• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Minnesota militia group says they're ready for 'civil war'

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Jeesh! Can they go anymore stereotypical? Bearded guy with camo hat? Exactly what every urban Progressive imbecile thinks anyone who belongs to a militia looks like? Propaganda anyone?

Imagine the brain lock the lib-tards would have if they showed these guys looking like corporate executives in suits?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Any credible militia isn't talking to Fox (or any other media for that matter)

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Jeesh! Can they go anymore stereotypical? Bearded guy with camo hat? Exactly what every urban Progressive imbecile thinks anyone who belongs to a militia looks like? Propaganda anyone?

Imagine the brain lock the lib-tards would have if they showed these guys looking like corporate executives in suits?
It would cause a massive amount of seizures.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
They are ready for another round at the Chinese Buffet and when the Blue Helmets do finally show up they will offer their services as local tour guides for extra rations of rice n beans.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The best defensive advantage you have when you carry concealed is the 'concealed ' part. You don't show your cards so no one knows about how dangerous you are. The same holds true for American patriots!

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The best defensive weapon you have when you carry concealed is the 'concealed ' part. You don't show your cards so no one knows about how dangerous you are. The same holds true for American patriots!
I was in Walmart, picking up some paper products, a couple weeks ago. Got behind this old dog pushing a cart around. Big boy, long gray hair and beard, no coat, even though it was about high twenties outside. Dude was sporting an old single action revolver on his right hip and a big stag handled knife on his left side, with extra bullets on the belt in back, like a sheriff from an old western. That's not all. He also had a shoulder rig with a double stack automatic stowed under the left armpit and two extra mags under the right. I don't know what he was thinking, but he was ready to throw down if the crazy muhammed's started yelling alah hu ackbar while he was shopping. I watched him for awhile and too many people were just gawking at him and some were pointing and laughing about his state of preparation.

I'm all about right to carry, but I think you're better off with it under the shirt or jacket. The element of surprise is an advantage not to be just given away for no good reason. There's also NO REASON to create a sensation and get the sheeple all upset.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I was in Walmart, picking up some paper products, a couple weeks ago. Got behind this old dog pushing a cart around. Big boy, long gray hair and beard, no coat, even though it was about high twenties outside. Dude was sporting an old single action revolver on his right hip and a big stag handled knife on his left side, with extra bullets on the belt in back, like a sheriff from an old western. That's not all. He also had a shoulder rig with a double stack automatic stowed under the left armpit and two extra mags under the right. I don't know what he was thinking, but he was ready to throw down if the crazy muhammed's started yelling alah hu ackbar while he was shopping. I watched him for awhile and too many people were just gawking at him and some were pointing and laughing about his state of preparation.

I'm all about right to carry, but I think you're better off with it under the shirt or jacket. The element of surprise is an advantage not to be just given away for no good reason. There's also NO REASON to create a sensation and get the sheeple all upset.
He'll be the first guy they shoot. He has the right attitude but he doesn't get any style points from me!

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee begged the south to not "go guerilla". Rest assured, that mistake WILL NOT happen again.

Sherman won't believe the shitstorm

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
That being said anyone with a thought of robbery who saw this guy would change their mind

I'm all about right to c

arry, but I think you're better off with it under the shirt or jacket. The element of surprise is an advantage not to be just given away for no good reason. There's also NO REASON to create a sensation and get the sheeple all upset.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I think the guy's a legend. Think about it, it's 20 degrees outside, nobody is going to cause any trouble, he probably knows that and he probably doesn't always go out like that, just every now and then, to make a statement so that everyone knows that people do exercise their rights in these parts.

I mean the long list you mentioned does seem like a bit much, but hey we live in a society where we need to accept people as long as they're honest, responsible and peace loving, regardless if they hold up a sign that says I'm not armed or if they hold up one that says they're armed to the teeth.

He's doing a service to everyone really. It's a no questions asked way to make sure people are aware that an armed society exists and it exists so we can go shopping with our dog in peace.

Just the knowledge that people like this guy exist sends a message which would cause a mutiny among the blue helmets if their leaders ever tried to send them.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I think the guy's a legend. Think about it, it's 20 degrees outside, nobody is going to cause any trouble, he probably knows that and he probably doesn't always go out like that, just every now and then, to make a statement so that everyone knows that people do exercise their rights in these parts.

I mean the long list you mentioned does seem like a bit much, but hey we live in a society where we need to accept people as long as they're honest, responsible and peace loving, regardless if they hold up a sign that says I'm not armed or if they hold up one that says they're armed to the teeth.

He's doing a service to everyone really. It's a no questions asked way to make sure people are aware that an armed society exists and it exists so we can go shopping with our dog in peace.

Just the knowledge that people like this guy exist sends a message which would cause a mutiny among the blue helmets if their leaders ever tried to send them.
Very good points.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Only a murderer would attempt to shoot somebody that is known to be armed. Thieves just use weapons to intimidate.
Why would I want to give up my anonymity to a potential murderer by displaying my firearms in public? That's just dumb! As an American who carries concealed, its not my job to keep the peace. It IS my job to always be prepared to defend against potential threats to myself and my family.

Last edited:

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Any credible militia isn't talking to Fox (or any other media for that matter)
You've got that right. A half dozen Navy Seals could cause more panic and mayhem than 1000 of these clowns could imagine in their wildest dreams.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
ld

You reminded me of a guy from way back when. 1972, Fort Polk, LA. The supply sergeant in my company would show up at lunch time in the company mess hall on weekends dressed in civilian clothes, normally like a sweat shirt and jeans, wearing a six gun with bullets in loops on the belt, and a big assed knife. Being from Chicago, I had never seen a person [even outside the city in hunting country] wearing such a rig before. Actually the first person I ever saw in real life wearing a holstered pistol out in the open that was not a cop of some sort. Everybody I knew who carried a pistol did "concealed carry" in a pocket or stuck in the back of their jeans because any carry in Chicago was illegal. Anyway, seems he liked to explore the woods around our area in his off time, and needed a gun as there were a lot of deadly snakes and of course gators in the area. Just seemed really weird to see, even on an Army base. He lived in a barracks room, not sure where he kept it but I guess most likely an arms room.
Much later when I transferred to a different company, I had to drive a LTC while he evaluated a NG arty unit from New Orleans, their history went back to the war of 1812. Every SSG and above had a 1911 in a leather holster strapped flat to their chest. Never saw that before either. They were pretty cool guys, very friendly, and had a lot of esprit de corps. Maybe because they were in Louisiana and not Vietnam.

Fast forward to today, quite common now to see people open carry pistols around town, just not in gunslinger western rigs. Most have a plastic holster on a normal belt.

I have had concealed carry for almost a year now, but haven't carried yet. Still looking for a nice shoulder rig for my gold plated Army 1911 Colt .45, and matching gold aviator sunglasses. I have no experience with such a rig, so I am not sure if I should get a webgear type or leather. Any advice?

Sorry for the thread hijack, back to militias.

Met some Kentucky militia members back in 2010 downtown Louisville at a tea party rally. They were all open carrying rifles, ARs and AKs etc, boonie caps etc, but no set uniform - had a patch of some kind. Seemed like nice guys, the ones I spoke to anyway, and nobody was freaked out by the open carry. They were from the backwoods not the city. I was working at the campaign for liberty booth, a girl there knew them and said they were pretty cool. We also seem to have a thing around here called "Coon Hunting Club" which I guess is the same thing as a militia but about hunting coons also I guess. You see the signs for them out in the country on some back roads. See a lot of militia types during the week shooting at Knob Creek as well. Seems to me Kentucky [away from Lexington and Louisville] is pretty pale, pretty well armed, pretty well Constitution liberty & freedom loving, so I guess males banding together in militia type groups is pretty normal. Plus we have a huge veteran population.
I guess if the left wants to start a civil war Kentucky might not be the place to start.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Interesting stories. I've noticed more than a few guys open carrying here in Ohio for the past number of years. Even though I'm a big 2A guy and have more than my share of guns, I still think it's odd to see somebody with a gun on their belt, or under their arm.

I have a CCW, of course. I use it mostly for peace of mind, knowing that, if I feel the need or have to, I can carry without worry. I always have something in the glove box of my car, though. I don't have any advice on a rig for your 1911. I'm just not knowledgeable in that regard. Whenever I put something on my person, I usually just drop a Sig 938 or a 238 in a pocket, or a SW j-frame in my jacket pocket. I know it's lazy, but I don't get more formal than that. I also always have a couple of decent sized folders* in my pocket. I feel ready enough.

Benchmade 710-1401 McHenry _ Williams Axis Folder(1).jpeg
Thema_ Benchmade Foto-Galerie(1).jpeg

Benchmade 710 & 940.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I picked me up two of these. The price can't be beat and they're practically indestructible. Much more than just a knife! Not as sexy as some but you won't find a better bang for the buck!

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
"Mission Essential to Task" plus "The Grey Man".

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

I saw an old guy at Tractor Supply wearing a 6 shooter with a low slung holster like a gun slinger a few weeks ago - I was tempted to tell him that the new Texas open carry law only allows a holster on your hip or a shoulder holster. After thinking about it for a second, figured I was better off saying nothing:)

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I saw an old guy at Tractor Supply wearing a 6 shooter with a low slung holster like a gun slinger a few weeks ago - I was tempted to tell him that the new Texas open carry law only allows a holster on your hip or a shoulder holster. After thinking about for a second, figured I was better off saying nothing:)
Well played!

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
six shooter.jpg
Whats wrong with six shooters and bewlet belts? I've owned this feller since before I could legally buy tobacco. Dont open carry in the Walmarts. But did have a shoulder rig for it at one time.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Whats wrong with six shooters and bewlet belts? I've owned this feller since before I could legally buy tobacco. Dont open carry in the Walmarts. But did have a shoulder rig for it at one time.
o
Hip and shoulder holsters are the only legal open carry in the new law. It didn't bother me, I was carrying concealed.