• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Reduced In Person Banking

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This notice was posted on the banks website.

To support our employees and customers, effective 3/31/2020, we will be temporarily limiting our branch hours. Our branches that are currently open, will be available Monday- Friday 9am-2pm only and closed on Saturday and Sunday. All branches that were temporarily closed prior to 3/31/2020, will remain closed.

While we’re modifying our branch hours, you can continue to access your accounts 24/7 through our online banking platform and utilize many other alternatives listed below.

It effectively reduced physical banking to 25 hours in a 7 day period with the only access being at the drive thru. This is the only institution that I am aware of in my area doing this so far.

While i was in a city north of me, I noticed a long line of vehicles (guestimating 30) in the drive up lane. Thought little of it because it's Friday but then I realized it was 1:45 P.M.

Has anybody seen something similar in their area?

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Forget about the "security of having a safety deposit box" in a bank, haha!
You don't hold it, you don't have it...
Nice accessible spot with a screwdriver= in the wall behind (or beside) your (built-in) medicine cabinet...
... or fake 4" PVC unglued "drain pipe" in your basement... (but flammable)
I'm thinking most of those people in line just wanted to cash their paychecks.

Jarrod32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I got the same notice from the bank I bank at. No difference to me...I do just about everything online or through the app anyway. Only have to go to the drive through if I have a check too large to use mobile deposit.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
i utilize mobile banking when I'm not near a location. Prefer to drop checks off at the bank because they make funds available faster.

I found it odd that they would push this. Hope it doesn't become the norm.

Last edited:

OverOver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Yes...what I got from two banks in my area..."Access to our lobbies will be granted by appointment ONLY"

I'm west of Houston

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This notice was posted on the banks website.

To support our employees and customers, effective 3/31/2020, we will be temporarily limiting our branch hours. Our branches that are currently open, will be available Monday- Friday 9am-2pm only and closed on Saturday and Sunday. All branches that were temporarily closed prior to 3/31/2020, will remain closed.

While we’re modifying our branch hours, you can continue to access your accounts 24/7 through our online banking platform and utilize many other alternatives listed below.

It effectively reduced physical banking to 25 hours in a 7 day period with the only access being at the drive thru. This is the only institution that I am aware of in my area doing this so far.

While i was in a city north of me, I noticed a long line of vehicles (guestimating 30) in the drive up lane. Thought little of it because it's Friday but then I realized it was 1:45 P.M.

Has anybody seen something similar in their area?
Hours have expanded here:
DRIVE-THRU HOURS CHANGING AS OF APRIL 6

As a valued Arvest customer, we want to keep you informed of local branch changes related to COVID-19.

Effective Monday, April 6, the drive-thrus listed below will change hours to Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Saturday drive-thru hours will not be changing at this time