• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Please put an end to the well-disproved flat earth “theory”

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Go and write a nice book with all your stupid believes.

I'm sure science can't wait to be updated.

I'll buy it if I can find it in the secondhand bin.

Always blame someone else like Ragnarok for your stupid AI.

Your algo needs an update and it is getting tiresome.

Fucktards
Uncle
Awww...poor Uncle got his fwagile feewings hurt by my posts. Enjoy your tantrum...crybaby.

Do you not know how the ignore button works...or what? You're in a thread with "flat Earth" right in the damn title.

Here's Uncle... "STOP BLASPHEMING AGAINST MY SCIENTISM RELIGION!" "IT'S SETTLED SCIENCE!"

...blissfully unaware of course that there's no such thing as "settled science" ...it's an oxymoron. LMAO

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
sorry, sol these threads move so fast and furious I just don't have time...

the capacitor
physics of it, ya know, not just electrical designations.
a capacitor can hold it's charge for an awful long time, depending on it's construction. But one little short and BLAM!
so it's kind of a balance — it only exists (the 'charge') as long as it's kept in balance and separated
when you close the separation it no longer exists — where did it go?
the balance, between the positive and the negative — where did it come from? And what is it?

thus the idea of a balance of matter and anti-matter to bring about spontaneous creation. Out of nothing

BF

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So you're saying because electrons flow that somehow something can spring from nothing? Reverse entropy? lol
when you close the separation it no longer exists — where did it go?
To ground. That's what electricity does...it equalizes differences in potential...in accordance with the second law of thermodynamics...entropy.

...and there is no "anti-matter" that humans know of currently. That's a Star Trek thing.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Yep.
carry a 100 pound sack of cement to the top of a twenty foot ladder and drop it on yer dog.
squish!
where did the energy to squish yer little dog come from??

BF

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
From you.

You were the one lugging the 100 pound sack up a ladder right? lol

Let me ask you a question...do you think this question is significantly different than your inquiry re: capacitors in another thread? Why?

Do you also think there's a significant difference between steam, water, and ice?

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
...and there is no "anti-matter" that humans know of currently. That's a Star Trek thing.
Not.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/science/how-can-we-make-antimatter/

To study antihydrogen, however, you first need to make and store lots of atoms. The challenge is getting a positron and an antiproton near enough to each other that their electrical attraction has a chance to ensnare them and form an atom of antihydrogen before they’ve annihilated with ordinary matter.

This has been done at CERN, the European centre for nuclear research, by slowing the antiprotons in a machine called the AD (Antiproton Decelerator). Electric and magnetic forces then gather them together with positrons. Since 2009, ALPHA has trapped atoms in a magnetic bottle on a few hundred occasions.

In 2011, the ALPHA experiment at CERN managed to make atoms of antihydrogen, the antimatter equivalent of hydrogen, and store them for nearly 17 minutes. The following year, scientists changed the magnetic orientation of antiatoms by shining microwaves on them. It showed that more detailed measurement of their properties was possible.

In January 2014, scientists at CERN created a beam of antihydrogen and detected 80 antimatter atoms in the beam. It’s a step closer to unlocking the mysteries of antimatter, since large numbers of antihydrogen atoms are required for gathering sufficient data to answer the big questions

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So you think a negatively charged proton and a positively charged electron forming an alleged "anti-hydrogen" atom will what? ...annihilate a hydrogen atom? lol Why would it? ...because allegedly positively charged electrons are "naughty".

You believe any load of shit your priests of scientism can possibly shovel your way. Negative matter theory was some nonsense dreamed up in the late 1800's involving aether squirts. You remember the aether right? ...that thing you don't believe in? lol

Oh, but if it's repackaged into something that has since appeared in Star Trek...THEN it's credible. Bonus points if the clowns at CERN can somehow make a link to a Gene Roddenberry space/time entertainment venue. hahaha

ScienceFiction.jpg

If Captain Kirk can understand how full of crap scientism is...why can't you stop idolizing these jaggovs and think for yourself for 10 seconds? lol

Meanwhile I'm still putting alleged dinosaur corpses into my freaking gas tank to make my car go. The GD thing doesn't even fly! ...where are the flying cars!?!

AntimatterBananas.png

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
You believe any load of shit your priests of scientism can possibly shovel your way.
Better than believing the loads of shit you've obviously found on flat Earth sites and vids. Ie: the blind leading the blind.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Is there any doubt anymore about the fact that solarion not only ignores but also rejects and pretends to discredit science itself?

He says no one can know anything because they haven't tested it themselves. But he knows Einstein was wrong.

