• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

My wife wants to become an Ex-Pat

I married a really normal girl from a religious/conservative family. Over the years she's become a homeschooling advocate and a prepper. When we initially got married I told her that I wanted to move to Chile (I speak spanish) to get out of the U.S. That went out the window when Trump won. Now I run a prosperous business and we live in the #1. Safest community in the United States. It is paradise.

That said all of the marxists have my wife nervous. The marxists have been taught to HATE young successful white people like us. She wants to move out of the country if Trump loses. We have a good amount of money which opens up more doors.

We've considered a lot of places. Are there any Ex-Pats here that have left? We've considered....

Chile
Iceland
Switzerland
Ireland
Svalbard (my wife's idea lol)

But I'm beginning to think that if we don't win here then the communists won't stop in America. They will go for a global government in which there would be no easy escape. The globalists would probably prefer that I run vs fight.

What do you guys think?

My brother moved to Cuenca, Ecuador and loves it. Lots of ex-pats there, great healthcare, beautiful country. He bought a $300K house; and as he's a sr. citizen, the real estate taxes are $1.57 per year (yes, you read that right) If you put $200k in an Ecuadorian bank, they pay you 10% annual interest. If my kids weren't here, I'd join him.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I married a really normal girl from a religious/conservative family. Over the years she's become a homeschooling advocate and a prepper. When we initially got married I told her that I wanted to move to Chile (I speak spanish) to get out of the U.S. That went out the window when Trump won. Now I run a prosperous business and we live in the #1. Safest community in the United States. It is paradise.

That said all of the marxists have my wife nervous. The marxists have been taught to HATE young successful white people like us. She wants to move out of the country if Trump loses. We have a good amount of money which opens up more doors.

We've considered a lot of places. Are there any Ex-Pats here that have left? We've considered....

Chile
Iceland
Switzerland
Ireland
Svalbard (my wife's idea lol)

But I'm beginning to think that if we don't win here then the communists won't stop in America. They will go for a global government in which there would be no easy escape. The globalists would probably prefer that I run vs fight.

What do you guys think?
Not much freedom left in the world. One option I am looking at is sailing. Become a world citizen and just travel perpetually. Doesn't mean you cant find a nice spot and settle down for awhile along the way. Just your new home is now mobile and on the water. Free to go wherever you want. Although some issues with the global lockdown right now. Still better to be locked down on a boat in paradise than in a city. You should be able to provision for a month or more at a time and just find a deserted island someplace to hang out at.

My brother moved to Cuenca, Ecuador and loves it. Lots of ex-pats there, great healthcare, beautiful country. He bought a $300K house; and as he's a sr. citizen, the real estate taxes are $1.57 per year (yes, you read that right) If you put $200k in an Ecuadorian bank, they pay you 10% annual interest. If my kids weren't here, I'd join him.
I hadn't considered Ecuador. I'll have to look into it. Thank you.

Not much freedom left in the world. One option I am looking at is sailing. Become a world citizen and just travel perpetually. Doesn't mean you cant find a nice spot and settle down for awhile along the way. Just your new home is now mobile and on the water. Free to go wherever you want. Although some issues with the global lockdown right now. Still better to be locked down on a boat in paradise than in a city. You should be able to provision for a month or more at a time and just find a deserted island someplace to hang out at.
That is really interesting that you mentioned sailing. When my wife and I were dating I sold her on the dream of owning a piece of land in Chile and sailing for most of the year around the Pacific. The plan was to buy a 28 - 33 ft boat. I even went as far as to take sailing courses.

Then we had kids.

I have a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and an infant. While it isn't impossible to keep kids these ages safe on a sailboat it is difficult.

The other problem is that I'm not 100% competent at working with my hands and living in the present. Sailing requires a high degree of the types of competence that I struggle with.

Good idea though.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
But I'm beginning to think that if we don't win here then the communists won't stop in America
You are correct. The rest of the world will fall like dominoes.
Even if you move you just delay the inevitable. Better off here and finding a like minded community or find a place in the wild.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
You could just follow Roger Sayles
Is Sayles still on the internet ?
I haven't got to hear him since he got into a tiff with Alfred Adask over Sovereign Tactics and Al dropped him from his webcasts.

LarsonLarsen

Seeker
Seeker
My wife and I are in the same headspace. We want out with the current direction of the country. We're thinking 2-3 more years of working and we can afford to get out at least for a bit.

We've been thinking Thailand or Vietnam but this Ecuador talk is interesting.

I'm 35, shes 33. We make about 120k after taxes. Even if it was just for a year or so to start and see how we can handle it. This place is going to get a lot worse before it starts to get better.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Spinalcracker brought up the topic a few weeks ago.
He has eyes on Puerto Montt, Chile. Per spinalcracker "In Puerto Montt, the summers are comfortable and partly cloudy and the winters are cold, wet, and mostly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 39°F to 68°F and is rarely below 29°F or above 75°F. "
1593291462051.png

I brought up the demographics: "Demographics North Amerian Ex-pats 58 out of 245K".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Montt

DYODD , You already know Spanish which would be a plus.
Best of Luck

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Is Sayles still on the internet ?
I haven't got to hear him since he got into a tiff with Alfred Adask over Sovereign Tactics and Al dropped him from his webcasts.
looks like his last entry is 2017, other than that, I can't find anything.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
SE Asia is really crowded although I am sure you can find some rural properties there to get away from the masses. The Philippines has 7000 islands. You can probably find one thats acceptable to settle down.

If money is no object than Cayman Islands or some other islands in the caribbean would probably fit the bill.

So America has lots of good places to go. Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay and Chile. You will have earthquake and volcanos to deal with so choose carefully.. Also try to avoid the gringo prices. Nothing pisses off the locals more than gringos coming in and driving up the cost of living for them. If you have a decent chunk of money set aside consider a rural property in those locations. You might just be able to take early retirement. Buy a small farm and produce for the local community or start a small business and create jobs..

As this Covid stuff gets worse it's nice to be out on a rural property. I barely notice the rest of the world.

This couple travels all over the world and talks about the costs in each location. You might be able to find some info in there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi69g_TePyU9Hy69xmMkwuQ

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The Philippines has 7000 islands. You can probably find one thats acceptable to settle down.
About one-third of the islands in P.I. are controlled by radical Muslims, becareful.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I think you got it right, here. :2 thumbs up::thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2:
It's called New World Order (NWO) !
The Bush Dy-Nasty loves it !!!

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
About one-third of the islands in P.I. are controlled by radical Muslims, becareful.
About 1/2-2/3rd of US cities are controlled by radicals marxists. You have to be careful regardless of where you are. :)
When I was in Cagayan De Oro they were supposedly all over the place on the south side of the island. Lots of ex pats live there and have no issues. The place is to warm for my liking. Someplace in the Andes would suit me fine.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
But I'm beginning to think that if we don't win here then the communists won't stop in America. They will go for a global government in which there would be no easy escape.
Coming sooner than any of us would wish...
2 essential items for the global citizenry...a spare mast and a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on the bow...

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

What do you guys think?
What does survivalist James Rawles say? Something like I would rather die fighting with a rifle here then on my knees in a ditch with a bullet to the back of my head in a foreign country. You will be an outsider, rich maybe but still outsider. Besides what happened to “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for youask what you can do for your country.” Why do we admire our founding fathers? BTW the extremist today are trying hard to erase their images for a reason.

Sorry jmhofwiw

LarsonLarsen

Seeker
Seeker
Seems like the majority of the country is being groomed to phase out those of us who would think that way. Already being made to feel like an outsider if you don't conform to a certain mindset.

I loved Thailand. It was our first international travel. The feeling of being completely anonymous was liberating. Of course a country ran by military junta probably ins't the greatest to move to, but we spent a month there and came away wanting more. Exchange rate was pretty decent. Dollars went far but they'll definitely go further elsewhere.

Japan was of course amazing but pretty expensive.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Problem with sailing is pirates. Yes, they're out there. Also you can't carry a gun in some jurisdictions.

Other countries are a great idea, but if the SHTF and you aren't a 'local' you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

I know people who lived over seas and decided to leave before it got bad. White folks aren't brown enough.

Good luck.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
isn't the vibrant machete threat priced in? has the free market law of price discovery been repealed for travelers?

safe white country -- tough entry, high price

dangerous vibrant country -- easy entry, low price

not unlike moving to south texas or detroit/baltimore . cheap all day long......if you dont mind vibrants with weapons and bad intentions

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
The problem I have with expatiating is no gun rights, and a lot of countries are more dangerous than they were decades ago. Even the US is more dangerous. Not disarming at this time.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
We talked about the same thing 2 weeks ago. Figure we can hit cash out with a nice nest egg and move to New Zealand.
those kinds of countries have onerous qualifications and HIGH prices for real estate and cost of living, no?

are you already a british subject -- canadian, aussie, etc? that might help

Last edited:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
for me family is a issue....my children are both world travelers and extremely independant in all regards....but i see the comming need to help and deal with my parents as they age while they are currently independant in all reguards ...they are in their 80s and i feel a obligation to be there for them when a need develops......maybe after that obligation is over

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
for me family is a issue....my children are both world travelers and extremely independant in all regards....but i see the comming need to help and deal with my parents as they age while they are currently independant in all reguards ...they are in their 80s and i feel a obligation to be there for them when a need develops......maybe after that obligation is over
yup. have to take them too

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Czech republic or poland for me. Id prefer to hang out with white folk, where I can grow some weed.

I am good with the wet winters, after lving in SE Colorado, anything would be an improvement.

It fucking sucks man. Im too old for this shit.

Maybe ill just move to iowa,

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Czech republic or poland for me. Id prefer to hang out with white folk, where I can grow some weed.

I am good with the wet winters, after lving in SE Colorado, anything would be an improvement.

It fucking sucks man. Im too old for this shit.

Maybe ill just move to iowa,
still many places in the middle of america. the coasts are over. colo is a shame -- mix of cali goons, mexicans, dc vipers -- getting it from all sides

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Colorado is a piece of shit, thats for sure!

If I didnt have several million tied up in inherited farm ground, id be gone for sure.

Will still be gone, its a process.

Everything I own is for sale.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Wallow wouldnt buy my house, its too far from the dr.

shit

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Colorado is a piece of shit, thats for sure!

If I didnt have several million tied up in inherited farm ground, id be gone for sure.

Will still be gone, its a process.

Everything I own is for sale.
stay the hell away from south and east texas. there are some good areas of tx -- mid and west-ish. the rest is toast

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I like alpine and Ft davis myself, it doesnt get too hot.

Or cold.
alpine is nyc/dc viper outpost, no? remember reading about that when they took out scalia

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
yea I think the place is fucked. They got him outside of Marfa.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
We talked about the same thing 2 weeks ago. Figure we can hit cash out with a nice nest egg and move to New Zealand.
NZ has already been infected by the communists

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Fuck these Zionist, communists assholes. They're not forcing me out of my country. That's simply not going to happen!!