• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Nebraska is in terrible trouble

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
That demonic hurricane-thing-bomb has devastated whole towns.

Lookit (hope this works): Shitdamnhell.

Somebody please make this stack of pics work I took out the left [ bracket so you could see: MEDIA=imgur]NMKkope[/MEDIA]

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
What?

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
they might get a couple of billion. it's no fake superstorm sandy....which raped taxpayers for 40+ billion (and counting)

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It is a link with many pictures of drowned towns (23 towns, I think) In New Braska.

Get clever-er than me and make the fargin link work, OK? Or just use the fargin thing.

jiikoo

Seeker
Seeker
the quilty part? "A dam on the Niobrara collapsed and gave way to massive flooding of the region. "

If true no wonder about the blackout.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
of course they are not getting any attention,

they are white hard working fly over people,

so yeah, won't even make the comic pages
Yep. I remember a few years back when the Red River flooded the hell out of a lot of people in North Dakota, in the middle of bitterly cold winter.
Not a fuckin' peep out of the state run media. I truly hate those bastards.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My prayers go out to all those affected people!

Why, in today's day and age are these cities still existing in flood-plains?

Not bagging on anyone but why would they bother to rebuild in the same flood-plain that wiped them out time and time again?
Is there hope it won't happen again?

I've witnessed people gobble up houses newly built in flood zones
Our leadership is seriously flawed and the sheep seem to be oblivious

That doesn't mean I'm not sympathetic to their plight, just curious why, in a year or two, these places will be re-occupied and re-built

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I'm shocked but people are waking up. Even libs on my FB page are posting about it and the fact that media isn't covering it.
Sure, the liberal media see it but it doesn't fit into their global warming models so it's easier to brush under the rug. This is just what happens when the glaciers recede in the real world. The run-of-the-mill, echo chamber, FB liberals can't even connect the dots.

Most of the major flooding is a couple hundred miles from me on the Iowa, Nebraska border but smaller examples are all around here in east central Iowa.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
What's causing the flooding?

Thought it was winter and snowing?
It's the 'unspring'. Heavy snow in Coloradoo and Wyoming, and Western Nebraska. Everything is full and what is coming down rivers are torrents of water and huge ice breakaways. In Lincoln, we are very near an all time recordable snowfall for the year. Too much water with nowhere to go. Nebraska has more mileage in waterways than any other state, they are incredibly overburdened. If you subscribe to it being the fault of building in flood plains then the entire state is guilty. The water and ice is destroying dams, bridges, and roads by the hundreds. We've been discussing this at work. It may take years to fully recover.
The media is so fixated on their agendas the whole episode is being passed over. Disappointed Trump isn't paying any attention.
The only upside to the timing of this is no crops are being destroyed. This is a lot bigger thing than what is being put out in the media. But, you know, I need to hear more Beto crapola.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
yep Rollie,

it is the plains,
those floods up in the dakotas awhile back had the same issue,

alot of water all trying to go to the same place at the same time,

please keep us abreast of further intel,
I for one appreciate it and wish you all the best

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It's the 'unspring'. Heavy snow in Coloradoo and Wyoming, and Western Nebraska. Everything is full and what is coming down rivers are torrents of water and huge ice breakaways. In Lincoln, we are very near an all time recordable snowfall for the year. Too much water with nowhere to go. Nebraska has more mileage in waterways than any other state, they are incredibly overburdened. If you subscribe to it being the fault of building in flood plains then the entire state is guilty. The water and ice is destroying dams, bridges, and roads by the hundreds. We've been discussing this at work. It may take years to fully recover.
The media is so fixated on their agendas the whole episode is being passed over. Disappointed Trump isn't paying any attention.
The only upside to the timing of this is no crops are being destroyed. This is a lot bigger thing than what is being put out in the media. But, you know, I need to hear more Beto crapola.
Stay safe. You're in my families thoughts!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
‘It is just all gone!’ Deadly ice jam destroys Spencer Dam and nearby highway – Cattle stranded on small inlets in Platte River in rural Nebraska

Deadly flood waters in central Nebraska took its vengeance on the Niobrara River and surrounding areas early Thursday morning. Overwhelming ice and water breached the Spencer Dam and Highway 281 bridge just south of Spencer at approximately 5:30 a.m. Meanwhile, cows are stranded on small islands in the middle of the Platte River in flooded central Nebraska.

Spencer dam break destroyed everything on its path in Nebraska. Picture by Terry Miles
During the early morning hours of March 14, 2019 the Spencer Dam was compromised causing the Niobrara Bridge approximately 23 miles north of O’Neill to fail. All emergency personnel in Boyd and Holt Counties were activated.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
But why were their Christmas lights still up?
hell.........those are celebration lights......turn em on for......all holidays......why take them down and put them up when you can just wire them to a switch......we (midwesterners) also shoot fireworks on about every holiday...........and parades woooo hooo any excuse to get the horses,wagons and tractors out......its how the rural working bunch celebrate and relax after working hard and paying taxes

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
hell.........those are celebration lights......turn em on for......all holidays......why take them down and put them up when you can just wire them to a switch......we (midwesterners) also shoot fireworks on about every holiday...........and parades woooo hooo any excuse to get the horses,wagons and tractors out......its how the rural working bunch celebrate and relax after working hard and paying taxes
That and it's not worth risking life and limb climbing ladders set in ice and crawling around on snow covered roofs just to get some lights down.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Missouri getting it now. Hang in there folks!

Jarrod32

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Frozen ground unable to absorb any water. Frozen rivers and creeks not flowing as fast as they should. Then the rains started filling the creeks and rivers, they filled up faster than otherwise. Then the ice started breaking loose. Ice jams and ice flows can cause a boatload of damage, including slowing the flow and backing up the water. Our house is pretty much destroyed, and we were nowhere near an identified flood plane when we bought. First pic is Wednesday last week, just as the water was starting to rise. The second is Friday night, taken by someone in town. The two mailboxes to the right? The second one is ours.
FB_IMG_1553112224109.jpg
FB_IMG_1553111177704.jpg

After the floodwaters had receded on Monday evening...
FB_IMG_1553111801029.jpg

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
^^^^^^^^
Wow! Godspeed Jarrod, hope all works out with minimal damage.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I do advocate for assistance for those that lose property due to not being allowed to buy flood insurance due to not being in a identified flood plane

Last edited:

Jarrod32

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
W
How can we help you, Jarrod32? I mean really hate to see people going through crappy times.
Thank you...I really do appreciate the offer. But we're gonna be all right. We have a couple cards up our sleeve...some savings, some assets. We have many friends and relatives ready to help as well. This will certainly set us back, but we'll be fine. There are many in much worse shape. If you want to help, find your favorite charity and give through them. Thank you though. This is a great online community.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Godspeed, my friend!

W

Thank you...I really do appreciate the offer. But we're gonna be all right. We have a couple cards up our sleeve...some savings, some assets. We have many friends and relatives ready to help as well. This will certainly set us back, but we'll be fine. There are many in much worse shape. If you want to help, find your favorite charity and give through them. Thank you though. This is a great online community.
Your post speaks volumes to your character.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
God Speed, I meant nothing to anyone who suffers from these natural phenomenon events, but in some pictures, there are hills all around
Just because the water is in the low lands doesn't mean the houses need to be but, continued below

I see failure in this video, human failure

Attempting to control nature doesn't imply the ability to control nature

Man, made these devices, to help mankind, but man is full of shit on occasion and needs to account for this fact BEFORE proceeding with hair-brained ideas of the kind, where man believes he can contain nature, and tell all the others it's O>K> to buy and build on this property

Not everyone can own a house on the hill nor sand bag their property to become an island in a small sea of uncontrollable water flow

My heart to those who've lost, my rage towards those who told others it'll all be o.k., you can build here and guess what, there's no one to insure you, good luck

WTF? anyone else see this?

This is what would be called a Preventable Incident, and yet, I'll continue to tell you all, some people died

shit heads...

I don't know anymore how to not be mad at anyone...
people died because there isn't enough 'high ground'???
WTF

my head doesn't compute

and I'm NOT hating
but, be real

and send a few bucks to those who need it and blah blah blah
You WILL all be willing to help, but to those who are stuck, it won't come soon enough, we all know, , ,

Where are the Libertarians?

see the reality I'm spelling out?
and yes, it's always the right time because we DO help one another and we DO adapt

sorry brothers and sisters

WWG1WGA
and I'm sinking, no shit

man t hat hurt

and the story isn't done, it's everywhere, all around us, taking nature for granted, taking other humans for granted, for profit, towards death, to death, achieving that objective and NOT being held responsible

Blessings, All!!!

done, that hurt

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
W

Help us out Jarrod, what is needed most? There are collection points all over Lincoln and our church is bringing in a semi trailer to collect. We have lists but maybe you have some insight they don't.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Buck,
I don't know that this is a time to point fingers. Things happened, some circumstances, that are pretty unusual that led to a lot of flooding and damage. It was a perfect storm, I don't know that anyone is to blame for it. We do the best we can with what we have. 100 year storms do happen. Earthquakes, tornado's etc.

Jarrod32

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Help us out Jarrod, what is needed most? There are collection points all over Lincoln and our church is bringing in a semi trailer to collect. We have lists but maybe you have some insight they don't.
I don't know that I have any special insight. I suspect your lists are reasonably accurate. Water, laundry facilities, maybe pillows? I'm not sure what the various shelters have or need. Maybe Pillows? Blankets? Soap or shampoo?
Like I mentioned, we are blessed...staying with friends. We have a bed to sleep in, food to eat, laundry and shower facilities. I don't think everyone is that fortunate. But I really don't know what is needed.

Hystckndle

CONFORMADAPTKICKSOMEASS!!!
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Frozen ground unable to absorb any water. Frozen rivers and creeks not flowing as fast as they should. Then the rains started filling the creeks and rivers, they filled up faster than otherwise. Then the ice started breaking loose. Ice jams and ice flows can cause a boatload of damage, including slowing the flow and backing up the water. Our house is pretty much destroyed, and we were nowhere near an identified flood plane when we bought. First pic is Wednesday last week, just as the water was starting to rise. The second is Friday night, taken by someone in town. The two mailboxes to the right? The second one is ours. View attachment 126601 View attachment 126602
After the floodwaters had receded on Monday evening...
View attachment 126603
Nice house, well built.
Did the water get above the 1st floor level above the basement ?
Is that a basement ? Cannot see well on cell phone.
Foundation damage you think ?
That is a lot of water.
Glad you are safe and thanks for checking in.
Regards,

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
J32 our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and friends....

It’s so wet there and so dry here and we are not that far apart....

I still hope you get a garden in this year but obviously that’s not a priority right now....

Have you heard of any looting?....I’m thinking that there’s not to many meth heads anywhere in Nebraska...