Puh-leez. This was pathetic from the start, now it's just boring.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I just flew across the USA, the flight path was curved, unless that was a conspiracy.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The irony of posting youtube videos as evidence while whining about youtube videos as evidence. lol
I just flew across the USA, the flight path was curved, unless that was a conspiracy.
The question is not whether the flight path is curved, I mean it would have to be to gain altitude to cruise and then descend to land right?

The question is whether or no a plane is actually in a constant state of nose down while cruising. It would have to be to maintain altitude relative to a spheroid. So was it?

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well, it seems a new take on the flat earth theory has emerged. Maybe they will call it the Rosie O'Donut Theory!

Flat earther thinks the Earth is actually shaped like a doughnut

Josh Teal
Unilad
Tue, 06 Nov 2018 07:39 UTC

© @u/osrsslay/Reddit
A Flat Earther (well, an ex-Flat Earther) now thinks the Earth is actually shaped like a doughnut.

Not comfortable with the idea of our home looking like a vinyl record, Flat Earth Society member Varuag, has posed the possibility of the planet actually being more of a Krispy Kreme.

'I was wondering how a theory like FE theory gets formed, and I came to the conclusion that someone must've thought of the original idea,' they wrote. 'And then it must've been followed by a long series of people pointing out flaws and then re-adjusting the theory (or thinking of new ideas) to iron out the flaws in the theory.'

They stated their theory, and then invited fellow members to point out flaws and to see 'if we can think of arguments that will counteract these flaws.'

He added: 'I have a theory that the Earth is in fact shaped like a torus (a donut-shape). However, light is curved so we cannot tell.'

The first question was how can we tell if the light is curved. Varaug said, as reported by Flat Earth Society:
Radio waves are reflected by the atmosphere (hence why we don't need to set up several towers to transmit radio waves across very long distances).

Light waves are also reflected in a similar way. When we look across, the light diminishes as it travels, and by the time it reaches the atmosphere, it is diminished enough to be reflected.

The light will then hit another corner of atmosphere and so on and so forth, curving every time. This gives the impression that the Earth is flat (or has a slight curvature).​
So, if I stand on the surface in the middle of the TE and look up, why can't I see the opposite side of the torus, came the next inquiry.

Varuag answered:
When you stand in the middle of the TE and look up, the light passes through the first atmosphere it reaches.

However, by the time it reaches the second atmosphere (the one to re-enter the atmosphere of the TE) it has diminished enough to be reflected, and gets reflected into space, so you see space.
When asked how we have night and day, they said to lay a torch horizontal on a table and turn it on. Then to get a doughnut and place it on it's side, with the hole perpendicular to the torch; the side which is illuminated by the torch is in day.

'Over 24 hours, the doughnut performs one complete revolution,' they instructed. 'Spin it half way around, this signifies the passing of 12 hours.

Now, the side that WAS in day, is facing away from the torch and is in night. The side that WAS in night, is now facing the torch and is in day.'

Is this all one big joke? I have no idea.

If you don't believe the above exists, click right here to read the thing in full.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
How could a "flat Earther" think Earth is shaped like a doughnut? Wouldn't that by definition be a "doughnut Earther"? I mean that thing isn't even a little bit flat. lol

Then again, why not...Neil Degrasse Tyson and NASA both describe the Earth as a spinning water-pear.

PearEarth.png

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The irony of posting youtube videos as evidence
But, but, but, sol, it seems to be the only thing you understand. (sorry using the word understand may be incorrect)
In order to communicate with you we need to get down to your TV-centric level of comprehension.

I can see my little analogies of capacitors and cement don't make you think — just snark.

BF

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I can see my little analogies of capacitors and cement don't make you think — just snark.
Not only did I think...I shut you down so hardcore you didn't even reply with a counter argument...but have instead chosen ridicule. A sure sign you know you got schooled.

Your poorly constructed hypotheticals were so simplistic and flawed that there wasn't even a need to get into anything remotely complicated.

Rare image of BF straining himself to work out a concept.

MonkeyOnFootball.jpg

You'll continue to carefully avoid actual topical discussion so as not to embarrass yourself further with your near total lack of knowledge and mindless need to appeal to authority.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The irony of posting youtube videos as evidence while whining about youtube videos as evidence. lol
But, but, but, sol, it seems to be the only thing you understand.
Difference between his vids and mine are that his are full of crap and easily proven wrong. His only argument against mine is that he didn't personally build the muon detector nor operate it, so therefore he can deny that it is real.

I can see my little analogies of capacitors and cement don't make you think
Does anything?

