• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

OK, is this legit or bullschiff ??

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
That's another thing I've sworn off of....predictions based on symbolic dates. In fact, I firmly believe that nothing significant will happen on the Ides of March

NOW yer trying to reverse-psych the flow of history. ;)

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
NOW yer trying to reverse-psych the flow of history. ;)
This is from the days of Our Founding Fathers. It took 33 days for voting, ( Nov.4 - Dec.7). Then the EC votes counted. Originally the Highest EC vote count was named President, and the second highest Vice-President.
The Inauguration is customarily held 72-78 days after the election.
Since the election is now (supposedly) one day, the first Tuesday in Nov. and NOT 30 days. I do not see the importance of March "Transaction".
But hell maybe something GOOD will come of this. IDK.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Originally the Highest EC vote count was named President, and the second highest Vice-President.
Here's a fun fact: Since President Truman was Vice-President when Roosevelt died in office, he assumed the office of President without a Vice-President from 1945 until 1949 when he was inaugurated for his second term with Alben Barkley as his new Vice-President. And this was during WWII.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
... Outside of the Julias/Brutus thing the Ides of March was a day to settle debts in ancient Rome so in many ways it would be more related to the modern central banks. The Ides of March was just one of 4 days if I remember right, to settle debts in ancient Rome.

On the Julias/Brutus thing, that is when the REPUBLIC of Rome died and soon afterward under Octavius (Augustus) Rome became a dictatorship. Hopefully not a bit of that rhyming history stuff.

Except that, not only does history rhyme, but it is cyclical/seasonal:

The Fourth Turning, is caused by, or at least indicated by, the COMPLETE JETTISONING OF MORALITY.

For a society to function, there has to be some basic level of trust. Man is evil. Man lies. But socialization from infancy, is partly to stress integrity and virtue - honorable dealings and truth-telling. Later, as adults, there is, or was, legal punishment for deceit - but those are to REINFORCE personal morality, not force it.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Here's a fun fact: Since President Truman was Vice-President when Roosevelt died in office, he assumed the office of President without a Vice-President from 1945 until 1949 when he was inaugurated for his second term with Alben Barkley as his new Vice-President. And this was during WWII.

Those who understood the Constitution wouldn't be, were not, panicked. The Speaker of the House became second in line.

John Nance Garner, who was VP under Roosevelt (but didn't wait long enough for his turn, hence Truman) famously said, the office wasn't worth a bucket of warm schitt. And frankly that's true - although it's important just now, and just as we have someone completely unfit, holding that office.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Those who understood the Constitution wouldn't be, were not, panicked. The Speaker of the House became second in line.

John Nance Garner, who was VP under Roosevelt (but didn't wait long enough for his turn, hence Truman) famously said, the office wasn't worth a bucket of warm schitt. And frankly that's true - although it's important just now, and just as we have someone completely unfit, holding that office.

Warm piss. ;)

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Warm piss. ;)

I remember the papers (I'd read reprints) quoted as "warm spit."

Well...what rhymes with "spit" and is warm, in a bucket, and useless?

He coulda said piss. Everyone who was there...isn't talking...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I remember the papers (I'd read reprints) quoted as "warm spit."

Well...what rhymes with "spit" and is warm, in a bucket, and useless?

He coulda said piss. Everyone who was there...isn't talking...

Here's another one that got changed by the history writers:

The reply by McAuliffe to the Germans at Bastogne: "Merde!" <-- Same answer as the remnants of the French at Waterloo.

"Merde!" Was fitting, totally understood by the Krauts, but no way could that particular, pungent word*** be circulated in print. So we have the iconic, "Nuts!"

***Remember -- this was a time when Clark Gable said the daring GWTW phrase, "Frankly, lady, I don't give a damn." and the audiences gasped.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Thanks be unto walt, I didn't know that. "Nuts" just never made sense in that context

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Thanks be unto walt, I didn't know that. "Nuts" just never made sense in that context

Obscured and mis-reported historic events are a hobby of mine. If you will remember, in my novel "The Bat and Balloon War -- An Alternate History of WWII" I wrote the truth about MacArthur:

He was a useless POS who caused the Philippines to be a disaster for the US. He disobeyed direct orders to implement Plan Orange. So every plane under his command was destroyed on the ground, and the troops on the defense line had no food or medical backup. <-- This caused a great many deaths on the Bataan March due to weakened condition.

He received $10,000 per day from the president of the Philippines deposited in a bank in New York for every day his troops held out.

When Dugout Doug became bugout Doug, he left Maj. Gen. King, Jr. holding the bag... MacArthur blocked King's nomination for the MOH out of spite. <-- TINS -- It seems MacArthur thought Hing could have held out about two more days (another $20K in the bank) and he gave direct orders over the radio to hold out.
"On April 9, 1942, Major General Edward P. King Jr. surrenders at Bataan, Philippines—against General Douglas MacArthur’s orders..."

The first pictures of him coming ashore from the landing craft had to be reshot. He wanted to walk in water to get to shore, and the first time the boat just ran up on the beach.

He never let anyone take a photo of him from above.

He had candy bars made with "I Shall Return - General MacArthur" wrappers. Not: "We".

He actually avoided US forces taking the island of Tsili-tsili because he did not want anyone connecting the odd name with him. TINS.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
And of course his famous stunt to try to prove he was bigger than the President.

Frankly he should have had his wings clipped far earlier.