• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Need Help With A "Rate Thread" Problem

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Some one rated the R.T.M. ~ Frontrunning ~ 3rd Ed., Vol.22 ~ May 29th - April 2nd thread with 4 stars. Was curious who rated it. Was a bit shocked to find out it was me.

I was under the impression a thread starter could not rate their own thread. And truth be told I haven't rated too many threads and I sure as shit wouldn't rate my own thread. Simply not kosher.

Any way to find out how this happened and who is pretending to be me?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I was under the impression a thread starter could not rate their own thread.
I just checked a thread I started and the option to rate it was there. Check your other threads. Is there option to rate available? If so, is it possible you inadvertently did it yourself somehow?

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I have the thread rating turned on, and it is probably set to also rate your own threads,

Would have to go looking, but always left that on the honor system.

Regardless, just as you can unlike a post after giving a like, you might be able to pull your rating.

Don't know without getting further into it.

As for someone else pretending, far as I know, that is not possible

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
you might be able to pull your rating.
Tried it. Got down to 1 star and wouldn't go any lower. Put it back to where it was.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
confusing? Nah, just incomprehensible...

ya know, search, i am just amazed (and thankful) of your energy level. no one at gim is more prolific posting, and that takes time and energy. Normally, I'm suspicious of that secondary to time involved in posting with morons attempting to "indoctrinate" us. After much exposure, i believe you are a real human being with an interest in providing content, education and awareness. Which is excellent. This is just a thank you for all the time you utilize to help educate us. I certainly appreciate it.

Last edited:

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm one of those oddballs that doesn't use a mouse, I use a thumbwheel. The buttons are really sensitive and I often find myself "clicking" on things I never intended to simply because my fingers rest on the unit or when I put my hand on the unit. I've ended up in weird places on the interwebz and have found bizarre options in software due to this.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
went and checked at xenforo about removing a singular rating,

not possible without some paid programming,

it is either on or off,

as stated, the only other option is to turn it off for members to rate their own threads if I remember right

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
I'm one of those oddballs that doesn't use a mouse, I use a thumbwheel. The buttons are really sensitive and I often find myself "clicking" on things I never intended to simply because my fingers rest on the unit or when I put my hand on the unit. I've ended up in weird places on the interwebz and have found bizarre options in software due to this.
This is what you tell the wife? It wasn't me it was my track balls! LOL

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Was a bit shocked to find out it was me.

Simply not kosher.
Search I feel the same way. I post from a small phone and accidentally rated a thread of mine late last night while scrolling down with my off thumb.

Went to unrate it, realized i couldn't, felt awful.

Just thought i would come clean before someone noticed and thought i was a tooting my own horn.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Just thought i would come clean before someone noticed and thought i was a tooting my own horn.
Who knows - maybe I rated it without realizing I did it? And like you I don't want any one thinking I was tooting my own horn.

One thing fwiw - If I rate a thread it's 5 stars or nothing. Will not low rate anyone's thread. Simply not how I roll.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Any 5 star threads of mine are not horn tooting either.