• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Provident Metals Dealer Rating

How do you rate this dealer?

• * One Star

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • ** Two Star

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • *** Three Star

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • **** Four Star

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • ***** Five Star

Votes: 122 68.9%

• Total voters
I notice that APMEX, who reneged on their 10 over spot offer to me for the 09 silver pandas, just went up AGAIN to 104.99 and only have 4.
Provident is charging 74.99 for the coins I sold them. I don't understand what happened to APMEX?
$120 for the 2006 1 oz coin. No buy price listed. I think a double is a bit overboard. Best offer I got was 10 over spot at $45 bucks a day off the top in May. Dealers made next to nothing for decades time to play catch up I guess. 2006 I paid just a buck over spot for the Aussie Lunars.

ccjoe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
$120 for the 2006 1 oz coin. No buy price listed. I think a double is a bit overboard. Best offer I got was 10 over spot at $45 bucks a day off the top in May. Dealers made next to nothing for decades time to play catch up I guess. 2006 I paid just a buck over spot for the Aussie Lunars.
You were a wise man before your time 3270.
Maybe NOW you'll buy copper:)

karenbcz

I just got my koalas and wolves from Provident today.
Everything was VERY nicely wrapped, and in perfect condition.
Very professional.
I'm very pleased.
10+ stars!

rodzm

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Any feedback from people that have sold to them before?
Ive sold to them many, many times within the last year. No problems whatsoever.

Theyre my go to guys when it comes to selling

sandro

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Any feedback from people that have sold to them before?
My 3rd deal with them on the way; perfect score for the first two.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Sold to them one time in the last six months. Easy quote over phone. Shipped that afternoon (a Friday) and received payment the following Thursday. Very smooth.

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
How fast do they check in shipments and how fast do they send payment out?

Mike

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Hi, I've been a big fan of Apmex but recently ordered from Provident. Provident was and is cheaper than Apmex on GE's. My first order went off with out a hitch. Top quality shipping and product. Shipping was a little higher but the lower price of product made up for it.Regards, Mike

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
sure, if you are ordering 1 or 2 rounds, they are fine,

just went and checked, they don't even have 100 rounds of their choice generics available...........

always cool to post low prices when you don't have any stock to back it with,

or worse yet, hold the metal off the market until price goes back up.
The requested quantity for "1 oz .999 Fine Silver Rounds | Our Choice" is not available.

Remove Product Name Unit Price Qty Subtotal
1 oz .999 Fine Silver Rounds | Our Choice
1 oz .999 Fine Silver Rounds | Our Choice
* The requested quantity for "1 oz .999 Fine Silver Rounds | Our Choice" is not available.

Mike

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Hi, I checked Apmex first but they had GE's $23.00 more than Provident. I bought 2.The shipping was $7.00 more than Apmex. You are probably right about rounds. I still like Apmex and you can't beat their Sales. Regards, Mike

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
sure, if you are ordering 1 or 2 rounds, they are fine,

just went and checked, they don't even have 100 rounds of their choice generics available...........

always cool to post low prices when you don't have any stock to back it with,

or worse yet, hold the metal off the market until price goes back up.
Saw this one coming a day ago.............:flute:

AgAuGal

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
easy to register/order
had product wanted
price fair enough (not a value but real deals are hard to find now-a-days)
product arived in timely manner and properly securely packaged
product in very good condition
would do business with them again, they made it easy

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hi, I've been a big fan of Apmex but recently ordered from Provident. Provident was and is cheaper than Apmex on GE's. My first order went off with out a hitch. Top quality shipping and product. Shipping was a little higher but the lower price of product made up for it.Regards, Mike

i just made my first buy with provident and am sending in a check, do they update the order throught the process, i would like to know when they receive my check.

apmex does this and i like that alot, i dont want my check floating around lost somewhere and not knowing about it.

Crockett

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
When silver dropped to ~$26 that Sunday morning the 26 of September I decided it was time to buy when spot was at ~26.70

Thanks to other GIM posters that morning I found Provident to be the least expensive. My order came to $28.16 oz shipped. Nobody else was even close.

I sent a check and due to the mornings spot bounce was half expecting it to be "lost in the mail" thus negating the next business day post mark rule. But my cynicism was unnecessary. The order was my first from Provident and I would do it again.

FWIW I clearly remember that choice generics were not available at that time either.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Provident does update you when your check has been received (date and time).

Just received by most recent order. Very nice coins (Brit Sov and Silver Indian Heads).

Top notch in my book.

Mike

Silver Member
Silver Miner
i just made my first buy with provident and am sending in a check, do they update the order throught the process, i would like to know when they receive my check.

apmex does this and i like that alot, i dont want my check floating around lost somewhere and not knowing about it.
Hi go to the FAQ section. They update when they recieve your check and they continue updates until they ship. I ordered again smooth sailing. Regards, mike

TiKi

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Small gripe, don't base your purchase @ provident on reviews of coins/bars , they only mostly allow 5 star reviews maybe they'll let a 4 star sneak by from time to time.

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
5 STARS

i took advantage of $31.20 silver and just completed my first order from provident and am 5 star satisfied. i like how they return adress their boxes.

TomServo

Only use this dealer if your local postman is flawless. Ours didn't deliver the package and didn't leave a pickup notice, so the local stupid office, um...post office shipped it back. Now the stinkin' dealer wants me to pay shipping again. AFTER I've spent 20k with them. Never doing business with them again.

Only use this dealer if your local postman is flawless. Ours didn't deliver the package and didn't leave a pickup notice, so the local stupid office, um...post office shipped it back. Now the stinkin' dealer wants me to pay shipping again. AFTER I've spent 20k with them. Never doing business with them again.
Having a P.O. box should solve that problem. You can even follow the tracking numbers online and be at the window before the delivery slip hits your box. ;)

BlackTopaz

I have used them twice now. Overall, I am satisfied with the prices and the promptness of service.

I did have one issue though, I ordered some of their 1oz art bars, two out of the bunch do not have
any 1oz or .999 markings.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to off load these? I am not so
sure any dealers around here would be interested in them without the markings.
It's only 2oz so it's not that big of a loss, I would just not buy any of their art
bars again. I must say, the price was very reasonable and shipping as well.

deweytucker

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Just browsed over this thread looking for any promo discount coupon codes for shipping or any other deals that you would apply at the online checkout. Anybody know of any? Silver rounds are being sold for $32.78 at the moment.
Thanks!

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
My fourth order for them: I ordered some items 14 days ago and went right to my bank and issued a check to them online. So far my status is check received and has been for some time. Even though it has cleared the bank and they supposedly have cash in hand my status is still 'on hold'. 14 days seems a long time for something that still hasn't been shipped. Maybe I am being impatient?

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My fourth order for them: I ordered some items 14 days ago and went right to my bank and issued a check to them online. So far my status is check received and has been for some time. Even though it has cleared the bank and they supposedly have cash in hand my status is still 'on hold'. 14 days seems a long time for something that still hasn't been shipped. Maybe I am being impatient?
They hold for ten business days I think, clear or not. I thought my last order was "too long" but I checked, and due to Thanksgiving it was right- they shipped on the tenth day. It is a bother to see the check clear my account and still wait days before they ship. But I guess with all the scam artists out there, prices would be higher if they took more risks. Since I am a stacker until I go boating, there really isn't a rush to get the goods other than I like to "move on" from an order. I used to CC but the big difference in price allow me to stack more when I use a check. If I have a very small order I will still use a CC, the turn around is very quick in those cases.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
I guess I didn't factor in Thanksgiving, I know they were closed but it still seems less than stellar customer service to hold checks and not ship when cleared. Having a policy stated is fine but it isn't customer orientated. I ordered from Monarch a few times and after the first order they didn't do any of the holding baloney. They actually shipped out same day the check arrived. I guess you're right about it not making much of a difference. I don't use credit cards because of the cost, every penny counts.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I guess I didn't factor in Thanksgiving, I know they were closed but it still seems less than stellar customer service to hold checks and not ship when cleared. Having a policy stated is fine but it isn't customer orientated. I ordered from Monarch a few times and after the first order they didn't do any of the holding baloney. They actually shipped out same day the check arrived. I guess you're right about it not making much of a difference. I don't use credit cards because of the cost, every penny counts.
I only ordered from Monarch once, but they were good all round. I have been looking at them again as the prices are getting better and they seem to have some unusual things.