Lots of it, too.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I know you guys love me...and cannot stop yourselves from making me the center of attention in all these threads where science is mentioned.

:show affection:

Pity you guys suck at defending your scientism religion. How about we discuss for awhile the dual morons Michio Kaku and Larry Krauss and their incessant need to peddle their Kabbalah interpretations and pretend it's somehow based in "science"?

Here these twin bozos of scientism launch a blatant assault on religion by implying that something can come from nothing and that this concept is somehow rooted in "science". Big bang itself is of course a not provable and not falsifiable assertion that nothing can spontaneously become something and then that something can explode into an ordered universe...cuz screw the observable laws of physics...atheists need a religion too!

...and DISCUSS! ...oh wait nobody will discuss it, but will instead ignore the 2 minute video and everything I said to instead discuss me. :popcorn:

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Big bang itself is of course a not provable and not falsifiable assertion that nothing can spontaneously become something and then that something can explode into an ordered universe...
The Big Bang theory does not assert that. As much as you talk about it, you are pretty off on what it is.

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the observable universe[1][2][3] from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution.[4][5][6] The model describes how the universe expanded from a very high-density and high-temperature state,[7][8] and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background (CMB), large scale structure and Hubble's law (the farther away galaxies are, the faster they are moving away from Earth).[9] If the observed conditions are extrapolated backwards in time using the known laws of physics, the prediction is that just before a period of very high density there was a singularity which is typically associated with the Big Bang. Physicists are undecided whether this means the universe began from a singularity, or that current knowledge is insufficient to describe the universe at that time.

Wikipedia

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I know you guys love me...and cannot stop yourselves from making me the center of attention in all these threads where science is mentioned.

:show affection:

Pity you guys suck at defending your scientism religion. How about we discuss for awhile the dual morons Michio Kaku and Larry Krauss and their incessant need to peddle their Kabbalah interpretations and pretend it's somehow based in "science"?

Here these twin bozos of scientism launch a blatant assault on religion by implying that something can come from nothing and that this concept is somehow rooted in "science". Big bang itself is of course a not provable and not falsifiable assertion that nothing can spontaneously become something and then that something can explode into an ordered universe...cuz screw the observable laws of physics...atheists need a religion too!

...and DISCUSS! ...oh wait nobody will discuss it, but will instead ignore the 2 minute video and everything I said to instead discuss me. :popcorn:
There is no such thing as nothing or nothingness, for nothing & nothingness is something & somethingness... Nothingness indicates a vacuum, a vacuum is something. Hence nothing & something are just hu-man constructs in mind & language.

A "big bang" could possibly be the result of something like a computer server booting up to launch a simulation. Which would essentially mean that we are in a simulated computer game & our bodies are avatars.... It would also mean that, if the rule set allows, the earth can be whatever shape the player imagines or needs it to be. Even in a simulation, there is no such thing as nothing or nothingness!

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Photoshopped memes, u-tube vids and personal insults for anyone who disagrees are all the support solarion's silly "theories" have.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Agree BB, but these are concepts best left to philosophers imo and not so called "scientists". Currently science asserts that matter/energy can neither be created or destroyed, but only transformed.
The Big Bang theory does not assert that. As much as you talk about it, you are pretty off on what it is.
Not so much. The original hypothesis presented by the Catholic priest pretending to be a philosopher scientist was about what he(Lemaître) called the primeval atom or cosmic egg. He hypothesized that the universe was expanding from this alleged beginning...and this was allegedly later "confirmed" by Edwin Hubble...except it wasn't. Redshift was just latched onto as confirmation of that which can be neither proven nor falsified. That there exists now piles of evidence to refute the notion that redshift = distance or divergence is simply disregarded. Halton Arp railed against the use of Hubble's work to support this conclusion and produced plenty of observational evidence to call this theory into question before he died.

This entire construct is built upon Einstein's dubious relativity theory. This whole mess is just theory stacked atop theory to support a conclusion which is then treated as fact. ...but it's not fact. It's just so called "science" offering an alternative to Genesis. Big bang theory itself blatantly violates special relativity by asserting that matter traveled faster than "c" for an unspecified amount of time. Though for some reason that also doesn't seem to bother proponents of pseudoscience.

There is no scientific basis for asserting that an explosion can result in an orderly universe. It's simply ignoring a known, provable, empirical law of thermodynamics to present a belief structure as though it's "science". It's not.

Michio and Larry are just taking the silly concept to the next logical step by pretending that there's a scientific basis for asserting that something can spontaneously spring from nothing. These guys are simply leveraging their standing as scientists to promote a belief structure to contend with biblical tradition.

The danger of stacking theory upon theory upon theory without ever proving anything is that if the theory at the bottom of that pile of theories(guesses) turns out to be wrong(and it is) then the entire structure of theories will then crumble. This is what's happening right now in cosmology...which is fully invested in relativity and has been since 1915.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
BTW, the name of Lemaître's hypothesis was re-named "big bang" by Fred Hoyle who HATED the hypothesis and called it "big bang" as a joke. He intended the term to make plain how silly the hypothesis.

If you think about this objectively all "big bang" does is substitute an intelligent designer of our reality with "gravity" ...yet another unproven theory. The concept that NEWTONIAN gravitational accretion can even initiate in the absence of gas pressure has also never been proven empirically. Yet we're all taught this stuff as though it's fact.

I capitalize Newtonian above because there are no unbalanced forces specified or implied within relativity...it's simply a "distortion of space/time caused by matter/energy". As such gravitational theory must be switched off at this point to the competing mainstream gravitational theory for this step...though it too violates special relativity by lacking a time element. ....which again is ignored by proponents of "big bang".

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
We used to have a Snarc nuclear missile

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Sure it's not a selfie? Looks like one.
No, joe, I worked that up right after I stumbled across a U-toob sol made —

If the drawing looks somewhat like somethin Crumb would do it's because I like Crumb's style and always try to duplicate it<heh>

BF
ps; we do love ya, brother sol.

00nightstorm

Seeker
Seeker
What is amazing is that airplanes are able to fly across a flat earth from California to Japan without running out of gas. They must have just loaded more gas to make up for the fact that airplanes can't fly in a straight line... because the satellite and aviation corporations are in on a giant conspiracy to trick people into believing in a round earth. Because they don't want anyone to see what's over the giant ice wall.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Oh, yeah, I forgot the wall. I dug up one of my old backpacking photos from my more ambulatory days, one of my vacation in Antarctica:

Wall at the Edge of the World.jpg

That's my camp right there — bitter assed cold it was, if I remember right. That's the wall, right there.

<- EAST :Helicopter WEST ->

[Geeze, I forgot to add here, I took that with a 250 telephoto lens, the ice wall is hunnerts of moles miles away]

BF

Last edited:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Where is the giant ice wall?

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Have fun asking the UN where Antarctica is.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I know where the giant ice wall is.......Sol's wife!

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I know where the giant ice wall is.......Sol's wife!
That's hilarious Dave...did you come up with that on your own? Wife jokes...cool. Insulting me personally with most of your off topic comments wasn't enough, so now you've moved on to insulting my family?

What's next sir? Shall we start running down one another's children? Parents?

What the fuck is wrong with you? What is it you think I've done to you to deserve such disrespect? Get control of your emotions. I don't give a happy GD if talking about scientism upsets you...it's NOT ABOUT YOU!

Blocked.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
No wonder he can't get near the south pole!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That's hilarious Dave...did you come up with that on your own? Wife jokes...cool. Insulting me personally with most of your off topic comments wasn't enough, so now you've moved on to insulting my family?

What's next sir? Shall we start running down one another's children? Parents?

What the fuck is wrong with you? What is it you think I've done to you to deserve such disrespect? Get control of your emotions. I don't give a happy GD if talking about scientism upsets you...it's NOT ABOUT YOU!

Blocked.
Jeezuz sol it was a frickin joke. Lighten up Sally. Talk about getting control of your emotions.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Jeezuz sol it was a frickin joke. Lighten up Sally. Talk about getting control of your emotions.
That's just bs misty. Talking about my family because dave personally dislikes me exercising my right to speak freely is out of line. I won't be responding in kind...that crap has no place here or anywhere else. Two hundred years ago his off topic comment may well have resulted in a pistol duel.

I've put up with dozens of his off topic swipes at me, and eventually began returning fire. He ignores 99% of the content I post so that he can instead talk about me. He does this because he dislikes what I say...but has no arguments against what I say. Since it's clearly not working to shut me up, he's escalating his rhetoric to include my family. This is a further breakdown of civility and shouldn't be okay with anyone here...regardless of how this particular topic makes you "feel".

I've asked you guys again and again...why this topic makes you all so damn angry. Nobody answers with anything even approaching a rational response. Every human on Earth has slightly different belief structures...so WHY is it THIS TOPIC bothers some of you so much that you're willing to make those engaging in discourse the topic of conversation rather than the topic itself? There's no other topic here on GIM2 that causes so much animosity...not even close. We can talk about NAZIs, Jews, racism, politics, ANYTHING but science vs scientism and sometimes things get a bit heated but it's NOTHING like what goes on in these threads. WHY?!?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
"Sol" doesn't understand. It's ok. It's not easy to understand.

There is a real world. And then there is "the internet, forums" and things that are not real.

There are no people on the internet. Only pixels. Happiness and sorrow do not exist here because nothing is real.

I click a mouse and I'm a WW2 fighter pilot attached to a rogue group that shoots down anyone (guns for hire).

I click a mouse and pester retards on a forum

We have despensed with the notion the earth is flat.

Anybody can go to either pole if you have the cash and your wife will allow it.

All that's left now is "momma" and ice wall jokes.

Tell you what, Sol, old son. Let's have some fun.

Paintballs. You say "go".

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Poor sol's butthurt again.

He expects to be able to mock and insult everyone else but is outraged that anyone would respond in kind.
"Don't talk about me!"

Really sol, you need to learn to recognize humor rather than take it seriously. Then you might realize what a joke those theories you propose really are.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
What theories are those? I've proposed only one theory. The theory being that empirically based science/scientific methodology has been hijacked by belief structures. I present evidence constantly as proof of this theory, but it conflicts with many people's own belief structures so they immediately reject it. Then when that proves to be inadequate to protect their own beliefs from self-examination they begin attacking the bearers of information that contradicts their beliefs. The evidence of this process is available for anyone to see in any of the current GIM2 threads that even remotely broach the topic. The process repeats over and over again in this thread and all of these threads...to name but a few. In each thread, a number of people attempt to convert the topic from the topic itself to a discussion about those engaged in discussing the topic. In this thread it has even been moved one step further along. From a discussion of the topic itself to a discussion of others' family members. This isn't a joke...it's clear evidence of emotional distress.

https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/space-what-is-it.181914/
https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/fake-apollo-moon-landing.164095/
https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/are-there-any-pilots-here-please-debunk-this.168675/
https://www.goldismoney2.com/thread...i-have-a-question.193533/page-10#post-1501951

Threats of violence, accusations of falsifying evidence, accusations of lying without any proof, constant insults, and now insults directed at family members. Tell me WHY? What is it that makes people so angry when "science" is challenged? Empirically observable science doesn't need defending...now as ever it stands on its own merits. So what is it that people are angry about? ...it's not empirically observable science.

Take this single example. Here a founding member of GIM2 posted a video alleging widespread censorship of a specific topic...in this case "flat Earth".

This makes me suspect that the earth could be flat? Why are they suppressing flat earth from being viewed?

https://www.goldismoney2.com/thread...i-have-a-question.193533/page-10#post-1503757

THE VERY NEXT POST was an accusation that the producer of the video is both retarded and a liar.

Nobody is suppressing earth views. That's just ducking retarded
Did dave say this because he watched the video and proved it to be false? Did dave present a single shred of evidence to prove his accusation of dishonesty by the producer of the video...and by extension G-khan who posted the video? Well no...dave presented no argument at all. The only thing dave made clear is that he finds the subject material personally offensive and is okay with accusing someone else of lying without providing any evidence.

Well I actually watched the video in question...and then tested the producer's assertions. You know what? He, Dorje Daka, by name did not lie. I first tested the concept that google is stripping tags from subject material related to "flat Earth" using waterfox, and then on firefox.

FirefoxQuantum.png

DynamicGravity.png

Spherical Earth.png

OrthogonalEarth.png
FlatEarth.png

Absolutely NO tags attached to searches of "flat Earth". I've searched roughly 100 topics since yesterday with "keywords everywhere" active and I've come up with exactly ONE time in which google strips all tags.

Alphabet/Google has done the same with youtube as well...which is also mentioned in the video posted by G-khan. The top hits on youtube for "flat Earth" are videos mocking the theory and not the top proofs of flat Earth that were previously seen by searching the topic.

FlatEarthYouTubeSensored.png

There has long been accusations of soft censorship by Alphabet/google among the "conspiracy crowd". I'm not talking about flat Earth...I'm talking about people that produce anti-establishment videos like SGT report and others. They've been screaming about this for over a year now and you all know it. So now what is happening? Outright stripping of search tags to censor content.

YouTubeDemonetization.png

PROVE ME WRONG. PROVE I'M LYING.

I just took the time to install this addon(twice) and search over 100 topics. ONE of those topics resulted in censorship.

Earth is flat.png

That's two out of hundreds that are stripped of tags. Both included the words "flat" and "Earth". ...but I'm sure it's a coincidence...

Alphabet.png

pearEarth2.png

Last edited: