• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Political Talk Show Host Rush Limbaugh - Advance Stage Lung Cancer

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I heard him live...

Wow, it sure seems weird, Patriots keep losing good people, concepts and their countries foundations, and the Communists continue to hang on, perhaps even thrive on the various individual battles they produce...

but, he's not gone yet

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I only listen to Rush "WIndbag" when I'm in the car, and I happen to hear it live too about an hour ago.

Too many of them damned Dominican cigars I guess, even if, like Slick Willie Clinton, he doesn't inhale.

Love or hate his politics, he is a great entertainer and master of communications.

Get well soon, Meeeester Leeeembo.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Hopefully he has the same kind as my sister does, one that reacts to a monoclonal antibody treatment. Last summer when found, my sister's lung cancer had metastasized. 10 years earlier and it would have been a quick death sentence but now, not so much. It's not even a big problem now.

Why can't Schumer, Shift or Pelosi get a brain worm?

the_shootist

Don't hate me because I'm right!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I only listen to Rush "WIndbag" when I'm in the car, and I happen to hear it live too about an hour ago.

Too many of them damned Dominican cigars I guess, even if, like Slick Willie Clinton, he doesn't inhale.

Love or hate his politics, he is a great entertainer and master of communications.

Get well soon, Meeeester Leeeembo.
^^^This^^^

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
yeah, I've listened to him a lot more these past couple years. I used to think what the media wanted me to think of him, although my dad listened quite a bit. I'm sure there are a bunch of media folks giddy about the news. Maybe even a small consolation to not being able to get rid of Trump. Of course, they think he is causing a big part of the problems, not merely shining a light on the cockroaches in DC.

Someone convince him to smoke a bunch of weed the next few months. Heck, that might even be entertaining to listen to him high.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Hopefully he has the same kind as my sister does, one that reacts to a monoclonal antibody treatment. Last summer when found, my sister's lung cancer had metastasized. 10 years earlier and it would have been a quick death sentence but now, not so much. It's not even a big problem now.

Why can't Schumer, Shift or Pelosi get a brain worm?
Well, there was McStain. And haven't seen much from that ole Supreme Court lady lately.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I just read about this, a notice from some news organization in my email. I am a Rush fan. I like him quite a lot and am sad this has happened to him. If it’s God’s will, I’ll be very sorry to see him go. There was a long time when he was a lone voice in the wilderness for those of us who were distraught over the communization of America. He gave us some hope. If he is to pass, may The Lord make his passing easy. Still, I’m praying for his health.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Sad indeed. I listened to him back when sports was taking up way too much of his program. The last few years he has been much more to my liking.
I wish him a great recovery.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
All his money and he didnt get thorough checkups?
I don't have much money and I'm not giving what I have saved to those dipshits.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
All his money and he didnt get thorough checkups?
No telling how long he’s known about this. He might have been fighting it for awhile.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Yes. Fuck this guy; He is a shill, clearly.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I would not wish this on anyone, thank God he has money to fight this, imagine if he was poor.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I would not wish this on anyone, thank God he has money to fight this, imagine if he was poor.
It’s probably terminal. Advanced stage lung cancer. It will, or has already, spread.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I don’t see Rush as a shill.
I just see the guy as saying what people want to hear, without having any real base to stand on.

Obama’s rhetoric was against the Iraq war, so rush had to be for it... several years after we all realized it was a cluster fuck.

That’s very bad for the country. Fuck Obama too, but at least have something real to stand on, otherwise you’re a shill.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I just see the guy as saying what people want to hear, without having any real base to stand on.

Obama’s rhetoric was against the Iraq war, so rush had to be for it... several years after we all realized it was a cluster fuck.

That’s very bad for the country. Fuck Obama too, but at least have something real to stand on, otherwise you’re a shill.
I could argue with you. I’ll leave it alone. There’s no plus in it.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The anti trumpers are seething with hate.
If there are people who are anti trump and can’t articulate why, rush partly helped lay the seeds for it.

The pendulum swings. Orange man bad.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
You clearly dont listen and sound like the typical democrat. I certainly dont agree with everything but he is as far from a shill as you can get.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

He's an anti-left shill. I'll take that over an anti-liberty shill most days. I stopped listening to him in the late 90s, but have begun turning on his show when on my lunch break. He has a way of breaking things down for those of us who don't have the time to research everything that's going on today.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
He's an anti-left shill. I'll take that over an anti-liberty shill most days. I stopped listening to him in the late 90s, but have begun turning on his show when on my lunch break. He has a way of breaking things down for those of us who don't have the time to research everything that's going on today.
He's not just anti-left, although he's moved that direction I'm sure as he saw more and more crap from the Neo-cons. I also started listening more the last few years to become more knowledgeable on what was happening to argue with the die hard TDS afflicted.

Last edited:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I strongly disagree.

What's the difference between a shill and someone proselytizing an ideal? Belief. But there is no way to climb into the skull and prove belief on any persons part. The fact that someone is well compensated for proposing a point of view is not necessarily evidence of the presence or absence of belief. But consistency is a clue, most especially perfect consistency over decades. I first heard Rush in the late 1980's some time and have never heard even the first rumor of non-belief. And believe me, a lot of people have been looking hard for even a 3rd hand report. Do you think for a second that the left would have not gleefully jumped all over any signs of discrepancy on Rush's part? Even to the point of actively trying to induce it? After over 30 years without even a hint of "heresy", I have to conclude Rush is the genuine article.

So you state flatly that Rush is a shill. By what process other than personal dislike do you conclude that?

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I strongly disagree.

What's the difference between a shill and someone proselytizing an ideal? Belief. But there is no way to climb into the skull and prove belief on any persons part. The fact that someone is well compensated for proposing a point of view is not necessarily evidence of the presence or absence of belief. But consistency is a clue, most especially perfect consistency over decades. I first heard Rush in the late 1980's some time and have never heard even the first rumor of non-belief. And believe me, a lot of people have been looking hard for even a 3rd hand report. Do you think for a second that the left would have not gleefully jumped all over any signs of discrepancy on Rush's part? Even to the point of actively trying to induce it? After over 30 years without even a hint of "heresy", I have to conclude Rush is the genuine article.

So you state flatly that Rush is a shill. By what process other than personal dislike do you conclude that?
Rush was the first person to open my eyes up to the left. Later, I had my eyes opened up to the "right" (really the soft left) but that's a different story. He rode the Clinton's hard with regard to all their scandals and (rightly) pointed out how the media all but covered up for them.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I strongly disagree.

I mean he cant be a shill by definition. He started the whole idea of talk radio. And I'm sure that he is telling the truth when lots of people called him crazy for doing something so foolish. Yep so foolish he makes millions every year now.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It turns out he was diagnosed just recently. He got short of breath, January 12th, this year, which would have been his birthday. I remember this because it’s also my birthday. Since then, he got two medical confirmations that he has advanced stage lung cancer. I doubt he will be around too much longer. He plans on being on air, when he can, for as long as he can.

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
It turns out he was diagnosed just recently. He got short of breath, January 12th, this year, which would have been his birthday. I remember this because it’s also my birthday. Since then, he got two medical confirmations that he has advanced stage lung cancer. I doubt he will be around too much longer. He plans on being on air, when he can, for as long as he can.
Thanks for the info SoG. I have been working 12 hours and did not see any information.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
One has to ask why there has never been a single Leftist talk show host with even 1/10th of the listening audience and success of Mr. Limbo.
Oh, they tried, but nobody was listening and they could not sell ad times.

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Oh, they tried, but nobody was listening and they could not sell ad times.
On our local talk radio out of Minneapolis, They tried "Air America" hosted by Al Franken. It didn't last long and aired later in the evening when interference of AM was prevalent. There is a current show on I don't know the name of that airs occasionally in an even worse time slot. Well, I heard it last year.

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I started my job about when rush premiered, I listened regularly for 10 years. My schedule didn't mesh any longer but I listened when I can. He has grown to see and dislike neocons. He's a pretty funny guy.
Today he mentioned his faith. I believe it will see him thru.
Btw guest host Mark Steyn is great if he sits in.
Alternately Chris plante one time media pundit is a conservative media show that entertains and informs

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I started my job about when rush premiered, I listened regularly for 10 years. My schedule didn't mesh any longer but I listened when I can. He has grown to see and dislike neocons. He's a pretty funny guy.
Today he mentioned his faith. I believe it will see him thru.
Btw guest host Mark Steyn is great if he sits in.
Alternately Chris plante one time media pundit is a conservative media show that entertains and informs
I love Mark Steyn. Perhaps, I hate to even think of Rush not being there, anymore. But, perhaps Mark might get the show when Rush can’t do it, anymore.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I really couldn't care less.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame