• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Our next president

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
For those that don't want to spend 2 hrs listening, Ai and automation is coming by 2030. 25% work force reduction and all truckers are out of work by then. All the support jobs are also gone except probably truck mechanics. 3 1/2 million truckers will be out of work losing their 50-80k a year jobs but everyone is going to get 1000 a month in freedom payments or whatever term he had for them. Basic income of 1000 a month for everyone over 18.

No solution to deal with the job losses but lots of feel good political doublespeak.
A path to citizenship for illegals as long as they are productive. So we are going to lose 25% of the jobs to automation but he still wants illegals to take American jobs.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Thanks for the synopsis...

AI should reduce the cost of EVERYTHING making the cost of living much cheaper.

Manufacturers won't have to pay insurance, wages, no typical labor costs... wouldn't that cause prices to drop?

A basic income from taxing AI might prove to be advantageous.

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Look guys...I worked in the IT industry for many, many years. Dabbled in AI but mostly dealt with the datasets that AI will draw from...building data warehouses, datalakes and the plumbing to make it all work...

AI is the most serious threat to our species...bar none.

I left my career partly because of this conviction (along with the nefarious practices of my former employer). I do NOT want to be a party to what is coming (in my view).

AI is going to be devastating to our economy, way of life, financial system, etc...

You CAN NOT displace 80 million Americans from their jobs by 2030 - MANY of them middle income jobs - and not expect epochal ramifications in every aspect of our system.

For example - how are 80 million Americans - who on average have less than 10K in savings - gonna reinvent themselves into a new career (including requisite training which could take years) - while maintaining their current debt loads? Its a simple question with a really simple answer...they ARENT GONNA.

What happens to the financial system - including all of the bond markets and derivative markets - when these 80 million Americans are no longer servicing their debts?

Can you say "mother of all BOOMS"?

This isnt rocket science folks...

Its pretty simple and straightforward when you see things clearly...

Jesus Christ is the only true hope any of us really has - and the sooner your figure that truth out for yourself - the better peace of mind you will have as this shitstorm comes into focus...

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Look guys...I worked in the IT industry for many, many years. Dabbled in AI but mostly dealt with the datasets that AI will draw from...building data warehouses, datalakes and the plumbing to make it all work...

I left my career partly because of this conviction (along with the nefarious practices of my former employer). I do NOT want to be a party to what is coming (in my view).

AI is going to be devastating to our economy, way of life, financial system, etc...

You CAN NOT displace 80 million Americans from their jobs by 2030 - MANY of them middle income jobs - and not expect epochal ramifications in every aspect of our system.

For example - how are 80 million Americans - who on average have less than 10K in savings - gonna reinvent themselves into a new career (including requisite training which could take years) - while maintaining their current debt loads? Its a simple question with a really simple answer...they ARENT GONNA.

What happens to the financial system - including all of the bond markets and derivative markets - when these 80 million Americans are no longer servicing their debts?

Jesus Christ is the only true hope any of us really has - and the sooner your figure that truth out for yourself - the better peace of mind you will have as this shitstorm comes into focus...
With all due respect Straw, I would take the other side of your bets. People have been bemoaning the advance of technology since the invention of the wheel. And probably before that too.

And yet here we are with unemployment at record lows across all demographics. Anyone with the desire to work, is.

Any pause in the advance of human enterprise would be because of a stipend for the layabouts. Of course that would idle everyone... but only until the money runs out.

I'm all in.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Kisoks in fast food places are starting to wipe out lower wage jobs they were striking for 15.00 an hour for.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Not buying that all Truckers are out of work by 2030. Google cars are still running over pedestrians occasionally the last time I checked.
It’ll take decades just to get the long haul strictly interstate runs coordinated where there isn’t mass carnage.
No way LTL, Flatbed & Intermodal guys that drive around Chicago and other big cities all day are suddenly on the soup line and replaced by Apple Alexa.

I could see Airline pilots out of work before most truckers.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Not buying that all Truckers are out of work by 2030. Google cars are still running over pedestrians occasionally the last time I checked.
It’ll take decades just to get the long haul strictly interstate runs coordinated where there isn’t mass carnage.
No way LTL, Flatbed & Intermodal guys that drive around Chicago and other big cities all day are suddenly on the soup line and replaced by Apple Alexa.

