• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Platinum?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Why are the premiums so high!!
"Tag-a-Longs" The Demand Factor, more and more folks are trying to get involved as cheap as possible ( understandable). Currently Platinum is cheaper than Gold so those who feel they can not afford gold are jumping into platinum. Platinum is far harder to mine and produce than gold yet it is MARKET CHEAPER. Hence the premium is more expensive as the "paper makers" (SPOT) are suppressing all commodity prices.
All the Premiums are an adjustment to what the actual physical prices should be.
SPOT PRICES are now a figment of the imagination of Wallstreet , LBMA and the Bullion Banks. Nothing more.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
"Tag-a-Longs" The Demand Factor, more and more folks are trying to get involved as cheap as possible ( understandable). Currently Platinum is cheaper than Gold so those who feel they can not afford gold are jumping into platinum. Platinum is far harder to mine and produce than gold yet it is MARKET CHEAPER. Hence the premium is more expensive as the "paper makers" (SPOT) are suppressing all commodity prices.
All the Premiums are an adjustment to what the actual physical prices should be.
SPOT PRICES are now a figment of the imagination of Wallstreet , LBMA and the Bullion Banks. Nothing more.
I have been eye balling it for months now. I'm close. I think I will celebrate unemployment by buying some. :2 thumbs up:

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Platinum is on sale this weekend. Check ebay :)

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Volatility
small market
premiums have always been high on platty
And you don't get them back when you sell.

BF
Unless you hold until the premium no longer matters.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Best price on Pt Eagle I see is Liberty Coin fleabay store.

Liberty Coin has the lowest price to begin with, then with the additional 2% cash back on cc, works out to ~$97 over kitco ask spot.

Ordered Friday morning and received today, fast shipping from Liberty Coin. If interested, DYODD in case the premium has changed but still looks like the best price on PtAE. Very pleased with the coin and expedited shipping from Liberty Coin. Still listed here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/373512102325

You might also wish to take a look at the Pt Lunar Tiger, mintage of 5000. Low spot on the dip, high premium, but also very high potential premium appreciation IMHO. DYODD and YMMV. Just ordered 1 Pt Tiger and a fractional Au Tiger coin...somebody cut me off before I'm in the poor house at this buying rate! Good luck out there folks.

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Ordered Friday morning and received today, fast shipping from Liberty Coin. If interested, DYODD in case the premium has changed but still looks like the best price on PtAE. Very pleased with the coin and expedited shipping from Liberty Coin. Still listed here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/373512102325

You might also wish to take a look at the Pt Lunar Tiger, mintage of 5000. Low spot on the dip, high premium, but also very high potential premium appreciation IMHO. DYODD and YMMV. Just ordered 1 Pt Tiger and a fractional Au Tiger coin...somebody cut me off before I'm in the poor house at this buying rate! Good luck out there folks.

You're right. Liberty is consistently the lowest with exceptional customer service.

BeefJerky

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some APEs from CNI on Friday. I have never had a bad experience with them and their prices are competitive.

Golddealer.com

Of course I should have waited.....lol

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Be careful. We will show up for any Estate Auction....At least I will. I love Estate Auctions.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I'm loading up on Platinum if it gets under $900. I'm tempted to start buying now, but I feel like the economy is ready to crash and PMs will get pulled down with the economy at first before a quick snap back up.
Yeah I'll be waiting this out too, this is a bad sign for the auto industry. I'm all about eagles sub $1k.

Just an FYI, I was looking on Provident's site. They have platinum and palladium maples in stock. The palladium maples, they are buying back at below spot. They are still paying $20 over for platinum.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
That's a good point. Yes, if buying physical I'd buy today. I'm planning to buy PPLT ETF in my retirement accounts. I probably should buy some physical.

Palladium has also caught my attention with it's drop from 3K to 2K. I'm holding out for about 1500 on palladium (PALL ETF).

I also feel like palladium and platinum could wind up equalizing at about 1500
I wouldn't try to catch a falling knife. Be patient when buying physical.

I played around with PALL but most recently bought at a support zone. It wasn't looking good so I sold at a loss and glad I did.

The two metals could hit parity at $500 too, entirely different fundamentals from plata y oro.

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
I'm loading up on Platinum if it gets under $900. I'm tempted to start buying now, but I feel like the economy is ready to crash and PMs will get pulled down with the economy at first before a quick snap back up.

I'm lightly feathering the trigger on platinum. I think the one thing to keep in mind is just getting it in your hands is a big deal. saving a few bucks here and there is nice but it's a real pain in the ass to wait. Food for thought: A $100 platinum eagle is about 10 X face today. How much is junk silver? $20? :D

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Super cheap here, I have been adding < $1075. Pt has a higher beta than Au, but it is more rare. Prices are upside down just like the US government.

Metalophile

Reaction score
I'm going to a coin show this weekend. May buy an ounce or two of Pt if I can find some cheap. Sometimes coin dealers get some but don't have much of a market for them, so they mark them down a bit.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Platinum getting savaged again tonight as sub $1000 one ounce coins come into focus. I'm watching the Gold to Platinum ratio. When it gets over 2 (1.92 as I type) platinum starts to get very attractive imo.

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Platinum getting savaged again tonight as sub $1000 one ounce coins come into focus. I'm watching the Gold to Platinum ratio. When it gets over 2 (1.92 as I type) platinum starts to get very attractive imo.

i try to buy physical below 1k outa pocket .......its getting close ........i have noted in the past that usually it takes a sub 900 spot price to buy coins below 1k .........i have yet to find a good platinum play etf etc serviced by ameritrade (if someone knows one pass it along)

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
i try to buy physical below 1k outa pocket .......its getting close ........i have noted in the past that usually it takes a sub 900 spot price to buy coins below 1k .........i have yet to find a good platinum play etf etc serviced by ameritrade (if someone knows one pass it along)
I'm looking to buy PPLT if platinum drops some more. Any thoughts on this one? I admit i haven't researched it much.

PPLT Fund DescriptionPPLT tracks the platinum spot price, less trust expenses, using platinum bullion.PPLT Factset Analytics InsightPPLT tracks the spot price of platinum with its physically held platinum bars, located in JPMorgan vaults in London and Zurich. The underlying metal is priced off the London Platinum and Palladium specifications for good delivery, so expect a close relationship with spot prices.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy PPLT if platinum drops some more. Any thoughts on this one? I admit i haven't researched it much.

PPLT Fund DescriptionPPLT tracks the platinum spot price, less trust expenses, using platinum bullion.PPLT Factset Analytics InsightPPLT tracks the spot price of platinum with its physically held platinum bars, located in JPMorgan vaults in London and Zurich. The underlying metal is priced off the London Platinum and Palladium specifications for good delivery, so expect a close relationship with spot prices.

I didnt research it much either the expense ratio is higher than most but it seems to have the most volume/liquidity of its few peers ...also seems to be the largest exclusive pt etf currently....looks like it correlates well with the PT spot price .....in general looks doable

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Palladium is down right crashing. And I think this is a sign of the auto market having seized up due to commies and chip shortages. Platinum is falling with it but to a much less degree. Premiums had been right around $100 but I think they've gone up because even though spot has fallen $80 a coin dropped like $20.

Yep, now I got a volume discount sale but paid $1,094 with spot at $994.
Right now, spot price is $932 but pricing for 1-20 is $1,082 ($150 premium to volume $130 premium).

Last edited:

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
I have a couple of ounces of Platinum and would like more. I think it's sinking though and will delay buying any. I have never had palladium and would like to get some. Will wait, but it's hard to get any right now.

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

VaSolvo

all seriousness aside
Reaction score
Do it, do it, as it will help clear up the issue of whether an American gold eagle is correctly valued at law as $1,760.00 (melt)or $50.00 (face).If face then they will have a real problem. Like when I am paid in gold & report $50.00 income, not $1,760.00 melt. Then what? How about the beginning of the end of the fiat dollar?

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score