I agree with you, I have spent quite a bit with Provident using checks, I would like a little more trust after not being a new buyer, but I can live within the written rules if I save the moolah over other vendors and still get good product & service.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
It is now day 18. However my status changed to 'processing' yesterday so that is exciting. This for a simple order of things they supposedly have in stock. The only time anyone ever took longer was Northwest Mint and I heard once that they almost mint to order.

Edit: Day 19. They are still processing. I ordered three items and it has been two days of processing. The check cleared the bank on 11-25 (12 days ago).

Update: Received order 3 weeks to the day I ordered and put in a bank check online. This seems snake bit. Ordered 3 items and I am delighted with two of them. The third, a 1/4 Platinum Eagle was sold as uncirculated. However, it has some damage around the rim. Saw like marks and a couple of dents. Normally I am not someone to get a magnifying glass and pick out petty issues but this is obvious and takes away from the appearance of the coin at first glance. I did email them back and asked what I need to do to send it back. Didn't hear anything yet today (Monday) but I'll give it a day or so.

Note: 1st platinum coin ever. Odd feel to it. I am one of the weird people who like the design, kind of robotic looking. Not going to be a plat hoarder by any means but just wanted to own one. Got full effect because the market is in a free fall since I ordered. Normal procedure.

Last edited:

TiKi

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Really Disappointed in this go around with Provident. My order is still processing , I had ordered in mid December. Let's see how long it takes them to finally ship it out. Items I ordered are currently in stock so they have the supply.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I have to admit that they took all the "working days" possible before they shipped my order.
I don't know if it was because of the holidays, because of worry about fraud over the holiday, or what, but I do know that I ordered once from APMEX and once from Monarch while waiting for my order to ship, both companies I had not ordered from in about a year or more, so they lost two of my buys. Hope they enjoyed the time off - and the missed business. I did manage to squeeze in one order with the special code they gave out - couldn't let that pass by.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just to remind people. It is ten business days from when the check clears their bank. Now remember that the holidays caused the 23rd and 26th to be non business days for most as did either the 30th or the 2nd. Coupled with the weekends that is 7 days that don't count. Add in the ten days plus two days to mail and receive your check, you are looking at a minimum of 19 days prior to shipping. Just pointing out their policy that is known up front when the order is placed.

ccjoe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I just completed another seamless deal selling some pandas to Provident.
They gave me 9 over while APMEX offered 7 over.
Last deal APMEX gave me DOUBLE spot for some 2009 silver pandas> 61 bucks per coin.
They are both good, solid companies and it depends on what they are looking for as to how much they will pay.
I always have 3 or 4 companies to buy or sell to for that aforementioned reason.

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Just to remind people. It is ten business days from when the check clears their bank. Now remember that the holidays caused the 23rd and 26th to be non business days for most as did either the 30th or the 2nd. Coupled with the weekends that is 7 days that don't count. Add in the ten days plus two days to mail and receive your check, you are looking at a minimum of 19 days prior to shipping. Just pointing out their policy that is known up front when the order is placed.

i have an order stuck in the holiday delay, check was declared rec'd by them on dec 27th and still not shipped.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i have an order stuck in the holiday delay, check was declared rec'd by them on dec 27th and still not shipped.
Received by them is not the same as clearing their bank. Figure it to clear your bank on the 29th and theirs on the 30th hopefully. Then the ten day clock starts not counting weekends.

TiKi

Silver Member
Silver Miner
In fairness to provident, I did receive my order on time. They did not update the status of my order till after I had gotten it. So your status will probably be stuck at "processing" even though they shipped it out.

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
just got my shipping confirmation today, ordered on 12/19 they rec'd check on 12/27.