I think he said they would basically go from west Pa to nevada or something and truckers would take over from there. Lots of short haul work. He said the same thing, these things aren't going to be able to navigate in cities yet.. They are about 98% there for the Long haul through the mid west though.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Thanks for the synopsis...

AI should reduce the cost of EVERYTHING making the cost of living much cheaper.

Manufacturers won't have to pay insurance, wages, no typical labor costs... wouldn't that cause prices to drop?

A basic income from taxing AI might prove to be advantageous.
do they ever drop prices? Apple manufactures and assembles in China and they still charge as if they are made in the US. Have to wait and see if prices drop.

I agree 100% Ai is very scary.
Can they really implement it by 2030? Who's going to be in control of all that shit?
How long before Ai says these humans are useless eaters?
There's probably 0 legislation right now so anyone can create an indestructible robot and take over the world.
The threat is real and never talked about. This is only 10 years away if they can implement it that quickly. Question is will they be able to do it that fast and what will the pushback be? There's a huge investment in Ai and they aren't going to let it go to waste so it's coming.

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Let me give you just 1 example of AI and automation...

Its called Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Its essentially a software robot that has the ability to "learn" how to process information the same way that a back office clerk would. Information comes in - whether in paper form that is scanned, or an online form that is filled out and the data fields are mapped to a database for further processing, or verbal information is transformed into words and then into data fields in a database.

In the banking/finance, insurance and healthcare fields - there are literally millions and millions of back office workers whose primary job is to process incoming information into inputs that a database can utilize.

Robotic Process Automation alone will eliminate approximately 10 million or so jobs...

And that is just 1 example...there are many, many more...

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Let me give you just 1 example of AI and automation...

Its called Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Its essentially a software robot that has the ability to "learn" how to process information the same way that a back office clerk would. Information comes in - whether in paper form that is scanned, or an online form that is filled out and the data fields are mapped to a database for further processing, or verbal information is transformed into words and then into data fields in a database.

In the banking/finance, insurance and healthcare fields - there are literally millions and millions of back office workers whose primary job is to process incoming information into inputs that a database can utilize.

Robotic Process Automation alone will eliminate approximately 10 million or so jobs...

And that is just 1 example...there are many, many more...

In his discussion with Hugo de Garis on Artificial Intelligence, Harry Blazer gave an impassioned description of our mysterious governance system on planet earth, the dangers that AI is belng used to implement central control and the risks this poses to life.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
I think he said they would basically go from west Pa to nevada or something and truckers would take over from there. Lots of short haul work. He said the same thing, these things aren't going to be able to navigate in cities yet.. They are about 98% there for the Long haul through the mid west though.
The trains loaded with containers already perform that service but I get where he’s going.
The guy doesn’t seem to have a lot of respect or knowledge of truckers if he thinks we’ll all start blocking the highways and pulling out assault rifles and going postal because we’re all uneducated ex military types that couldn’t handle losing our jobs.
I love the part where he says “Truckers” are already starting to lose it and block Tesla recharging stations ....Joe than says “Well that’s just guys with pick up trucks being dicks” and our presidential candidate says “Yeah, Truckers”.

Like in the Army for every one infantryman there’s seven serviceman who’s job it is to directly support him (engineers, transportation, signal, etc....) same with Drivers.
You start laying off drivers because the good folks at Google can attach a “brain” to a trailer and have it drive itself 1000 miles well suddenly your gonna have a whole spectrum of industries taking a hit. No need for tractors if you don’t need drivers. All the folks working at the Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner plants just got layed off. The “brain” doesnt need to pull into the truck stop and grab a subway and a coffee at 11pm ....start saying goodbye to a good chunk of those workers. Don’t need a lot of steer tires anymore ....cut a shift at all the tire plants. Fleet managers? Safety directors? No longer needed BYE!! Clerical people at all the trucking companies that handle benefits and logs ...no longer needed. All the tractor mechanics? Nope, most are no longer needed just mainly trailer mechanics. Parts? No need for tractor parts or all the gadgets that workers make for the tractors, computers, cb’s, radios, mattresses etc... not to mention the small army of law enforcement officials in each state who’s sole purpose is to pull over truckers and write tickets.

