• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Parallel Universes and Quantum Computers Explained

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

chomper

Purveyor of Filth
Silver Miner
A guy talking about quantum computing isn't proof of anything other than a discussion about quantum computing. Such a claim is almost like someone saying "six plus triangle = hamburger".

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Chomper, lookup 'D-Wave Computing' and look at a few vids. The speaker above is/was the founder. They are building these machines. NASA, Google and a few others have one at US 25 000 000 a pop.

Personally, I'm scared shitless.

Golden Regards
Uncle

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Without a doubt , I recall the lion shall lay down with the lamb and a few of the other Mandela examples.

My question is , if these changes were done by humans at CERN or wherever , why just change a line in a movie?..

Are they just practicing now and saving the big stuff for later?

And their motives , are they for good or for evil?...

Can humans live forever , jumping across a parallel universe ?.....

Of course if this kind of science is going on , the peasants will never be told.

The best we get is a guy selling quantum computers for big bucks telling his audience how awesome these computers are or will be , as the computers will be superior to humans.

The computers will be in charge soon.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
notice how he stated cooled to about absolute zero,
claiming 100's of time colder than space

while the fly boyz all state space is close to ab zero

When calculating the temperature in space, it is important to understand that most estimates must take into account the varied makeup of space. Outer space is usually considered to be the portion of the universe that is almost entirely empty and, from the point of view of Earth, officially begins at an altitude of about 62 miles (100 kilometers) above sea level. In the void between planets, star systems and galaxies, the temperature in space is generally considered to be 2.725 Kelvin which is -454.72°F (-270.4°C). This is only a very small amount above absolute zero, the lowest temperature at which the movement of matter is believed to cease, at -459.67°F (-273.15°C).

https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-temperature-in-space.htm#didyouknowout

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
My question is , if these changes were done by humans at CERN or wherever , why just change a line in a movie?...
What if we're a split? Eveything you thought you knew, split. You chose the 'Jackie Robinson' card.

Folks in one split are happy, the others PO'd, beyond belief?

D-Wave can recreate 15 universes. Where are we now?

Golden Regards
Uncle

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
We have enough quatum mechanical purveyors at GIM. Sure some would weigh in soon, just to align us plebs.

Golden Regards
Uncle

A guy talking about quantum computing isn't proof of anything other than a discussion about quantum computing. Such a claim is almost like someone saying "six plus triangle = hamburger".
What? You mean it doesn't?

chomper

Purveyor of Filth
Silver Miner
I know quite a bit more about D-Wave than I led on. I used to be a consultant for them about four years ago. Every three months, I'd fly out to Vancouver and provide my findings and the like. I'm still subject to multiple NDA's, but I can speak in generalities.

D-Wave were the first to bring to the market a working quantum computer, a machine that uses two quantum states to represent the binary bit (0 or 1). However where the difference lies is that because the two states are wave functions, spin states (up/down) or photon polarization, they can be both 1 and 0 simultaneously. What that means is that every single possible combination of states is used in the computational process. In a nutshell, qubits allow for "grey", something that isn't possible with a rigid two state machine. As such, a quantum computer can present multiple possible solutions to a given problem, with varying probabilities for the likelihood of the solution being the right one. This is where I think the nutjobs have run off the reservation and made connections between completely unrelated concepts and processes.

I'm by no means the oracle for things of a quantum nature, I was consulting on a specific subsystem for them. But it is a bit of a stretch to assume that because a system gives a set of solutions based on specific input and data, it is changing the universe.