• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

'Murder Hornets' Now in North America, Capable of Killing Humans

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
'Murder Hornets' Now in North America, Capable of Killing Humans

https://popculture.com/trending/news/murder-hornets-north-america-capable-killing-humans/

1588464095698.png

As if 2020 has not given Americans enough to worry about, between the coronavirus and economic anxiety, Washington beekeepers have reported the first sightings of Asian "murder hornets" in the U.S. The giant hornets kill up to 50 people a year in Japan and have mandibles shaped like a shark fin. They can wipe out a honeybee hive in just hours, decapitating bees and using their thoraxes to feed their babies. They also have long stingers with dangerous venom that come make it through a beekeeping suit, reports The New York Times.

In November, Ted McFall found a pile of dead bees at his hives near Custer, Washington. He told the Times thousands of bees had their heads separated from their bodies and there was no sign of who did it. "I couldn't wrap my head around what could have done that," he said. McFall later suspected the "murder hornet" was behind it. McFall is still not sure it really was a murder hornet, but Jeff Kornelis, who lives near McFall's property, told the Times he saw the body of the "biggest hornet I'd ever seen" in December.

After Kornelis looked at the body, he thought it might be the Asian giant hornet, which he thought was bizarre since it had not been seen in the U.S. yet at that point. Kornelis remembered a video of YouTube personality Coyote Peterson getting stung by one and made the connection. He called up Washington state officials, who confirmed it was an Asian giant hornet. They also learned another beekeeper saw one of the hornets.

The murder hornets have a unique look. "Beyond its size, the hornet has a distinctive look, with a cartoonishly fierce face featuring teardrop eyes like Spider-Man, orange and black stripes that extend down its body like a tiger, and broad, wispy wings like a small dragonfly," the Times reported. The hornets are so big that they can carry radio-frequency identification tags that scientists can use to keep an eye on their movements.

Ever since Kornelis and the other beekeeper reported seeing the murder hornets, scientists have been doing their best to make sure it does not gain a foothold in the U.S. "This is our window to keep it from establishing," Chris Looney, an entomologist at the Washington State Department of Agriculture, told the Times. "If we can’t do it in the next couple of years, it probably can’t be done."

Looney said it was hard to estimate how many of the hornets are in Washington, especially after the winter. Local beekeepers and agricultural biologists spent the winter preparing by setting raps. "Most people are scared to get stung by them," beekeeper Ruthie Danielsen, who worked with her colleagues to come up with a plan of attack, said. "We're scared that they are going to totally destroy our hives."

It's not clear how the hornets made their way to Washington state. They were seen in White Rock, British Columbia in November, about 10 miles from where they were seen in Washington state. Vancouver Island beekeeper Conrad Berube reported being stung seven times, describing it as "like having red-hot thumbtacks being driven into my flesh."

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Thats one scary looking kid. All that anger for what?
There is a danger out there. She is pleading, 'shelter in place' .

That and hornets can multiply fast, faster than even a pandemic. At least that is what we think this strain of hornets can do, or at least we think so, or rather if they decided to, well, were not sure, but still, it is possible, please 'shelter in place' comrad.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The "Asian Hornet" is already widely spread in Europe... along with the "Tiger Mosquito" which transmits at least 3 diseases...

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The "Asian Hornet" is already widely spread in Europe... along with the "Tiger Mosquito" which transmits at least 3 diseases...
I refuse to be frightened by any more bugs

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Those hornets make VERY SMALL HIVES... watch for them...
Kill the queen, and problem solved. Queen is MUCH BIGGER...

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
I remember when scientists told us the entire southwestern part of the country was going to be uninhabitable thanks to those Afrikan killer bees migrating north from South America.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I live up north where we don’t get weird exotic shit.

The very first time I went into Florida I saw a gator parked by my truck, I turned around and saw a lizard running across the parking lot.
Lyme disease deer ticks... didn't exist when I was a kid, now EVERYWHERE... Can't walk in the woods without a hazmat suit... grrrr

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i got a one gallon sprayer that contains full strength bug spray, i got orange spray to fight back the bee colony's that come by so often, i got a propane flamer for killing weeds that'll do if i got to burn the place to the ground...I ain't sharing my property with no more immigrant bugs...

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

MIavatar

Silver Miner
I was reading about how dandelions are like the first nectar source for the common bee in urban enviornments. Makes sense cause theres tons of deandelions up here before anything else. Yet every one sprays pesticides and kills the first food source and stunts the native bee population. Then the lawn happy idiots wonder why different species of bees are taking over lol.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Murder Hornets? Sure, why not.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
These things are big enough to use a shotgun on!
I approve of any weapons short of nuclear bombs on those things. Nope.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Theyre big enough to shoot with a 22.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Political correctness gone crazy, these have always been call "Asian Hornets", but now because of the Kung Flu they have been renamed by MSM...

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Political correctness gone crazy, these have always been call "Asian Hornets", but now because of the Kung Flu they have been renamed by MSM...
I don't care if they call them the Charlotte Hornets, I don't read or listen to their drivel anyway

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The French have had to deal with them, it help to keep chickens with the bees as the chickens think the hornets are tasty....

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Thought that 1st pic was phony, looked like it came from the game "Cooti" for those old enough to remember.
Not a big bug fan. Looks gross. I think if those were in AZ I'd be walking around with a tennis racquet and "The Judge" as my side arm. Those are gross looking let alone the size. What do they eat, wildebeast?

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Thought that 1st pic was phony, looked like it came from the game "Cooti" for those old enough to remember.
Not a big bug fan. Looks gross. I think if those were in AZ I'd be walking around with a tennis racquet and "The Judge" as my side arm. Those are gross looking let alone the size. What do they eat, wildebeast?
You'd be better served with a Shockwave than a Judge at your side

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Bees, they can wipe out honey bees quickly...Asian giant hornets are the largest species of hornet in the world. They attack and destroy honeybee hives, entering a “slaughter phase” where they literally decapitate bees and take the hive as their own, using the thoraxes from the dead bees to feed their young, according to the WSDA....

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
I know nothing about this but I have come up with a solution. Build a bee comparator ! This involves putting a steel mesh cage around your beehive in which the grates will allow small bees ingress and egress while these hornets are too big to fit through said mesh cage. If they cant attack the hive, they cant breed or feed their little hornets.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Wont keep people from stings but will protect beehives.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
I know nothing about this but I have come up with a solution. Build a bee comparator ! This involves putting a steel mesh cage around your beehive in which the grates will allow small bees ingress and egress while these hornets are too big to fit through said mesh cage. If they cant attack the hive, they cant breed or feed their little hornets.
I think your idea has merit, but..........there is lots of wild honey bees in some areas, as well as domesticated hives. they could conceivable live on wild bees........?

Thats one scary looking kid. All that anger for what?
You must remember ............. she`s MENTALLY DERANGED, as is her "benefactor" george SOROS !!! Mental diseases usually show in a person`s face .........

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Those are some really nasty looking hornets...

I would hate to have to deal with a pissed off swarm of them...

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Now added to the list.

All dangerous bugs will be eradicated. Until then, shelter in place.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
They'd make security pets! They'd keep those annoying neighbors away for sure!

1588684161697.png

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Bring back limited use DDT. Now.

When I was 10 & living with my 86 year-old granny on the Riviera (but not the "jet set", her "home town") - I got bedbugs and was covered with bites. She went to the drugstore and bought a box of DDT powder - took off my sheets - sprinkled the mattress all over with DDT - then put the sheets back on.
Never got bit again - and I'm still here 55 years later...
Radical!
& still used in the 3rd World... If ever I go there, I'll "stock up"...
Fxxx the "thinning bird shells"...

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
When I was 10 & living with my 86 year-old granny on the Riviera (but not the "jet set", her "home town") - I got bedbugs and was covered with bites. She went to the drugstore and bought a box of DDT powder - took off my sheets - sprinkled the mattress all over with DDT - then put the sheets back on.
Never got bit again - and I'm still here 55 years later...
Radical!
& still used in the 3rd World... If ever I go there, I'll "stock up"...
Fxxx the "thinning bird shells"...
DDT was way, way overused back in the day, but what it did to reduce human misery and death from disease carrying insects should not be ignored.
I grew up in the 70's always playing in the woods and nobody ever got a tick on them, our dogs never got ticks either. Hell we never even thought about them. By the 90's ticks were back with a vengeance and now they are everywhere. Crippling and killing people with lyme disease by the thousands. New viruses every year being spread by mosquito's. Bring back DDT and use it in a responsible manner this time.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
DDT was way, way overused back in the day, but what it did to reduce human misery and death from disease carrying insects should not be ignored.
I grew up in the 70's always playing in the woods and nobody ever got a tick on them, our dogs never got ticks either. Hell we never even thought about them. By the 90's ticks were back with a vengeance and now they are everywhere. Crippling and killing people with lyme disease by the thousands. New viruses every year being spread by mosquito's. Bring back DDT and use it in a responsible manner this time.

And don't ride your bike behind the trucks that are spraying it?