Give me my $2000 a month basic income and R2D2 is more than welcome to have my job. I’ll go hiking around Yosemite instead of spending my days cursing at crane operators at the 59th street railyard.

Bigfoot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
That's the funny thing, pilotless airliners (or, remotely piloted airliners) actually seem much more feasible. The military has successfully had full scale pilotless aircraft since the 1940s, and yet we aren't hearing the call for that like we are driverless cars and trucks. Even the degree to which trains are controlled remotely is pretty limited.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Ai and automation is coming by 2030. 25% work force reduction and all truckers are out of work by then. All the support jobs are also gone except probably truck mechanics. 3 1/2 million truckers will be out of work losing their 50-80k a year jobs
All that, and supposedly during a time that the gov will need more tax revenue than ever if it's to keep up with its obligations.

but everyone is going to get 1000 a month in freedom payments or whatever term he had for them. Basic income of 1000 a month for everyone over 18.
I still can't see how taxing robots that take peoples jobs can be done to a degree to pay everyone $1000/Month. At that price, it'd be cheaper to just keep the people.

After all, the whole point of automation/robots/AI is to make production cheaper. If all that happens is that huge taxes are levied, where's the savings?

No solution to deal with the job losses but lots of feel good political doublespeak.
It has to be like that. Sure, the doomers in society love hearin' about doom and gloom, but the majority of people just wanna hear how things are gonna be alright.

In other words, no one saying that the pain be comin' is gonna get elected. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

A path to citizenship for illegals as long as they are productive. So we are going to lose 25% of the jobs to automation but he still wants illegals to take American jobs.
If this "free" money thing ever really takes off, something will certainly have to be done about immigration.
....and I say "free" money because we already know it'll come with a price that's higher than the amount the check is made out for.

Somehow I don't think the presidency will survive beyond 2020.
What makes you think something like that?

Kisoks in fast food places are starting to wipe out lower wage jobs they were striking for 15.00 an hour for.
Those self-ordering kiosks suck. Unless there's more than 5 people in line, they can take longer to use than just waiting in line and ordering normally.

There's probably 0 legislation right now so anyone can create an indestructible robot and take over the world.
Then I would highly suggest being first on your block to own your own indestructible robot.
That way you can become your neighborhoods "friendly" overlord. Just be sure to program it to destroy any other indestructible robots as they are being built and you should be good to go.
....and I say "friendly" overlord because you'll be the only one thinking it's being friendly. lol

You start laying off drivers because the good folks at Google can attach a “brain” to a trailer and have it drive itself 1000 miles well suddenly your gonna have a whole spectrum of industries taking a hit. No need for tractors if you don’t need drivers. All the folks working at the Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner plants just got layed off. The “brain” doesnt need to pull into the truck stop and grab a subway and a coffee at 11pm ....start saying goodbye to a good chunk of those workers. Don’t need a lot of steer tires anymore ....cut a shift at all the tire plants. Fleet managers? Safety directors? No longer needed BYE!! Clerical people at all the trucking companies that handle benefits and logs ...no longer needed. All the tractor mechanics? Nope, most are no longer needed just mainly trailer mechanics. Parts? No need for tractor parts or all the gadgets that workers make for the tractors, computers, cb’s, radios, mattresses etc... not to mention the small army of law enforcement officials in each state who’s sole purpose is to pull over truckers and write tickets.
Yep, and we're gonna tax those robot truck drivers so much we'll be able to give everyone $1000/Month.

Everyone will just have to make sure to ignore the fact that considering population projections, by 2030 that alone would cost $3.6 trillion dollars. That roughly about how much the gov takes in taxes now.
....and they'll be needing to collect a whole lot more than that just to run the gov itself. Not to mention paying back Decades worth of borrowing from SS. All within the next 11 years. Riiiight. lol

Edited to add:...and considering the fact that no matter the tax rate, the gov only ever collects in taxes about 18% of gdp. That means to collect enough to pay $1000/Month plus pay back SS and keep the gov itself going, the economy will need to at least double if not triple by 2030 in order for that 18% to cover all of it. Does anyone reading see the US having a $40-$60 trillion dollar economy by 2030? I don't.

