• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Do you prefer a brand?

• Matco

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Snap On

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Mac

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Craftsman

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Other?

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Replacing an intake manifold and needed a torque wrench, HD and Lowes way too high, this one worked like a champ. Additionally I had read using extensions altered the torque factor, I tried on one bolt marking the head and the bolt, I used a 4 and 6 inch extension and also tried the flex extension , there was no difference in torque values from 10 to 22 foot pounds, the range I was using.

3/8 in. Drive Click Type Torque Wrench

Pittsburgh® - item#807
Rated 3.88 out of 5 stars
628 ReviewsWrite a Review
3/8 in. torque wrench provides a range from 5-80 ft. lbs.

Purchase In Store Only

Only: $19.99
Compare to $84.97, Husky H2DTWA

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
My son suggested we buy one of these if I saw a bargain someday. Well last Ebay bucks entered use or lose time so I popped for one. I am really glad I did because no more chances of getting my wrist broken with a standard right angle drill, plenty of power and it just sails through a 4 5/8 hole for putting in a hole for a toilet and related 4 inch pipe. These new brush less motorized tools are a big advancement from my perspective

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Along the Dewalt 20 V line is this light that is very bright at 7000 lumens that is dimmable to 500 lumens. I think it would be great on a camping trip as well as providing job site lighting. It will accept 120V corded power as well as 20V and 69V batteries. It has a built in charger and, if you get a kit, comes with a fan cooled quick charger and a 6 amp hour 60V Max battery. The prices are all over the spectrum on this so if interested look around. I purchased two of the kits around Christmas for 249.99 shipped too the door. Someone has a kit on Ebay right now for 289.95 while Acme tools want's 499.99 for one-go figure. We use ours a lot and way more than expected. Today for example I used one to light up a wall where I was putting a second coat of white paint on so as to view the areas where I missed as I went along and that fast charger really works well.
(I have no connection to Dewalt other than buying their tools)