• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Potter: Stores not taking cash for payment, spreads disease they say.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t8SE6UlBNc

(Until they change the law, an offer to pay in money of exchange is all that is necessary to have paid.
If they don't take it, they lose.)

My mistake along with Joe King's rebuttal will serve as notice of the real law.

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Until they change the law, an offer to pay in money of exchange is all that is necessary to have paid.
That's just not true. Perhaps it should be true, but that's a different discussion. As it stands right now, a seller is permitted to stipulate the form of payment they'll accept.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
ANyone have any experience with stores not accepting cash? I haven't seen any of that
I have seen some stores iron bills with a steam iron. Probably more effective than anything else and also puts the customer's mind at ease.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
ANyone have any experience with stores not accepting cash? I haven't seen any of that
NO, BUT, it seems there is no law prohibiting the refusal of cash for payment !
Pretty stupid, we have soooooo many laws & not one that makes the Federal Reserves Fiat Debt Note mandatory for payment. Again we are left to fend for ourselves ! So what's new !!! :make happy::angry then happy::don't    know2::shit happens:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
we have soooooo many laws & not one that makes the Federal Reserves Fiat Debt Note mandatory for payment.
They do have to be accepted if offered as payment of debt and of taxes. It's just that the purchase of an item in a store is not the same thing as paying a debt, and sure ain't a tax.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
NO, BUT, it seems there is no law prohibiting the refusal of cash for payment !
Pretty stupid, we have soooooo many laws & not one that makes the Federal Reserves Fiat Debt Note mandatory for payment. Again we are left to fend for ourselves ! So what's new !!! :make happy::angry then happy::don't    know2::shit happens:
There's no law that says I can't seek out another store who appreciates the business and has inverted in a box of latex gloves either. This guy's a dipshit!

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
There's no law that says I can't seek out another store who appreciates the business and has inverted in a box of latex gloves either. This guy's a dipshit!
Who??? Potter?
Nooooooo.........
Say it ain't so Shooter, say it ain't so.
ROFLMAO!

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
They do have to be accepted if offered as payment of debt and of taxes. It's just that the purchase of an item in a store is not the same thing as paying a debt, and sure ain't a tax.
Well I know you are right about the above, but a whole lot of people believe the story that I posted.
Thank you for setting the record straight.

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Legal or not, there are plenty of places that will take only credit cards. In-flight purchases is an example.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Legal or not, there are plenty of places that will take only credit cards. In-flight purchases is an example.
As there also are those that only accept cash. Usually it's small local places, and maybe not tons of them, but they do exist.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
FWIW, they print it right on the FRN:

"This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private."
not worth the paper its printed on once the people realize what's been going on getting it tucked up our collective asses by the Fed and the central banks with inflation and usury for the past 100 years or so....that will happen soon, real soon!

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
As there also are those that only accept cash. Usually it's small local places, and maybe not tons of them, but they do exist.
AND, there is nothing wrong with that, at least for me !:2 thumbs up::finished:

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
From our local Co-op:

• Use only cashless payment.

We are an essential service.
We're here for you.
HOURS:

8am-9am for 60+ shoppers
9am-8pm for the general public
  • Please don't rush in to stock up before the "Stay at home" order goes into effect. We will be here for you.
  • Use only cashless payment.
  • Stay 6-feet away from others while shopping.
  • Use online ordering & curbside pickup:
  • Call xxx-xxx-4880 anytime.
Thank you.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I've been using plastic as opposed to cash while shopping. Only touch what I intend to buy.
I haven't seen any change in the kickback trays at coinstars. I carry alcohol wipes with me when I go into a store so I can give my hands a cleaning on the way out the door, so I wouldn't hesitate snag anything in there.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I've been using plastic as opposed to cash while shopping. Only touch what I intend to buy.
I haven't seen any change in the kickback trays at coinstars. I carry alcohol wipes with me when I go into a store so I can give my hands a cleaning on the way out the door, so I wouldn't hesitate snag anything in there.
I take a vitamin regimen and live like I always have.
Exposure to bugs makes us stronger.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Exposure to bugs makes us stronger.
I've heard it said that other than polio, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger. Lol

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I'm using my credit card at the big stores and paying cash at the smaller ones, just seems quicker .

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Imagine all the bacteria and virus living on paper and metal money? All of a sudden it's too dirty to use? I'm sure someone would figure out a way to safely accept it.

BTW, this was far less of a problem when we had silver as currency. Silver is auto-sterilizing against bacteria and viruses. We've come so far, haven't we?

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hookers and dope dealers don't take credit cards.
I understand from a close friend in Denver that they HAVE started taking credit cards for the purchase of weed (OK, 1 drug, but still it starts small) and I KNOW that YOU KNOW the if you want to pay for your hooker with credit card, go out to Las Vegas and 'the ranch' and I believe the do take plastic.

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
How can the federal gov condone refusal to accept cash...its their fiat and it plainly states "good for all debts public and private" printed on it!!!

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
How can the federal gov condone refusal to accept cash...its their fiat and it plainly states "good for all debts public and private" printed on it!!!
It's not the federal government's cash, it's the Federal Reserve's IOU cash certificates, a privately owned and operated company. The US government sold out to them in 1913

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
All u need is a cell phone and a social history.
And they will have you by the "Bowling ball grip" !!
Because, what they can GIVE you, they can TAKE AWAY !
bowling.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Making a purchase is not the payment of a debt.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Oddly enough, back in 2003, there was an ice storm in Kentucky. Some local hardware stores preferred debit and credit cards over cash when you wanted to buy chainsaws, supplies, etc.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Oddly enough, back in 2003, there was an ice storm in Kentucky. Some local hardware stores preferred debit and credit cards over cash when you wanted to buy chainsaws, supplies, etc.
What could be their reasoning ?? :don't    know2::don't    know2::don't    know2:

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I saw a sign today that said the store would prefer CC payments, but they will still accept cash.

I have noticed the past few years that some retailers make cash payments more tedious and difficult to transact than CC, ApplePay, etc.