• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Numis

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
NGC says $1100 for good
This one is Detailed so, bullion plus numismatic value minus damage

I'd rather buy a lower grade coin over a Detailed Coin

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Buck gave you good advice. Melt, plus maybe 10% over melt for numismatic premium. Word of advice is that you take a bath trying to sell so you should procure as close to melt as possible.

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The market for collectible Numis has been down more than 60 percent? I understand when u try to sell u won't get much above the melt until the sentiment for collectibles changes?
is the Numis market throwing in the towel because I am seeing the rarity being sold. I don't know

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The market for collectible Numis has been down more than 60 percent? I understand when u try to sell u won't get much above the melt until the sentiment for collectibles changes?
is the Numis market throwing in the towel because I am seeing the rarity being sold. I don't know
I'm not sure what rarity you're referring to but IIRC, there have been some high prices paid, lately, for some really nice coins

As far as regular people numismatics, those coins that don't cost an arm, two legs, first born child, the coins I collect, the value has been dropping for several years and I couldn't be more happier. I'm picking up coins that people are discarding, like worthless beanie babies, for 50¢ on the dollar when compared to 10 years ago.

I'm also glad to say, not everything I got 10 years ago has dropped in price. There are plenty that have remained stagnant, neither going up or down, within a range of about 5%.

I'll also add, I've been able to flip for a profit but lately the buyers are kinda drying up

Right now, as a buyer, I'm grabbing the low hanging fruit until it's all gone because one day it will be, and the premiums will come back, and the spot price will rise and someone will be interested in what I've got in my fruit basket