of the reject bin
1 1945-S silver war nickel, 1939-P, 1941-S, 1946-P, 1948-P, 2 1952-P's, and a 1959-P only 27 Million minted

Attachments

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yea but I couldn't match you bigtime silver searchers my little pennies, nickels & occasional Small silver. Remember Root Beer budget. :beer:
Man, that thread is deader than RBG. The veins have dried up around here.