• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Reloading Gear Prices

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It has been 15 or maybe close to 20 years since I've had to round up all the crap necessary to load for a new (to me) round. I just bought and am waiting for delivery of a 6.5 Grendel upper for one of my AR's. I'll start out with a couple of boxes of factory ammo to plink with but I'll also buy a few hundred pieces of brass and load. I've already got some good powders and plenty of primers.

I searched just a little while ago for a set of Redding Competition dies and "Woah Boy!", over $300! I'm pretty sure I wasn't paying anything like that when I collected my shelves full of reloading dies. I feel like a latter day Rip Van Winkle who goes to sleep in the 90's and wakes up in a world of $30,000+ Toyotas.

Looking forward to getting the rifle shooting. The 6.5 round gives an AR platform a better than AK level punch but with FAR better accuracy and distance.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I think I paid around $250 for my Redding "S" comp dies in 6.5x47 Lapua. Then had to buy the bushing for the re-sizer and a mandrel die separately plus a de-primer. But must admit they are wonderful.