• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

#NotMySuperBowl

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
and
I didn't see a single snowflake during the entire game:2 thumbs up:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
When a game is decided on a coin flip something is truly wrong with the system. I lost any interest in the NFL after that BS and I didn't care who won.

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Well, this comeback was one of the most exciting in NFL history.
It was amazing to watch.
A bunch of records broken.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well I had BIG FUN with dear friends, ate waaaayyy too much and nodded off in the late 4th quarter. I had my fill of football a long, long ago and I can be counted as NOT a fan of the the game. Nevertheless, my friends are fans (their interest is also diminishing) and the super bowl is an annually scheduled event for fellowship, feasting and fun. I will admit that I wanted the Falcons to win. And I think Gaga was "well behaved". Would like to see her do her "vintage hollywood" thing sometime.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Well I had BIG FUN with dear friends, ate waaaayyy too much and nodded off in the late 4th quarter. I had my fill of football a long, long ago and I can be counted as NOT a fan of the the game. Nevertheless, my friends are fans (their interest is also diminishing) and the super bowl is an annually scheduled event for fellowship, feasting and fun. I will admit that I wanted the Falcons to win. And I think Gaga was "well behaved". Would like to see her do her "vintage hollywood" thing sometime.
I reserve that for Daytona myself. Although Nascar's come a long sad way from 'race it on Sunday, buy it on Monday'

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
PATRIOTS - Fall into a Pile of SH!T and Come out Smelling like a Rose. :spring:

FALCONS - Swimming in a pool of tits came out sucking their thumb. :bang head:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
all credit from me to both teams,

Brady only had 2 losses and 2 interceptions all year until this game, and added a INT

so much hate going on where he is not recognized for how great he is. Can't stand the patriots but all kudos to him for sure.

Outstanding player

No matter to me that everyone says atlanta lost the game, as I contend they did well, just ran into someone who was just that 'bit' better when it mattered.

That catch over the middle was insane by Edelman?

That strip sack of Ryan at the perfect time,

Or that sack of Ryan followed by a holding penalty to back them out of field goal range.

What a game

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Like IRONS Said - The Russians Hacked it. :band player 4:

Last edited:

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
When Freeney and Bennett got their helmets stuck together was just plain strange.
When does that happen ?

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, It happens just not that often.
I've dealt with it in Pee-Wee / Parks & Rec.

When two come together just right the face mask bars will pinch through the other's spacing.
Ref. separated the helmets real quickly once off the heads.
Torque & Pull

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I ain't into saying there is a grand conspiracy but this is my experience. Left game at start of OT (had to get kids home in bed). Wife driving so I immeduately pull up ESPN live play by play animated app and watch the plays unfold. Mind you OT had not even started by time in was in vehicle. I notice at the time Brady's stat line said 466 yards. The OT starts and I start taking in the scoring drive. Each completed pass never changed his yardage total. The drive home from as about 10minutes at which time they scored. How was it ESPN had his 466 yardage total in the stat book prior to OT even starting??

nowon

Seeker
Seeker
And then there's the financial motivation they have to counter bad PR and decreasing ratings caused by the brain trauma cases/news and from the public displays started Colin Kaepernick. Not saying that they juiced the game like the WWE does, but.....

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
How was it ESPN had his 466 yardage total in the stat book prior to OT even starting??
because it wasn't real time, it was delayed programming

my daughter had the same issue as we were speaking at the time........don't tell me, don't tell me, it isn't up on my screen yet......

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
because it wasn't real time, it was delayed programming my daughter had the same issue as we were speaking at the time........don't tell me, don't tell me, it isn't up on my screen yet......
I'm with Scorp. on this.
This household runs DSL for internet, and the kids got the WWE network.
Their cousin lives even further from town but has TWC/Spectrum Cable for internet.
They all love to watch PPV and chat or group talk during the PPVs.
Cuz. gets the PPV about two minutes faster. Sometimes he spills the beans OR he'll say 'Watch this is gonna be good".
So there are technology slow downs.

Also Southeast Conference now has its own network ran by ESPN.
Local radio has the Anchor Contract for radio broadcasts.

The radio broadcast is always 1 -1.30 minutes ahead of TV.

When I was a kid and the REDS were playing (always on radio) sometimes on TV. I could turn the TV announcers ( Al Michaels)way down LOW, and listen to Waite Hoyt and Joe Nuxhall, and when Waite retired Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall. The radio and TV broadcasts were dam_ near perfectly insinc. except commercials.

NO CAN DO in this "Modern Age".

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

In case any of you folks from other parts of the country don't fully understand the 'Roger that' line. The commercial above aired locally in Boston right after the Super Bowl and was a followup to the original one below, which was first aired in October '16 at the beginning of the season. They appear to be identical but watch them both (bottom one first) and you'll get the full effect. I love it when a plan comes together and I love the way this guy always comes out a winner.

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

In case any of you folks from other parts of the country don't fully understand the 'Roger that' line. The commercial above aired locally in Boston right after the Super Bowl and was a followup to the original one below, which was first aired in October '16 at the beginning of the season. They appear to be identical but watch them both (bottom one first) and you'll get the full effect. I love it when a plan comes together and I love the way this guy always comes out a winner.

Just like the Hulkster. Need a face and a heel.