That's the funny thing, pilotless airliners (or, remotely piloted airliners) actually seem much more feasible. The military has successfully had full scale pilotless aircraft since the 1940s, and yet we aren't hearing the call for that like we are driverless cars and trucks.
One time on a cross country flight I got invited to ride in the jumpseat. One of the things I remember the pilot telling me was that the plane's autopilot was capable of not only flying, but also landing and taxiing to within 100' of the gate if necessary. That was 20 years ago. I'm sure it's just as good or even better these days.
....but even with fully automated planes, I don't think a lot of people would be comfortable flying while knowing there is not a competent person on board who is capable of controlling the plane in the case of an emergency. An automatic car that goes wonky on a 2 dimensional field is one thing, but going wonky 36,000' up in 3d space is entirely another. lol

Even the degree to which trains are controlled remotely is pretty limited.
Is there any trains that are actually controlled remotely? I mean besides the use of ptc or the remote control cars that are sometimes used locally by the crew of the train.

Last edited:

chomper

Purveyor of Filth
Silver Miner
What makes me say that it won't last beyond 2020... those that control the narrative will create a situation that has POTUS guilty. Guilty of something rage inducing within the media, something so shocking, that any future president will be painted as a dictator. This all whilst the replacement would be far worse than an old school tin pot dictator...

Whether it is real or not, doesn't matter...

Bigfoot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Is there any trains that are actually controlled remotely? I mean besides the use of ptc or the remote control cars that are sometimes used locally by the crew of the train.
Rio Tinto supposedly has one servicing one of their iron mines in Australia.

chomper

Purveyor of Filth
Silver Miner
A significant proportion of the vehicles in the iron ore mines in Australia's northwest are driverless.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I don't think he'll make it past the insiders, he doesn't have the connections that Trump does, both sides of the isle.

Also, his solutions don't work.

Yes, AI is a huge issue and NO, prices will not go down. We are in the middle of crony capitalism, the small group of owners will collude and simply make more money themselves until one day serious competition returns, which it may not.

But the Asian who loves math" as he likes to call himself, is missing a whole lot of political and economic lessons.

He could probably run circles around us in math, but when it comes to understanding how politics works and how this current, corrupted economic system functions - he's about as glued into the matrix as they come.

From seeing him and listening to him, I get this feeling he's in this for something else beyond what he claims. He says he's doing this for his children and the children of America, but I'm not convinced.

First, the $1000 he wants to give to each person doesn't apply to those getting SS in their retirement - they just keep getting those payments.

There's about 2 dozen flaws with his plans if not more.

We are doomed. Sorry to have to mention that again.

To think that at one time we had a chance to have Ron Paul as POTUS , someone with an entire career pursuing liberty and the removal of the chains which bind us.

Then to think we had a chance for Rand, but of course after his neighbor almost killed him, who can blame him for falling behind.

So instead of someone with their entire career behind transparency and truth, like RP, we got someone with a lifetime career as conman criminal, constantly doing things in secret.

I did mention the "doomed" part already, right?

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Then to think we had a chance for Rand, but of course after his neighbor almost killed him, who can blame him for falling behind.
HuH? He didn't fall behind in the race due to having been attacked. Rand simply didn't get enough votes in the primaries to be able to stay in the race. He quit in Feb 2016.
....and the attack happened in Nov 2017. Almost two years later.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
HuH? He didn't fall behind in the race due to having been attacked. Rand simply didn't get enough votes in the primaries to be able to stay in the race. He quit in Feb 2016.
....and the attack happened in Nov 2017. Almost two years later.

I guess this is what happens going inside and outside the matrix too much , time becomes irrelevant.

Thank you for the clarification, I need to go back over my timeline notes again.

Unfortunately, it doesn't change the bottom line results. Both RPs are now out of the picture and those waiting in the wings, from both parties are worthless and probably criminals too.

On a side note, I read your many posts about AI. I know AI very well, and you are correct in your posts.
However, did you see I only got about 30 views and 0 comments on my AI thread I started - people don't believe the dangers lurking, they think AI and the info age revolution is just similar to the industrial revolution was. People, once again, are wrong.

Last edited: