• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

PowerBall lottery pool for GIM?

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If anyone (18+) is interested in getting into a pool for the PowerBall drawing tomorrow (Non-US people are welcome to join the crowd!), I'd be willing to buy quickpick tickets and post pictures of them tomorrow night before the drawing.

Each draw is $2 and I'm going to buy 5 draws myself and pool them with any additional ones from you. I will go to the store net to my work at 6:00PM tomorrow (Jan 12) and buy them in one transaction, or at least the maximum draws per ticket.

Payment by PayPal gift is preferred. I've had several transactions with GIM members in the past, that is all I can promise about becoming a big shot.

If we win you will need to travel to California and claim your prize share in person. The advantage of claiming in CA is that there is no state tax on lottery winnings! But you will have to pay Uncle Sam his 30% no matter where you reside.

Last edited:

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I won a small prize once, enough to keep me interested. But not enough to buy a 2 ton pickup truck and load it up with 60 green monster boxes of gold eagles (a pallet) and disappear into the sunset.
For the curious that is about 2000 lbs and would cost roughly $36 million.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I've won more stuff than most anyone should be allowed to from grain bins to a new truck. I wouldn't buy on this except the OP is one of the most upstanding folk I know[plus he said I could]. Let me know your pp and I'll fire off $10.
Thanks
Have fun.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
What are your plans if you win say 5-30 K? Split X ways it's not worth the trip.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
For "small" prizes I can just file the paperwork with all the names on it (up to 100 names) and they'll mail checks. The Feds will skim off the top, 25% for US residents who provide a SSN, 28% for US residents NOT providing an SSN and 30% for all non-UN citizens who are not residents also.
That way nobody gets stuck with a "surprise" tax bill.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
What are your plans if you win say 5-30 K? Split X ways it's not worth the trip.
I disagree. I find the trip is usually very stimulating no matter where I go. Amazing what a fella can learn on a trip.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Everyone is welcome to visit Silicon Valley, drive around and see all the tech companies and if we win enough take in the Super Bowl! A house I used to rent is for sale, about 800 sq ft, 2 bd rm, 1300 sq ft lot... and is currently listed for $1.3 million! Cali is amazing!

Ok, down to business, we have 4 takers so far, so whatever prize there is will be split 4 ways. I should have the numbers posted within the hour and then its just a matter of waiting.
Good Luck!

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Your winning numbers .... 1 .....2.......3.......4.....5...... .......6

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Is the paper good enough for butt wipe if'n we lose?

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I find the lottery tickets to slick for wiping, I like to use them as little targets when I need to practice shooting.

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I sat next to a guy at a poker table once, that had won a million dollars, TWICE on scratch cards. Obviously thought it was BS, he's a poker players. Nope, showed me his article in the paper and a picture of both the tickets. Lucky bastards that is all.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Ca? Hey thats us!!!. :). I dont know what the numbers were though because the powerball site is crashing.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I don't think we did very good. :blew up: But no worse than the rest of the world! haha, $4 isn't that bad!:winks2:

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
The winning Powerball numbers were drawn Wednesday night: 8, 27, 34, 4, 19 and the Powerball of 10.

California lotto officials tweeted almost immediately after that a winning ticket was sold in the state, although it was still not clear if other winning tickets were sold.

The state also tweeted that it sold 12 tickets that matched five of the six numbers.

California lottery officials said the winning ticket was sold at the 7-Eleven on Chino Hills Parkway.

The jackpot, which reached record levels after 20 drawings without a winner, was estimated to be nearly $1.6 billion. According to the Texas Lottery, the cash equivalent was $983.5 million.

13 Powerball Facts You Should Know Before Tonight's Drawing

Powerball Lottery Has Host of Runner-Up Prizes for Grabs

The 6 States Where You Can’t Play Powerball

Powerball Jackpot: You Will Be Richer Than These Celebs

Clinton Reveals How She Would Spend $1.5B Powerball Money

This Powerball jackpot first started at $40 million on Nov. 7, 2015.

According to Texas lottery officials earlier today, there was an 85.8 percent of the possible number combinations had been sold.

Want to read more?

Here is a profile of the man in charge of drawing the winning numbers in Tallahassee, Fla.

The studio where the ball machines are stored have several security precautions in place.

Here are some thoughts from experts about what to do if you are the big winner.

Even if you don't get the jackpot, there are plenty of other prizes that will be awarded. There were 28 people that got at least $1 million in the last drawing.

Office pools are a popular way of getting shares of more tickets, but there are some potential drawbacks to be aware of.

This office pool in Ohio took the venture seriously and not only got a notarized contract but also have a resident good luck charm.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/powerball-lottery-drawing-record-15b-jackpot-tonight/story?id=36275166

earplugs

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
I sat next to a guy at a poker table once, that had won a million dollars, TWICE on scratch cards. Obviously thought it was BS, he's a poker players. Nope, showed me his article in the paper and a picture of both the tickets. Lucky bastards that is all.

guess he didn't give you any tips/tricks, huh?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I never saw lines anywhere around here for tickets. Then again I dont get out much. :).

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Looks like $8 total. One $4 for power ball & one number & power ball for $4.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Guessing I shouldn't have told the boss he was an idiot yesterday.LOl Do whatever with my share as I kinda/sorta figured it as gone anyway.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Ok, so we are all going to let it ride! It was actually $9, the $4 for the power ball and $5 for the power ball plus one number. Different payouts in Cali.
Woohoo!

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I don't think I could trust my self with my own winnings of millions of dollars, let alone a stranger.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I don't think I could trust my self with my own winnings of millions of dollars, let alone a stranger.
Who's the stranger? Trust me, I'm good for it!
It's either that or I get the multiplayer form filled out ahead of time. And nobody wants to do that! Though you don't have to revel your tax ID number, so we have that going for us.

^updated^

found a way in
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
was he from Newtown CT by any chance?

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
was he from Newtown CT by any chance?
He was from Michigan, just not sure which city. That's not the strangest tail I've heard at a poker table either. I was making small talk with some guy sitting next to me. Pretty big guy that happened to mention he had a documentary made about him. Intrigued I asked him what was it about?

Just incase any of you are eating or drinking right now. Finish chewing or drinking before you continue reading.

He had a 100 pound scrotum removed, or to you and me, a 100 pound ball sack. Same state of Michigan, and yes I'm sure you'll Google that like I did when I got home.