• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

SDRs (Special Drawing Rights)?

faith

Seeker
Seeker
Last month, Zerohedge had an article called, "What Will Replace the Dollar?" I think it was written by a Brandon Smith. In it he went through some of the more common speculations on what will replace the dollar like the amero but his contention was SDRs, supposedly the currency of the World Bank/IMF, a basket of currencies, is the main candidate. He offered a link as food for thought. I clicked on the link and it took me to somewhere on the website for the United States Post Office. On the page was listed various costs of products of the USPS and their dollar equivalents in SDRs! I thought Hmmmmm.

It just so happened the same week I was traveling and looking on United Airlines baggage claim page. I was blown away. They stated they will not pay a claim for more than 1,000 SDRs!! They gave a footnote with a link for that day's conversion of the USD to SDRs which was something like .6434 SDRs for 1 US dollar.

I'm not sure what to make of this quiet information. Does it mean that if there was some emergency announcement of a replacement or default all our $$ would automatically be worth almost 35% less?

I wrote to some finance writer I have a nominal communication with and asked him what this implies. He told me it's nothing - invest in Home Depot.. But I find this strange.

TimoneX

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
These have been around for awhile. That scumbag Soros routinely yammers about them. I believe they have an interest rate attached to them. Strictly reptilian currency.

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
SDRs are phiat squared.

Just another phony currency backed by nothing but other phony phiat currencies, backed by nothing but hot air and the power of global goobermints to tax the masses.

faith

Seeker
Seeker
SDRs are phiat squared.

Just another phony currency backed by nothing but other phony phiat currencies, backed by nothing but hot air and the power of global goobermints to tax the masses.
But why was the US Postal Service costs list and the United Airline Baggage claim advisory listed in terms of SDRs?

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
But why was the US Postal Service costs list and the United Airline Baggage claim advisory listed in terms of SDRs?
Because the USPS is joined at the hip with the US goobermint, and some bureaucrap somewhere thought it would be a good idea to set an "international price."

UAL and all other airlines are part of IATA, the International Air Travel Association. By definition they are globalists. IATA's rules and regulations make the UN look like a cub scout troop.

SDR has no value other than what TPTB tell us it is worth.

faith

Seeker
Seeker
Because the USPS is joined at the hip with the US goobermint, and some bureaucrap somewhere thought it would be a good idea to set an "international price."

UAL and all other airlines are part of IATA, the International Air Travel Association. By definition they are globalists. IATA's rules and regulations make the UN look like a cub scout troop.

SDR has no value other than what TPTB tell us it is worth.
Ok, I get that. but there is no chance that TPTB will want to replace one fiat for another, if for no other reason than to help expedite the failure of the experiment called america? there is no reason in their thinking, not ours, to replace usd fiat, for SDR fiat?

(btw- how are things in Zentalquabula land?) LOL!

TimoneX

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Ok, I get that. but there is no chance that TPTB will want to replace one fiat for another, if for no other reason than to help expedite the failure of the experiment called america? there is no reason in their thinking, not ours, to replace usd fiat, for SDR fiat?

(btw- how are things in Zentalquabula land?) LOL!
Of course they will try to replace one fiat with another. When faith in the USD eventually dies...which it must, a replacement fiat must be immediately available as a "solution".

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
A look at SDR composition will answer your questions,Russia and more so China want the SDR to include their currency.Rumor has it Geitner promised Chinese Yuan into SDR,s,as of today,SDR is just a junior one world currency.IMF wants it to be introduced to all international transactions,but that will not happen till the dollar tanks-sooner than later.You will see more of SDR,s-our .gov has placed it's use in all foreign transactions,ie what you saw,airlines,US Post Office,all transactions of liability....

budfox

I have become comfortably numb...
Midas Member
A look at SDR composition will answer your questions,Russia and more so China want the SDR to include their currency.Rumor has it Geitner promised Chinese Yuan into SDR,s,as of today,SDR is just a junior one world currency.IMF wants it to be introduced to all international transactions,but that will not happen till the dollar tanks-sooner than later.You will see more of SDR,s-our .gov has placed it's use in all foreign transactions,ie what you saw,airlines,US Post Office,all transactions of liability....
A minimum 50% devaluation is in the cards. Only way out.

faith

Seeker
Seeker
This is what I'm wondering the implication is. If our airlines and postal service is denominating costs in sdr's there are probably other businesses quietly converting and we don't know about it. Perhaps our $$ worth converted to sdr's (at a 35% loss based on recent conversion rate) and masses issued government card with the sdr value digitized, no paper... but like you said, the one world currency, at our loss....

faith

Seeker
Seeker
A minimum 50% devaluation is in the cards. Only way out.
50%? that is even less than the conversion rate of dollars to sdr's....actually I did think to meself that if we got off the hook at 35% devaluation TPTB would be more charitable than I imagined they intended to be.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
50%? that is even less than the conversion rate of dollars to sdr's....actually I did think to meself that if we got off the hook at 35% devaluation TPTB would be more charitable than I imagined they intended to be.
A 4 to 1 is what I am hearing and expecting, more if our debt goes higher.Wallah,debt problem fixed.