• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

New Person, Introducing Myself

Hey,

I didn't know that this community existed until a few days ago. I used to be a regular on the TheDailyPaul when that was still a place. I'm married with three kids and I work in the precious metals space. I actually found this site because some visitors from here went to my business site so I decided to check it out. I'd say which business it is but I'd rather not self-promote.

You will probably see me post from time to time if I feel like I have something to add. We are sure living in crazy times.

- Roguebeekeeper

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Welcome aboard RBK, enjoy your stay!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Welcome in RBK!

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
A big welcome to you!
Are u a bee keeper?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Loan me money

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Welcome to the Den my friend. We can always use a new brother in these uncertain times.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Welcome Roguebeekeeper. There is a great community here. I have learned a lot and also had a lot of fun here.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Welcome bee keeper...

What sort of work in the PM space do you do?

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I am involved with Goldbacks. It's a start-up with like 5 employees so I wear a lot of hats. If there is interest then I'll have to post about it later.
Couple points...firstly - we dont allow commercial proselytizing - so keep that in mind...

Secondly - I trust you are aware that the US .gov doesnt take kindly to competition...the guy that started Liberty dollar got beat up pretty bad by them...

Having said that - great idea...I wish you well with your endeavor...

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
we dont allow commercial proselytizing
however, we do allow alcohol consumption, keeping with social distancing, I'd say, you can have as many or as few as you like!

Welcome Aboard, the gangplank goes down into the water because one of us sunk the 'club' last year...most don't believe in masks here, however, for your convenience, masks are to the right, donation box to the left

:beer:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
don't loan your van to smooth

you can't trust muttons

there is a bear around somewhere, guard your picanic basket

Couple points...firstly - we dont allow commercial proselytizing - so keep that in mind...

Secondly - I trust you are aware that the US .gov doesnt take kindly to competition...the guy that started Liberty dollar got beat up pretty bad by them...

Having said that - great idea...I wish you well with your endeavor...
First, not here to commercially proselyte. I didn't bring it up until I was asked.

Second, the guy that started Liberty Dollar was looking for a fight. He ran an MLM and would sell a $4 piece of silver for $10 then teach people to spend it as a ten dollar silver piece to unsuspecting people.

Watch it from 4 minutes on. He literally passes off his Liberty dollar as a $10 piece of money to a bunch of black ladies.

Even with all that it took them 7 years to shut it down.

We set up Goldback in a way to avoid their mistakes. I'm not going to live as a coward and not do anything about our crappy money.

however, we do allow alcohol consumption, keeping with social distancing, I'd say, you can have as many or as few as you like!

Welcome Aboard, the gangplank goes down into the water because one of us sunk the 'club' last year...most don't believe in masks here, however, for your convenience, masks are to the right, donation box to the left

:beer:
Thank you!

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
First, not here to commercially proselyte. I didn't bring it up until I was asked.

Second, the guy that started Liberty Dollar was looking for a fight. The ran an MLM and would sell a $4 piece of silver for $10 then teach people to spend it as a ten dollar silver piece to unsuspecting people.

Watch it from 4 minutes on. He literally passes off his Liberty dollar as a $10 piece of money to a bunch of black ladies.

Don't let SB scare ya, he's just doing his job. He's really a great guy. Looks to me like all the rules have been laid out effectively and we can move forward.

So RBK, what do you think of Q?

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Don't let SB scare ya, he's just doing his job. He's really a great guy. Looks to me like all the rules have been laid out effectively and we can move forward.

So RBK, what do you think of Q?
Alex Jones did a show on "Q" that I saw. If I can find it then I'll link it.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
welcome.....

this site has very good and knowledgeable people on it with very strong opinions so expect banter..confrontation...comradre....very little is assumed and accepted at facevalue without question....so thick skin and humor is required :)

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Welcome.
This joint has everything from drop-dead serious astronomers to crazy-train stackers.
Hey ! I resemble that.
WELCOME RBK, Come for the information sharing, stay for the nutty stuff.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Welcome aboard B-keeper. Unh look out for the pot holes.
And — visit the tavern for a smoke.

BF

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Second, the guy that started Liberty Dollar was looking for a fight. He ran an MLM and would sell a $4 piece of silver for $10 then teach people to spend it as a ten dollar silver piece to unsuspecting people.

We set up Goldback in a way to avoid their mistakes. I'm not going to live as a coward and not do anything about our crappy money.
You folks have given Strawboss's drift at little thought at least.

From your site -
"We liked the name “Goldback” but we were reluctant to use it because we thought that it might be too close to “Greenback”. This goes to show how nervous we were about the possible negative repercussions of making the product at the time. As the weeks went by, Larry put the pressure on us to get the name done so we could start the trademarking process. I asked my brother-in-law Braxton, what he would name the currency and described it to him. I didn’t give him any of the ideas. Immediately he said “Goldback”. For me that was the tipping point for that name.

We put a lot of research and effort with our lawyers into making sure that the Goldback is 100% legal."

Welcome to a great site with a collection of the brilliant to the odd, not sure who is who sometimes.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Glad you found us worthy...

Welcome to the crazy

If you need help just ask!

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well that seems completely ridiculous. I‘ll take my gold stamped into coins please.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I am involved with Goldbacks. It's a start-up with like 5 employees so I wear a lot of hats. If there is interest then I'll have to post about it later.
start a thread and sell it with everything you've got. deep and wide knowledge here -- we'll flame the idiocy and possibly help with suggestions. all you have to do is contribute to the cause when we have our annual fundraiser

Last edited:

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
looks like the paper is the physical gold...i notice apmex etc sells them as bullion
the paper has gold flake on it? if so, wonder about the premium over spot

hopefully the new member will hit us with all of the pertinent details

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
the paper has gold flake on it? if so, wonder about the premium over spot

hopefully the new member will hit us with all of the pertinent details
i guess you could melt 20 of the 50s and have a oz of 24k gold......i am just the kind of guy to do that being as suspicious as i am ...LOL....but with the premium that would be a quick way to lose ~$1300 as i see it ...ouch

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Welcome Stormy223

I prefer .308 myself but to each their own :hunt:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yup. My community in Utah is pretty nice.
yes Sir , great people make great communities..

some of my ancestors

Lillian was my grandmother.

Those are my grandpas. Each one had 3-9 wives.

i am related to everyone in Utah.

Howdy Cuz.

52C70D4D-6132-4DA2-AD69-9035B7FDA19F.jpeg

start a thread and sell it with everything you've got. deep and wide knowledge here -- we'll flame the idiocy and possibly help with suggestions. all you have to do is contribute to the cause when we have our annual fundraiser
I didn't come here to sell Goldbacks. As it is right now it is difficult to keep Goldbacks in stock. We can only make so many per month through Valaurum because of capacity issues. What we found is that for every $1 we put into advertising we would see nearly $100 worth of Goldbacks sold. That said we stopped advertising until we can build up our inventory again. It is a good problem to have but it is still a problem.

That said I'd be interesting in getting some feedback on them at some point. I'll have to make a thread on it next week or something. Right now I am working on my write-up for why the Goldback isn't like the Liberty Dollar. There are only so many communities online that would be interested in circulating physical gold currencies at all anyway.

It is nice to be in a space that isn't too heavily censored or overrun with communists. Thanks for having me!