• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Monarch Precious Metals Dealer Rating

How do you rate this dealer?

• * One Star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ** Two Star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *** Three Star

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • **** Four Star

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • ***** Five Star

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Please post your comments regarding MPM here in this thread.

You may rate the dealer to your satisfaction level in the course of your business.

Please understand that this is a informational content thread for the sole purpose of passing information and experiences regarding a specific PM dealer to other members.

GIM2 does not endorse or disapprove of any member in this list of threads.

GIM2 is not responsible for any disputes, resolutions, or comments made by the members.

A member may reply to the thread and post comments accordingly.

No new threads will be added except by the moderators.

You may also rate the dealer using the vote button, and the votes will be public, 1-5 stars, one being the lowest, and 5 being the highest rating.

j-son

Seeker
Seeker
one of my favorite silver dealers. product is original looking and shipping has got to be one of the quickest from any dealer.

CrufflerJJ

Seeker
Seeker
The one time I ordered from MPM, they sent exactly what I had ordered, packaged it well, shipped it fast. Great service!

artist

I have bought from them many times. I like their old style ingots, service is first class.

Bryzantium

I've bought a few hundred ounces from them and never had an issue.As a positive side point their one ouncers ive measured have been anywhere from 31.3 grams to 31.7.

Milehi

I've never had a problem with MPM. Their shipping is fast and I like the odd size weights like the 2, 3 and 25 ozers. I'd order from them more often if my brick and mortar store didn't give me bro deals.

Last edited:

CrufflerJJ

Seeker
Seeker
I've never had a problem with MPM. Their shipping is fast and I like the odd size weights like the 2, 3 and 25 ozers. I'd order from them more often if my brick and mortar store didn't give me bro deals.
MPM is a most excellent company. I just received my second order. Placed last Monday, shipped across the country & received Friday of the same week.

My only (minor) gripe is that their selling price per ounce is higher on the 2 & 3 ounce bars than their 1 ounce bars. I'd like to add some of the "odd size weight" bars...maybe in the future.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My favorite for silver. Not much variety mind you but they are top notch in every other way. This is personal taste but I love that archaic, kit kat silver but thats just me. They have been buying back at 99% spot which is awesome. And one other thing. Every time I've ordered online from other dealers, I've had to wait out up to 10 days for turnaround once they got to my order. Even with bank checks. These guys sent me the order the day or day after they received my check. No foot dragging from them. And in this day and age it still blows my mind that anyone would have to wait ten days for a check to clear. Are we still using the pony express?

One complaint is that their gold kind of blows. Small, amateurish and pricey doesn't make for great success. If not knowing any better and someone offered to sell me one of their gold pieces I'd suspect they won it at the prize counter of Chuck E Cheese.

mqracing

Every comment I've read about Monarch here or other boards have consistently
been extremely positive about customer service and satisfaction with the products.

I just wish I didn't find them to be so butt ugly. Can't compare looks wise to
say a Perth Mint bar! Or even a Pamp (excepting the equally ugly Pamp 100gram bar).

Wish they didn't look like kids in romper room made their stuff.

But I applaud them for their seemingly superior customer service.

astainless

Excellent service. I ordered a 1 oz and a 10 oz and sent a Money Order (saves the 3% processing fee). They don't rip you off on S&H charges like kitco ($30 for shipping and $24 per $1000 of silver for insurance is crazy). I paid about $11 to $12 for shipping via USPS Priority mail with Insurance. The order arrived 3 days after they received my payment which is good considering it traveled from OR to NJ all the way across the country. The 1 oz bar is a bit small as they are 1/3 the size of a regular minted bar but they are poured and 3x thicker. They are very nice looking and mine weighed in at .3 grams over 1 oz and the 10 oz Bar was also 1+ grams heavy. The 10 oz bar has a very rustic look and has the appearance of a smaller version of the old poured ingots you would expect to see in Fort Nox or something similar. They price was the best I could find as even the local dealers by me charge $1.25 over spot for the junk silver rounds so if you order 15+ oz you can save a bit even with the shipping. I will be ordering more. They also have a very nice shine to them and a nice deep stamp. I am currently considering ordering their poured Kilo bar.

Well my 2nd and 3rd orders from Monarch came in today. This time instead of a MO I payed with my debit card. The 1st order in the morning on Monday and it shipped the same day. The 2nd order was placed Monday evening (I am helping get someone involved with PM's) and it shipped early the next day. They shipped out Monday and Tuesday and they both arrived today (Thursday). They quality of the items is surprising. I now have the 1 gram gold round (I believe they may be the only company offering 1 gram rounds. Every time I see them they are bars), 1 gram silver rounds, 1/10, 1/4 & 1/2 oz Silver rounds (all very nice and with good detail and luster. I am really liking their fractional items) and the 1 oz poured Bar, 10 oz poured bar and I also received 2 ASE's and 1 Prospector and 1 Random Bar. The ASE's (both 2010) and the Prospector are new and minty. They are probably the cheapest place to get them (18.12 spot and $21.61 for the ASE and $20.57 for the prospector). They don't gouge on the S&H as their prices are based on weight and very fair. I think this is probably the cheapest place you can get bullion online, especially if you are ordering a small amount. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. A+++

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I needed to come back and update something. I said earlier that Monarch was pretty weak in gold. I'd suggest, if you're buying govt. gold, to not buy anything until you check out their website.

They have expanded their selection and might very well have as good a prices as anyone online. With their inexpensive shipping and being as customer orientated as they are, they should be an automatic when comparing prices.

Sheepdog

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I liked the purchasing process very much. I have made 3 purchases so far. 1. apmex and wont go back 2. Gainesville coins and they are OK. and 3. MPM. I found the 90% dimes I wanted! I do wish they had more choices in Gold but am content to buy with them again!

GodspeedMetals

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Pretty good (courteous) customer service...

Just a few thoughts...

1. I ordered through their cart on Thursday morning - they didn't ship until the following Monday (but perhaps they warn you about it in their FAQs - they don't have a shipping operation on the weekends) - ok, no biggie;

2. If you use their debit / credit card option - the charge will come up as "Monarch Precious Metals" on your statement - big problem with that but I ordered anyway so not their problem;

3. The package itself reads "MPM", not sure why they can't do the same on the credit card statement [shrug]; and

4. Their spot prices on their website appear to be 30 - 40 cents higher than the COMEX spot no matter which way it goes. That's the big issue I had with Kitco, they ran their own "spot prices", which never rubbed me the right way so I never ordered from Kitco. Also, the premiums, while competitive along with the rest of the secondary market, seem a bit high when they charge you extra for using your debit / credit card.

I gave MPM four stars in this Poll (see above) - but it's a reluctant 4 stars for the reasons above. Solid 3 stars though. Good inventory for the bullion bugs and no frills shipping using registered USPS mail. I may look for another option closer to me.

B00B001000

Seeker
Seeker
Monarch is number uno. They ship fast, they do just what they say. They make one of the most beautiful round on the market. Their rounds leave the rest in the dust, including ASE. Buy from Monarch with no qualms.